This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pixar Shorts and Feature-Length Films

Comments

• That concept art looks pretty awesome. It would be doubly awesome if they could get the actual film to have that look.
    It's Pixar. There are three companies who I'd have confidence in to produce a movie that looked like that, while still being very well animated, and that's Blur, Pixar, and Weta.
  • First look at Brave and it is so beautiful! And look at that mass of red hair on that Scottish Lass. This is gonna be good!
  • I can't freaking wait for Brave and the return to non-sequel Pixar movies.

That being said, Monsters Inc. 2 is also coming out that year and I doubly can't wait for that.
  • That being said, Monsters Inc. 2 is also coming out that year and I doubly can't wait for that.
    Yeah, I don't mind that sequel.

I'm also digging the voice acting cast they have for the movie of Brave as well.
  • They have a good track record with sequels, but I am SO not excited for Cars 2. Bleh.
  • but I am SO not excited for Cars 2
    When I found out that the movie has Michael Caine, Eddie Izzard, and a Michael Giacchino score, my hopes for that movie went way up.
  • but I am SO not excited for Cars 2
    When I found out that the movie has Michael Caine, Eddie Izzard, and a Michael Giacchino score, my hopes for that movie went way up.
    Still has Tow-mater/Hillbilly-dumbfuck in it as a prominent character, so even with the other voice actors, I'm still not as excited.
  • Pixar probably made more money off Cars merchandising than all the other movies put together. I'm hardly surprised they've picked this one for a sequel. I thought the original was the worst of all the Pixar movies. Except Up, I guess. I watched to the end of Cars, but didn't make it more than 30 minutes into Up.
  • I still don't understand your hatred of Up.
  • I don't understand anyone's hatred of Cars, though I wasn't really a fan of Up.
  • I don't understand anyone's hatred of Cars, though I wasn't really a fan of Up.
    I really enjoyed Cars. I fully understand that it is the weakest of the Pixar films, but I really got caught up in the story of the town and the side characters are really fun. Guido is the best, though.
    I liked everything about Cars except for Towmater being voiced by Larry the Cable Guy.

Now his character is more prevalent in the sequel. I also don't care for Nascar, which this movie was an homage to. I liked the overall story, but it's my least favorite of all the Pixar movies.

My favorite thing about the movie was the carsfolk of Radiator Springs minus Towmater.
  • Cars is easily the cleverest Pixar film just by the "how many car-based puns and parodies can we cram into the scenery and dialog"-type jokes, which I'm a big fan of. A Bug's Life runs a close second for me in that category.
  • Cars is easily the cleverest Pixar film just by the "how many car-based puns and parodies can we cram into the scenery and dialog"-type jokes, which I'm a big fan of. A Bug's Life runs a close second for me in that category.
    I'll agree with you on that. I always laugh whenever I watch A Bug's Life with their jokes. It never gets old.
  • You know what it's been too long since I've watched? The Incredibles. I must remedy this.
  • You know what it's been too long since I've watched? The Incredibles. I must remedy this.
    Same here, but I'm watching Tangled tonight with my free Pascal plushy. :3
    I'm still waiting for this.
    I'm still waiting for this.
    That and Tron comes out in April as well! So many good movies to purchase.

Also, Jeremy was nice enough to get this for me when Best Buy opened just in case it sold out. Pascal plushy free with Tangled Blu Ray purchase.

• PS: Lydia has the same blanket and loves the shit out of it.
  • PS: Lydia has the same blanket and loves the shit out of it.
    Heh, I got it as a stocking stuffer Xmas present. It's too small to really use to bundled up in, but it's great for backgrounds. :3

I have like 4 other blankets of similar make and various sizes as well.
    Now Up isn't in my Top 3 of Pixar Films. I really liked it, but I was a tad bit disappointed by it, because of all the advertisements of it. Because of that, I was able to guess what was going to happen throughout the movie. Out of all the Pixar Movies I've watched, (Haven't seen Cars or WALL-E) they've been able to surprise me in terms of plot or character, but Up really didn't.
  • Ro, I still say that the Pascal plushie is creepy.
    YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!
    YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!
    I think the plushie is kyoot! Makes me want to go buy it, even though we don't have a Blu Ray player, and it would be cheaper to wait for the regular DVD to come out by itself. :(
  • YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!
    I already have a Pascal plushie! I got it for Christmas!
    even though we don't have a Blu Ray player, and it would be cheaper to wait for the regular DVD to come out by itself. :(
    The DVD came out on the same day.
  • even though we don't have a Blu Ray player, and it would be cheaper to wait for the regular DVD to come out by itself. :(
    The DVD came out on the same day.
    Oh, you're right! The commercials led me to believe it was only Blu Ray combo pack. Gosh darn you, Disney!
  • Who said anything about hating Up? I have started watching many movies that I've not finished. Life is too short! The same with books.

The first ten minutes of Up were really touching. However, after that nothing entertained me. Not the old man, not the scout kid, not the house, not the balloons, not the flying, not the adventure or the story. Then the dogs turned up, and things started actively annoying me, and yet there was nothing to soften the blow with actual entertainment. Then the bird turned up. I told my self "If I don't break into any kind of smile in the next five minutes, I'm leaving the theater." No smiles arrived, no enjoyment of anything, nothing even slightly entertaining. So I left. No big deal. That movie just wasn't for me. No hate, just weirdly disappointed, as no matter how little I've thought of a few previous Pixar movies, I've never felt so completely detached. At least Cars has funny lines and action that matters.

I have a bad feeling I told that exact story previously in this thread.
  • Yeah, I watched Up on Netflix recently. I finsihed it, and kinda liked it, but I definitely see where Luke is coming from. I was extremely interested in what was going on at the beginning of the movie, and I wished the whole movie was more like that. Instead, it diverges and goes on this whole wild adventure that I really didn't care about nearly as much. Just like the first half of Death Note vs the second half. It's not a bad second half. It's just that you cared so much about the characters and story of the first half that when they change it on you, you are just disappointed. Like a flavor changing chewing gum where the second flavor isn't necessarily bad, but leaves you wishing it would go back to the first flavor.
  • It's just that you cared so much about the characters and story of the first half that when they change it on you, you are just disappointed.
    While the movie never really lived up to the emotional depth of the beginning, I found that there were little flashes of that level of emotion throughout the movie. Scenes like when Russel was talking about his family and the fact that the only reason Kevin left her home to face the dogs was to get food for her family. That being said, I really got caught up in the adventure story and the whole idea of an action movie starring an old man. Also, Dug is awesome and his short on the DVD/Blu-Ray is adorable/funny/depressing.
  • Like a flavor changing chewing gum where the second flavor isn't necessarily bad, but leaves you wishing it would go back to the first flavor.
    I have never tasted chewing gum, as ever time someone has offered me some, I've simply declined. The concept disgusts me slightly, so I've never put that stuff anywhere near my mouth.