This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

1 session Quick Rpgs needed

2»

Comments

• We can try to play it this weekend.
    Does anyone want to play any other games this weekend? Freemarket?
    Freemarket! I'm on the fence about buying this game because of the price. You guys should do some podcasts about the Freemarket games you've run. I'd be excited to hear some actual play of Free Market, Burning Wheel and Lacuna.

I'm going to be throwing together a 1 game session tonight. The guy who wrote Contenders also made a cool looking game called Hell 4 Leather.

Canon Puncture podcast 104 has a great review of Contenders that is worth hearing and The Bear Swarm! podcast has an actual play podcast of Hell 4 Leather.
  • The guy who wrote Contenders also made a cool looking game calledHell 4 Leather.
    OK, that sounds really cool.
  • Feng Shui is awesome.

This is a game that has a mechanic where your shotgun automatically gets a +2 if you remember to go "CHK-CHK" before you roll to fire.
    Yep. That's one of my favorite parts about the game. It certainly doesn't take itself too seriously. I mean, one of the expansion packs for its stock setting involves sentient apes with names like "Battlechimp Potemkin" and "Furious George."
  • I am extremely excited. I'm running Poison'd on Saturday night.
  • You guys should try out AMMO. It's a little rules-heavy, but don't fret; just read through it and you should be able to manage.
  • You guys should try out AMMO. It's a little rules-heavy, but don't fret; just read through it and you should be able to manage.
    What the hell am I looking at?
  • What the hell am I looking at?
    I know, I know. There's a lot of material. Take your time and sort through it.
  • What the hell am I looking at?
    I know, I know. There's a lot of material. Take your time and sort through it.
    Oh, NOW I get it. I wasn't understanding the rage mechanic entirely, but briefly skimming page two again cleared that right up.
  • Oh, NOW I get it. I wasn't understanding the rage mechanic entirely, but briefly skimming page two again cleared that right up.
    Yeah, it's confusing at first. I just focus on the caps and it helps me put my character in the right mindset.
  • This is stupid.
  • This is stupid.
    Yeah, most people are waiting for the Essentials version.
  • It's a bit excessive. I mean, the framework for just a simple conversation alone is pretty tedious.
  • If you want something a little different, there is this homebrew system based on the PC game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. It's from the /tg/ board on 4chan. The rules are light and it can be a one shot or a full campaign if you want.
  • Don't we already have a thread for this?
  • edited January 2012
    Do we? I didn't see one in the RPG subforum, but if there's a thread like this I'll just read that.

EDIT: Found it. This thread can be closed.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • I'm trying to do this same idea, one-shot RPGs from a variety of sets. How did this end up going for you guys?
  • I ran Poison'd a while back, and my group (how I miss those lovable motherfuckers) still reference what happened during that game anytime we play.

Run Poison'd.
  • By the way, I think I might be looking for a 4th person (or possibly 4th and 5th) who can join in via Skype/webcam. If there is any interest in joining a random, semi-every-other-weekend game let me know. and I'll give you details about what I'm planning and see if you'd be interested.
  • edited January 2012
    Two one-shot games that I have enjoyed are Dread and Time&Temp, both designed by Epidiah Ravachol. Dread is a horror game using a Jenga tower for conflict resolution. Time & Temp is a game about time-traveling temp workers which was inspired by Doctor Who. Information on both games can be found at Epi's blog.
    Post edited by TheEvilTwin on