This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Delicious Noms of Your Day

Comments

• My dinner consisted of Pineapple, Orange, and Watermelon sorbet and a bottle of micro-brewery produced cream soda. I love vacation.
    While you're in SoCal you should go to Galco's. Get the Manhattan Special Vanilla Cream.
  • Where is Galco's? I went to Moo Time on Coronado for the sorbet.
  • edited June 2011
    Ah, I didn't realize you were that far south. Galco's is in LA, in the neighborhood of Eagle Rock. Might be a bit of a detour for you, even if you were coming from Anaheim.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Yeah, the farthest North we're going is Anaheim this time around.
  • My favorite Cream Soda is IBC. IBC all the freaking way.
  • Wait, so normal seared salmon nigiri with spicy mayo isn't delicious?
    Oh it is very delicious, but now a new challenger has entered the ring. I can't decided which is better.
  • edited June 2011
    This. You see this Ginger Ale? This Ginger Ale will fucking curb stomp you.
    That's because they put fucking capsicum oil in it.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I forgot how much I liked fried pork skin. Soooo good.
    That reminds me - I have a bunch of excess pig skin from the last time I made bacon. Time for some cracklins!
    I enjoy Filipino chicharon with Mama Sita's All Purpose Sauce.
  • More udon and gyoza!
  • edited June 2011
    Oh tocino fried rice, you make my mouth so happy.

The rice has been fried with garlic and black pepper so well that the taste is infused in the rice. I fucking love tocino.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • This discussion makes me feel hungry.
  • I've made Mojito-Flavored Ice Cream. It looks just like regular vanilla, white ice cream, but absurdly smooth. Layers of flavor too, I noticed the top part of the ice cream (After pulled from the Ice Cream Maker) had more lime flavor, while the bottom had more Mint flavor.
  • I just had a glass of orange juice so pulpy it could be described as chewy. ^_^
  • I really want to go Roscoes Chicken and Waffles. Damned having to work today!
  • I just had a glass of orange juice so pulpy it could be described as chewy. ^_^
    So regular orange juice? Unless you're get some cheap orange juice, you're going to get delicious pulp.
  • When I go to the store I get the one that has pulp added.
  • edited July 2011
    When I go to the store I get the one that has pulp added.
    Still a cheapo low-on-pulp orange juice. These days orange juice is just the orange put in a blender.

EDIT: Well, maybe without peel. You can use that for other food better. BUT THE REST STAYS!
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited July 2011
    When I go to the store I get the one that has pulp added.
    Still a cheapo low-on-pulp orange juice. These days orange juice is just the orange put in a blender.

EDIT: Well, maybe without peel. You can use that for other food better. BUT THE REST STAYS!
    ...I live in Florida. I don't know what y'all do for oranges in Europeland, but I walk down the street to the orange grove and (k?)nick few oranges for juicing before the owners notice.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Pop Tarts!

*sigh*
  • Fuck that. S'mores for breakfast.
  • *Open this thread at 8:45 AM*
    *See Ro's bowl of fried rice*

Oh my god I'm so hungry.
  • *See Ro's bowl of fried rice*
    I actually made some of that same fried rice over the weekend along with longanisa.

I plan on cooking the rest of the longanisa and tocino for dinner tonight.
    Solution: S'mores Pop-Tarts.
  • ...I live in Florida. I don't know what y'all do for oranges in Europeland, but I walk down the street to the orange grove and (k?)nick few oranges for juicing before the owners notice.
    The joke was "MORE IS BETTER" + "CAPITALSM" = "DERP!" I could of gone have gone the other way with giving homeopathic medicine a run for its money with the dilution factor on orange juice. That one probably would've caught better, but that's 20/20 hindsight.
  • I juice my own oranges.
  • edited July 2011
    I juice my own oranges.
    Which is the only way to get actual orange juice. None of that concentrated crap that then gets watered down for packaging day, or the random fruit-pulp-added shit that might have been apple juice in the factory (or worse).
    Post edited by Not nine on
    Solution: S'mores Pop-Tarts.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    No.
  • I juice my own oranges.
    Which is the only way to get actual orange juice. None of that concentrated crap that then gets watered down for packaging day, or the random fruit-pulp-added shit that might have been apple juice in the factory (or worse).
    Exactly what I was saying. I hardly even consider that there's orange juice that isn't fresh squeezed.