This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your RPG Sessions

I did a quick search and couldn't find a similar thread, so I'm going to start it!

I hear a lot of nonspecific talk about RPGs around here, but I've yet to hear anyone actually go into any detail. If you want to do so, here is a thread for that. Crazy stories, talking about setting ideas, just talking about the latest session, etc.

After about a year of non-playingness, my buddies and I finally got our shit together for a new game of Dark Heresy, run by yours truly. Traditionally, we've played more beer-and-pretzel-y kill the monsters, get teh loots games, so this time I wanted to try some a bit more mature and roleplay-based. The way I'm doing this is running it like a cop show; the main characters are members of an urban police service formed into a special unit to catch serial killers, which in a 40k setting means high probablity of cultist, daemonic or alien influence. The first session was basically just a Q&A session, with the players, while making characters, asking questions about the planet and myself answering them if I thought the answers would be common knowledge.

I choose a police proceedural theme in order to reign my player's enthusiasm for large firearms and lots of violence in; because they are uniformed cops, they are limited to their sidearms and the equipment they can keep in their utility belt. Anything more, they need to requisition from higher up. Next session, I'll be issuing everyone small notepads and pens to take notes for evidence. Additionally, I'm issuing everyone corruption points in secret, and each character has to have a dark secret of dark secretness (which is pretty bog standard, but most of these guys are new to roleplaying as opposed to just murdering)

With luck, each session is going to be a single case, in a "season" like a television. I've got the next few sessions planned out, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Comments

• I finally convinced my RPG group to play something other than D&D 3.5. That took way more effort than it should have. When will people realize that the D20 system and hit points don't work for everything?

The game we are going to be playing is Cyberpunk 2020. This week was our first session were I basically taught the game and helped build their characters. I have a feeling this is going to be a nightmare for a while but they will catch on. Most of the group likes the setting much more than the standard tolken fantasy setting. A few guys don't have a clue what cyberpunk is though. Im starting the game at a rather low scale and it keeps growing until its a full scale war in the city.
  • I wrapped up a Cyberpunk session a couple of weeks ago. I played mine very much with an RP heavy theme with the protagonists having to work for the mob. I really wanted them to realise that they weren't these super soldiers and to make them feel as if they were people rather than these rules monkey machines. In the end they all realised that they weren't special and that everyone wanted to kill them. It was kind of my problem with the setting after a while it gets crazy over powered. The other guy that ran the game basically had a kill everything set up that got old very quickly.

One question I will raise. In games players always want to be the hero and have the happy ending. When GMing do you write for that, ie happy hugs all round, or do you go for a more true out come. As an example, in the Cyberpunk game I ran the players were tools for the mob and worthless. Their goal was to survive through being socially savvy and knowing when to run away (something my society of 15 has trouble with at times). Some of the players didn't like the ending where they ended up not as the heros of the world with the tits and blowjob train their personal transport. Instead they found themselves no longer owing the mob but now part of another organisation which sought to bring their former bosses down. Was I being a dick or where they having sandy Vjs for not getting to to be the hero.
  • Has anyone actually successfully played a (fun) game of Rifts? I once read through the book and was incredibly intrigued.
  • Last week I made someone cry in our game. The character they were playing was a real jerk. I mean they RPed it well cause no one like that character. They had a chance to help members of the team but just let someone almost die. They just were no fun to be around. We ask our friend to please tone it down a bit, or we may have to take matters into our own hands. Well I did. I ended up using my telepathy to make his character fall in love with me. And then I threatened to leave him if he did not start being more of a team player .
  • edited August 2011
    Last week I made someone cry in our game.
    You need a new group. Seriously, WTF.

Wait, unless you mean the character cried 'cause of a clever trick. Never mind, then.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Every experience I've ever had playing a tabletop RPG has been absolute shit. I'm not knocking the genre, as I've read plenty of source books and have been impressed by systems, etc., but I just know the handful of people who have GMed games I've sat down in were the bottom of the barrel. Actual stories to follow.
  • I have a couple of old stories to tell.

