This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's sooo hot (I.E. Weather bitch thread)

edited July 2010 in Everything Else
Warm today....

Comments

• Warm Yesterday...

But Raining today! I love the rain! ^_^ Weeee!
  • It's finally going to be hot here this week. It's always like that. After a cloudy/rainy 4th of July the sun decides to come full force here.

For June it's been rainy/cool/humid, averaging 60s. Now it's going to be 90s this week. At least I have AC in my apartment, but not my car. -_-
  • edited July 2010
    yea it's supposed to get to 101 here in Philly, where the humidity on top of that makes it brutal... We have a lot of great things in the east coast but heat+humidity is not one of them.

I also was hoping that CT would be colder then here since it's further north when I get there on Thursday but in fact it will be hotter there then here....
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • One hundred degrees today, no cloud cover, and I work outside. Sunscreen is the nectar of the gods!
  • It's retarded hot here in the former swamp that is DC. And the smog is bad too. :(
    I also was hoping that CT would be colder then here since it's further north when I get there on Thursday but in fact it will be hotter there then here....
    If this is true I'll strongly consider a parking pass at the con and at the hotel.
  • It's finally going to be hot here this week. It's always like that. After a cloudy/rainy 4th of July the sun decides to come full force here.
    Yay Seattle! Normally I don't really mind the cooler weather, but it really does feel like it took much longer to get hot this year than usual.
  • Actually we had a very crazy storm on Saturday around noon. Cut off the power at some point. However, it was pretty fucking hot all last week and and it seems to continue now as well. Not necessarily the best weather when you're trying to erect a house.
  • If this is true I'll strongly consider a parking pass at the con and at the hotel.
    My plan is to arrive at the con and to spend as little time going back to the hotel as necessary.
  • It keeps hitting High 90s every time I go to class. What a B...
  • It's awesome. Last year sucked with so much rain. My bones remember Rochester, I'll take warm over woman every time.
  • I'll take men over women every time.
    Fixed for you
  • I'll take men over women every time.
    Fixed for you
    Fixed for YOU maybe.
  • The area I work is separated between two buildings about a quarter mile apart, one days like this I remote into other people's computers as much as possible.
  • On the positive side of things, my gym has better AC then my house which makes working out surprisingly pleasant. The heat also makes going to work is also more appealing.
  • I'm too afraid to step out for lunch, lest I get burned by the sun O_O
  • I put lotion on, but forgot the back of my neck. I need to make a checklist.
  • The back of the neck is #1 priority for me when applying sun block, as it usually the part of my body that gets sun burnt the most, along with my shoulders and upper back.
  • edited July 2010
    I need to make a checklist.
    1. Lower legs/feet
    2. Penis
    3. Upper Legs
    4. Penis
    5. Lower torso
    6. Testicles
    7. Upper Torso
    8. *taint*
    9. Shoulders/Arms/Neck
    10. Penis
    11. Penis&Testicles---Be; sure not to look down during this step w/o proper safety goggles.
    12. Face

EDIT: This is hot until till it peels.

Post edited by Wyatt on
  • This is hot until till it gives you cancer.
  • We recently got back from Florida and it is just as hot here as it was there. ;_;
  • EDIT: This is hot until till it peels.
    You mean hot for other people until your in constant pain from the burn?
  • It's hotter here than in my hometown in fucking NORTH CAROLINA. Fuck this weather. Pete, nothing outside the bedroom is getting done today. Just FYI. Aoife and I have rescheduled for tomorrow, and the dishes can suck it.
  • This is hot until till itgives you cancer.
    adorable artistic cancer
  • You guys are all wusses. I'm going for a run as soon as I get home. This is optimal weather! ^_^
  • You guys are all wusses. I'm going for a run as soon as I get home. This is optimal weather! ^_^
    I biked to work. Both ways. I also walked ten blocks each way for lunch.
  • I also walked ten blocks each way for lunch.
    I walked six, but I'm wearing a wool suit. I didn't even unbutton it.

/wenis-waving
  • Was it snowing and you were in bare feet?
  • edited July 2010
    I'm going for a run as soon as I get home. This is optimal weather! ^_^
    .. AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 10 PM EDT TUESDAY...

THE NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION HAS ISSUED AN AIR QUALITY HEALTH ADVISORY FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES...

DUTCHESS... ULSTER... COLUMBIA... GREENE... SCHOHARIE... ALBANY... RENSSELAER... SARATOGA... SCHENECTADY... WASHINGTON... FULTON... MONTGOMERY... WARREN... HAMILTON AND HERKIMER.

AIR QUALITY LEVELS IN OUTDOOR AIR ARE PREDICTED TO BE GREATER THAN AN AIR QUALITY INDEX VALUE OF 100 FOR THE POLLUTANT OF OZONE. THE AIR QUALITY INDEX WAS CREATED AS AN EASY WAY TO CORRELATE LEVELS OF DIFFERENT POLLUTANTS TO ONE SCALE. THE HIGHER THE AQI VALUE, THE GREATER THE HEALTH CONCERN.

WHEN POLLUTION LEVELS ARE ELEVATED... THE NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH RECOMMENDS THAT INDIVIDUALS CONSIDER LIMITING STRENUOUS OUTDOOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ADVERSE HEALTH EFFECTS. PEOPLE WHO MAY BE ESPECIALLY SENSITIVE TO THE EFFECTS OF ELEVATED LEVELS OF POLLUTANTS INCLUDE THE VERY YOUNG, AND THOSE WITH PRE-EXISTING RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS SUCH AS ASTHMA OR HEART DISEASE. THOSE WITH SYMPTOMS SHOULD CONSIDER CONSULTING THEIR PERSONAL PHYSICIAN.

A TOLL FREE AIR QUALITY HOTLINE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED SO NEW YORK RESIDENTS CAN STAY INFORMED ON THE AIR QUALITY SITUATION. THE TOLL FREE NUMBER IS: 1 800 5 3 5, 1 3 4 5.
    No, really, it's too fucking hot.

EDIT: The same advisory is in place for the New York Metro area:
    SUFFOLK... NASSAU... RICHMOND... KINGS... QUEENS... NEW YORK... BRONX... WESCHESTER... ROCKLAND... ORANGE... AND PUTNAM
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • A little ozone never hurt a young healthy person.
  • A little ozone never hurt a young healthy person.
    Have fun with that. My asthmatic ass is staying indoors.