This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Non-Shit-Talk of Your Day

Comments

• Just like there's no reason to use a vinyl record other than to sell to hipsters.
    DJ's use timecoded vinyls for creating a physical interface with DJ-ing software. And many DJ's use vinyl for live performances because it's easier to manipulate in real-time.
    Also serves as a first line of defense against the undead.
  • Just like there's no reason to use a vinyl record other than to sell to hipsters.
    DJ's use timecoded vinyls for creating a physical interface with DJ-ing software. And many DJ's use vinyl for live performances because it's easier to manipulate in real-time.
    Yes, but Serrato is a digital system, you're not actually using the analog audio on the record. Also, you don't actually need a record, you could just do it with any sort of spinning disc interface.
  • Sorted: lighting (mostly) and mirror positioning. Now I just need to get a hair cut, and take the final damn photo.
    I just noticed the whole light/dark motif which did not really catch my eye to begin with in the first picture.
    I'm glad you finally got it, as it was one of the main ideas of the photo! It's hard to sum up an entire person with a single photo, and so there needs to be lots of layers like this. Or at least, that's the way I think at the moment, about a photo of me.
  • I'm going to be on ATW9000 tonight.
  • edited October 2010
    Alright, are you ready for this? I don't know if you can handle it.

This weekend everyone is going to that rally or whatever. I prefer not to travel such great distances to stand in a crowd for hours on end and have people yelling woo and such. Also, the NY Giants have a bye, this week, so no footballs.

Instead, it's time to do some shit-talk, or not, as the case may be. This weekend I will do one of two things, and YOU will decide which one.

On the one hand I can upgrade the forum to Vanilla 2. This would mean some forum downtime, but I have a feeling it will be a quiet weekend.

The second option is a little different. I just read a Q&A; with James Rolfe (AVGN) and he says he would most like to see a remake of Demons to Diamonds. I had never heard of this game, so I checked it on YouTube.

Oh man, I could make a killer remake of that shit! Especially with the two player action. And XNA 4 just came out.

So what will it be? Vanilla 2 or Demons to Diamonds?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Fuck Vanilla 2! Demons to Diamonds it up in this shit!
  • Demons to Diamonds.
  • Demons to Diamonds.
    Demons to Diamonds.
    Demons to Diamonds.
    QTFT.
  • edited October 2010
    Alright, I'll get started right after I finish cooking/eating dinner.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Probably an idea to at least put up the forum banner to say the forum is probably going down sometime soon.
  • I have that game... ;^)
  • I have that game... ;^)
    Is it good like they say? I've just researched it, and it is conceptually sound.
  • Is it good like they say? I've just researched it, and it is conceptually sound.
    I was obsessed with it because I'd read a review of it as a kid, but didn't own it. I finally acquired the game at one point, only to discover it was mediocre.

The concept is solid, but it needs one more thing. Good art would help too.
  • The concept is solid, but it needs one morething.
    I got that one more thing.
    Good art would help too.
    No gots, but my thing of the day from yesterday is suddenly proving useful in the audio department.
  • So far we got a ship that moves back and forth, and shoots. Of course, it can move right the hell off the screen, but it's a start. Also, ship looks suspiciously identical to Galaga ship.
  • I participated in a podcast. :P

I made goulash that was fan-freaking-tastic and wasn't too spicy for Jeremy. I plan on bringing some to work to share with a coworker and my mother.
  • I don't think Vanilla 2 is mature enough to the point where you guys would want to use it. Lots of bugs still. I set up a forum with it, and neither of the leading quote plugins work for shit, among other issues.
  • Very important question. What do I name this game?

Goblins to Gold?
    Robots to Rubies?
  • Cocks to Balls.
  • edited October 2010
    Balls to Boobies?

I'm trying to imagine what Demons to Diamonds would look like rendered Geometry Wars style.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited October 2010
    Dick to Mouth?

Ass to Mouth?

(Yes, I went there. No, I'm not ashamed.)
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited October 2010
    If something's encouraging oral-alan anal sex, does it need some kind of health warning?
  • Windows to Walls?
  • Ass to Mouth?
    Human centipede rom-hack?

shits to giggles?
  • Ass to Mouth?(Yes, I went there. No, I'm not ashamed.)
    YOU NEVER GO ASS TO MOUTH!!!
  • Not helping.
  • Wraiths to Rhombuses?
  • edited October 2010
    Old Ones to non-euclidean geometric shapes
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited October 2010
    Maybe a game that tries to quickly sell the idea of the game? I'm still getting this Geometry Wars vibe from the idea.

E.g. "Upconvert".
  • Maybe a game that tries to quickly sell the idea of the game? I'm still getting this Geometry Wars vibe from the idea.
    I've heard Geometry Wars mentioned a few times, and I have no vision of what it might look or play like at all. Don't tell me though, as imagining what a game about geometry and war looks like is a fun thought experiment.