This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sonic Fan Remix

edited October 2010 in Video Games
http://sonicfanremix.com/

I heard on the Internets that Sonic 4 was actually not so good. Well, it looks like the fans did a BETTER job than the pros. Expect this trend to continue.

Comments

• EXCELLENT.
  • Dayum. I was just expecting a good rom hack or something.
  • The controls don't feel quite right, but they feel a lot better then Sonic 4.
  • I can't seem to download it.
  • I think we killed their little site.
  • edited October 2010
    Try here (mirror)
    I'm quite impressed by this demo. The gameplay mechanics are solid and feel right. The visuals are stunning and a little distracting at times. Not sure if I like it any better than Sonic 4, but it certainly is most impressive. Yay Unity!
    Post edited by ColombianShadow on
  • edited October 2010
    Tried it and I'm really starting to feel that Sonic is a game of it's time. Simple graphics and controls so tight you didn't have to learn to compensate for them aren't something that many people do these days.

Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I...I think you're right...

And that really makes me sad. That means that the good games that we had back in the late 80's and early 90's are all we'll have of the good old sonic games. When I played Sonic 4 at PAX, I didn't like it because it was a good game in and on its own, it was the nostalgia of playing on the genesis that made me REALLY like the game.

Sonic Adventure 2 was good, but that too was a game of it's time.

I just got really depressed just now...
  • Simple graphics and controls so tight you didn't have to learn to compensate for them aren't something that many people do these days.
    Except in Super Meat Boy. Just saying.
  • edited October 2010
    While there's things like Super Meat Boy, SMB assumes you've been playing tough as balls platformers since forever. There aren't any games that run the gamut of beginner to old pro.

Imagine if Starcraft 2 didn't have any single player bits in it.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    1. Imagine if Starcraft 2 didn't have any single player bits in it.

You're already zergling rushed.