This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Delicious Noms of Your Day

Comments

• Does the rail go to Federal Way? I recall talking to a kind lady on my way to the airport last PAX and I *think* that came up... Anyway, Post-Pax Monday, before I fly out, Black Bear looks TOTALLY worth the ride down!
  • Does the rail go to Federal Way? I recall talking to a kind lady on my way to the airport last PAX and I *think* that came up... Anyway, Post-Pax Monday, before I fly out, Black Bear looks TOTALLY worth the ride down!
    The rail goes as far south as Sea Tac, and the restaurant is like 15 more minutes south of that.

It really is a good place to eat. Their portions are huge for such a great price. I also had fresh squeezed orange juice and it was delicious. We'll be going there to check there lunch and dinner menus as well.

Perhaps on a Thursday, I'd offer to drive down there, but no promises.

They also sell bear claws that are the more than likely the equivalent size to an actual bear's claw.

• Today is eat awesome foods all day in the life of Ro. For a small lunch I'm having a felafel pita with tatziki, humus, roma tomatoes, lettuce, and strawberries on the side.

Tonight, Jeremy was so sad he wasn't here for pork chops so I'm making some again. They've been marinating all day. I plan on making it tonight with wild basmati rice pilaf and some veggies in a balsamic sauce.
  • Those look like some sexy strawberries.
  • My brother made his first duck. We went to our Farmer's Market which always surprises me with amazing stuff, and one of the meat vendors was selling whole duck. He roasted it with his cajun seasoning, filled the cavity with garlic/thyme/bay leaf. And it was really good. Skin like bacon. We saved all the bones some of the left over skin/heavy fat and we are making stock with it now. We saved all the duck fat too...made Duck-Fat flavored Mustard Greens with it.
  • Went down to the food truck bazaar for dinner. Had a mighty fine burger, some fried chicken with tasty skins and some really good mac and cheese. The highlight was the best sweet tea I've had in years. I knew I could rely on a place called Mama's Fixins to have proper sweet tea. It's really hard to find here in the north (Orlando is totally a northern city).
  • And the day of delicious meals is complete. Right now Jeremy and I are eating the pork chops that have been marinating in my father's special recipe all day. On top of that we have fire roasted vegetables and wile & basmati rice pilaf.

• I'm always on the look out for new instant noodle type soups other than ramen and i found one called Neo-Guri, so i bought some and made it.... This soup is fantastic it tastes like shrimp rice balls and even has little pieces of nori floating around in it. The soup has an amazing spicy fishy flavor(not everyone's favorite but to each his own right?)
  • Chocolate Eggo Waffles. 'nuff said.
  • Picked up some good shit from my Farmer's Market aka Pork Sausage, Arrowhead Cabbage, Swiss Chard, Tomato-Herb Bread, and a Chocolate Mint Plant. But we have a completely new vendor there who sells homemade ice cream, which was damn tasty. I got his vanilla, which was so creamy it almost tasted like it had flecks of butter in it.
  • Best meal I've had in recent memory was in NYC at a fancy restaurant, Maialino. Got the sweet suckling terrine and good lord it was delicious. Will have to check my phone to see if I took any food shots.
  • edited June 2011
    Went to the city centre today and bought so much from the Chinese supermarket. I am set for miso soup for a while, also got some udon, gyoza and beer.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Not mine but a friend's nom
  • Midnight Snack Nom: Swiss Chard/Goat Cheese Frittata. Tasty stuff.
  • All these ideas are great, but my preference nom is probably a big old blop of jello. I like it simple :)
  • There is a little deli a couple blocks down the road from my office that claims to be an east coast style deli (I cannot verify this, as I have never been to an east coast deli). East coast style or not, their sandwiches are goddamn fantastic. I've gotten to the point where I'm going at least once a week. It's a good thing they have dozens of options, so I'll never get tired of the same old thing.
  • edited June 2011
    Name of deli?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • G Deli in Kirkland.
  • G Deli in Kirkland.
    Yeah, I will probably never go there being that I don't think I've ever been to the land of Kirk.
  • G Deli in Kirkland.
    Yeah, I will probably never go there being that I don't think I've ever been to the land of Kirk.
    Unless you work here, I don't recommend visiting. It's commonly known as a congregation area for rich, d-bag assholes and whores who can't do any better than that.
  • Unless you work here, I don't recommend visiting. It's commonly known as a congregation area for rich, d-bag assholes and whores who can't do any better than that.
    I think that for pretty much any area north/east of Seattle.

I remember being in Bellevue a few weekends ago and every other car I saw was either a BMW, Mercedes, or some other high priced vehicle.
  • Just went to a kaiten sushi place. I had miso seared salmon onigiri. I thought normal seared salmon nigiri with spicy mayo was delicious, but I stand corrected.
  • Wait, so normal seared salmon nigiri with spicy mayo isn't delicious?
  • Not by this newly established standard of salmon (o)nigiri deliciousness.
    My dinner consisted of Pineapple, Orange, and Watermelon sorbet and a bottle of micro-brewery produced cream soda. I love vacation.
  • Virgil's = win.
  • Virgil's = win.
    I was surprised at the kick it had to it. All of the other cream sodas I have had have been super smooth, but this was a welcome change.
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah, Virgils is some of the best cream soda I've had, but I can only have so much. It's like drinking cake batter. Boylan does a good job too; if I remember correctly it's a lot less sweet than Virgil's.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • By the way, you should mix some of that cream soda with some amaretto and add a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Fuckin' delicious.