This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

To Joe and Steve...

edited February 2007 in Forum Stuff
Shut the fuck up.

Ok, this is getting out of hand. You two are at each others throats and just bickering against each other for no reason. I was understanding at first, I mean we all get a little heated over the topics at hand, but your constant bickering and bullshit against each other is getting ridiculous. Almost every single thread made these days gets jacked by you two for your personal vendetta. It becomes impossible to participate in this forum with you guys yelling at each other, and I'll bet that alot of people are not posting cause they are sick of reading your shit. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick of you guys dragging threads down with your arguments. So, please, settle your shit somewhere else, or at least just whisper to each other so we don't have to see it.

-Andrew

Comments

• If there was an ignore feature I would be using it.
  • I agree completely with Andrew. As I've stated before(even though it was probably drowned out by Steve and Joe's constant arguing), almost every single political thread is completely ruined by the postings by you two. I'd go as far as saying it's spamming. You two are arguing for the sake of arguing. You can't agree on anything at all and it always seems like you two disagree with each other just because you don't like one another. An ignore feature would not solve anything. You guys are both mature adults and you need to learn how to end your arguments quickly by agreeing to disagree.

-Rob
  • edited February 2007
    For my part, I apologize.

I allowed some posts to really get under my skin. I will do my best to curb my responses in the future.

In the interests of keeping future discussions cleaner, I will utilize the whisper feature more often. Also, please feel free to email me at coun5elor@yahoo.com if you have a question about a post or if you simply wish to address me directly.

-Rob
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited February 2007
    So I've talked to both Joe and Steve and I think we have worked things out so it won't get out of hand anymore. I wanted to bring this up so that Joe and Steve realize what was going on and how I thought it was affecting the forum. Again, I feel like we have resolved the issue, so let us be done with it and enjoy our time here.

-Andrew
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited February 2007
    So I've talked to both Joe and Steve and I think we have worked things out so it won't get out of hand anymore.
    I've tried to stay out of heated discussions involving Joe and Steve. I can understand why people felt that it got somewhat out of hand.

Having said that, I'm somewhat concerned by WaterisPoison assuming the authority of board police officer. I have no problem with you saying that in your opinion it's out of hand - but it seemed to go farther than that. This board belongs to Rym and Scott. They should be the only ones who tell people what they can or can't post.

I'd rather ignore posts than have users start assuming the role of forum police.

And please note that I have no problem with the community stating what it prefers... I'm just referring to community members taking it to the next level.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I'd rather ignore some posts than see censorship.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • Having said that, I'm somewhat concerned by WaterisPoison assuming the authority of board police officer. I have no problem with you saying that in your opinion it's out of hand - but it seemed to go farther than that. This board belongs to Rym and Scott. They should be the only ones who tell people what they can or can't post.
    Steve and Joe didn't have to do anything Water said if they didn't want to. They weren't being forced. They could have just given Water the finger and ignored this board.

About it being Rym and Scott's board, this is partly true. They are the creators and rulers, and they can restrict anything they want. But we live here too. We want to make sure that these boards remain enjoyable for everyone, and if something is hindering that fun, something has to be said.
  • I was only voicing my opinion. I never once said that there would be repercussions or action taken to restrict their posting if they continued. I just recommended that they whisper to each other so the rest of us wouldn't have to read their issues with each other. This forum has had a history of self-policing (such as grammar) and all I wanted was to point out that their arguments were becoming immature and brought away from what I believe this forum is about.

To quote what Rym said in the rules:
    The Front Row Crew/GeekNights forums are a little different from other online communities, in that they will never be allowed to descend to the depths so common on "teh internets." The rules are simple:

1. Be mindful of your grammar and spelling.
    2. Post intelligently
    3. Don't be annoying.
    Both Joe and Steve whispered to me acknowledging the issue and basically just told me that they would be more mindful. I never once said that I would try to have action taken against them. I love this forum and think it is one of the best communities around.

Rym or Scott, why don't you chime in on the issue? I mean, this is your forum.

• Rym or Scott, why don't you chime in on the issue? I mean, this is your forum.
    Because we've pretty much been ignoring the issue. We really have much better things to be doing than worrying about this inanity.
  • inanity or insanity?
  • inanity or insanity?
    What I wrote, of course.
  • I was only voicing my opinion.
    Fair enough. It just didn't come across that way.