This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

These freaking avatars!!!(Forum icons)

edited March 2007 in Forum Stuff
OK, I'll admit, I'M A NOOB. I need some help. I know a majority of you here in the forums have a forum icon. I have been trying to get one, and I'm stumped. Nothing will upload and I can't figure this thing out. Can someone explain this to me or maybe give me an icon or a place where I can get one. I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• I recomend to:
    Get a picture you like.
    Change the pixels by using paint.
    The save it in an Flirkr account
    Use the properties of the picture you have selected as an Avatar.
  • OK, I have all my pictures in my Flickr. Now what do you mean "use the properties I have selected as an avatar"?
  • Make an avatar that is 32 pixels wide by 32 pixels high.
    Save the image file on your hard drive somewhere
    Click on the Account tab in the forum.
    Click on the Account Pictures link in the left sidebar of the page.
    Click browse to find the image on your hard drive.
    Click save.

Is this that different from other forums? The only difference is that the avatars are much smaller.
  • God, I'm so blind. I was just looking at it wrong. I thought I was supposed to enter in a URL.jpg and the picture of it would pop up. And I've had no other problem doing the same thing In other forums. I dont know what I was thinking. ~_~
  • We're all cool and hip, so we let you upload an avatar to our server instead of forcing you to have your own image hosting. ^_~
  • Rym's so hip he can't even see his own feet.
  • From the ashes, I revive this thread.

Not really on the original topic of the thread, but I'd figure it would be nice to see where people got their avatar from. There are certain member's avatar that I can't quite figure out, or it's too tiny to really see. If you want, please post about your avatar.

Most old time members know of my avatar. It was made my Funfetus in a contest I had a while back.

It's so adorable that I made it as my gravatar for my blog and as other avatars for various social networking websites and forums.

(BTW, Funfetus, if you make me another one with the Panda knitting, I would so <3 you forever.)
  • I'm a towel.
  • Mine is a drawing I made of myself when I had longer hair. I need to redo it.
  • I'm a petrified kappa.
  • I am a photo of me holding my balls. *snigger*

edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
  • Oh, I always thought it was Kuronekosama from Trigun. Another avatar I had wrong this whole time! T_T
  • Mine is a pimpBot I drew like ten years ago, I can't find the original one anymore, so this is the largest one I have available.
  • Most people should know what mine is. If not, they should be ashamed.
    What is it?
    Seriously, what is it? There are some areas of geekery I'm not acquainted with. Don't assume we all know. :P
  • edited October 2010
    It's the icon for America's Army, if I'm not mistaken.
    Counterstrike.
    You should take into account we have a very wide range of geek here. Some of them don't even have PS2 controllers.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited October 2010
    It's the icon for counterstrike source. I thought most of you would know.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • It's the icon for counterstrike source. I thought most of you would know.
    I do not play FPSs. I've tried many times, but the first person view makes me nauseated. I've also NEVER played CS.
  • Rym, bring out the banhammer :P Just kidding, I understand that not everyone enjoys the same type of games or even games at all.
  • It's the icon for counterstrike source. I thought most of you would know.
    Nope, I've never played it.
  • A sprite of Ramona Flowers!
    edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited October 2010
    Now I feel like a douche for assuming you guys knew what it was.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I think I found this on a random Google image search, years ago.
  • I'M A MOTHA-FUCKIN' ROTOM. I POSSESS ELECTRONICS, BITCH.
  • Mine is the old World Tae Kwon Do Federation logo.
  • I downloaded a .zip of DS game startup screen icons years ago and this was my favorite.
  • Mine is Giant Robo and Daisaku Kusama! :D