One of my friends outside the FRC has done a lot of GMing for our mutual circle of friends, and absolutely loves coming up with and playtesting custom content. Our longest-running campaign (we never finish anything) had a "God DAMMIT, Players" moment a few sessions into it, in which an old war hero NPC attempts to sacrifice herself to save our characters from a group of military security drones while we're escaping a research facility. One of our players decided she would have NONE of this and pulled out a puzzleball artifact she had found earlier that very session. The DM rolls on their chart aaand... the room the NPC is holding the drones off in is suddenly sealed with a magic wall and filled with roaring flames. When the wall comes down, the NPC is unhurt and all but one of the drones were down. Another character's turn arrives, and it's our mech-suited engineer, who revs his engine, charges the remaining drone, and unleashes an arm-sacrificing punch attack. Critical hit. The DM wanted to sacrifice an NPC to save the players, and the players said no.

The DM ended that session by saying "God dammit, you guys, now I have to rethink where this campaign is going to go from here." DnD is a hell of a drug game.
  • Every experience I've ever had playing a tabletop RPG has been absolute shit. I'm not knocking the genre, as I've read plenty of source books and have been impressed by systems, etc., but I just know the handful of people who have GMed games I've sat down in were the bottom of the barrel. Actual stories to follow.
    You're going to play something good at PAX if I have anything to say about it.
    You're going to play something good at PAX if I have anything to say about it.
    I'm down, let me know what you have in mind. Getting a demo from Luke has always been on my PAX list (I've read the Burning Wheel books, but nobody else ever wanted to do the demo so I chose the social path instead)
  • My groups have mostly stuck to D&D; and similar games (Pathfinder). In the last couple years, I've been really pushing for some different things, though. I have just been hitting system fatigue to the point of not enjoying d20. I've managed to convince them to try out The Dresden Files RPG, Don't Rest Your Head, Fiasco, Shadowrun 4e and we are getting ready to start a new game of ICONS. I also picked up a bunch of new games at GenCon this year that I want to find time for between sessions of Pathfinder.
    One question I will raise. In games players always want to be the hero and have the happy ending. When GMing do you write for that, ie happy hugs all round, or do you go for a more true out come. As an example, in the Cyberpunk game I ran the players were tools for the mob and worthless. Their goal was to survive through being socially savvy and knowing when to run away (something my society of 15 has trouble with at times). Some of the players didn't like the ending where they ended up not as the heros of the world with the tits and blowjob train their personal transport. Instead they found themselves no longer owing the mob but now part of another organisation which sought to bring their former bosses down. Was I being a dick or where they having sandy Vjs for not getting to to be the hero.
    Nah. I actually prefer non-heroic things. Sure, it is cool and all to go up against the Epic Evil and come out as the savior of the world. That said, it is also cool to wake up and hit the snooze button because you are going to probably die today during whatever job you are pulling to help pay the bills. Not everyone enjoys it but I would definitely say that it is a legit way to go with your story. For example: This year at GenCon, I played a game of Remember Tomorrow where none of the characters were the best in the world and mostly they were mercs or people on corporate/government payroll out for themselves. My character ended up shooting another character's apartment to hell because he was on a deadline and needed that character's flash drive. Once the job was done, I was back at my desk the next morning. Good times.
  • Here's a summary of one of the sessions from my Burning THAC0 (D&D in Burning Wheel) game. It was a one-off adventure because we didn't have the full party assembled.

The Burning THAC0 Holiday Special

Note: This interlude is in no way canon. Also, I apologize profusely to Dr. Seuss, C.S. Lewis, Clement Clarke Moore and/or Henry Livingston Jr, Jean Shepherd, you the reader, Luke Crane, and God. There's no turning back now. Abandon all hope ye who enter here. Also, I know the meter is uneven - I wrote this quickly and didn't edit it. Deal with it.

Gather 'round children, and listen ye well,
    For I have a tale most dire to tell.
    'Tis a tale of loss, of sorrow and death,
    A tale of struggle and ceasing of breath.
    Close now the door and huddle together,
    Or you will freeze, and be lost forever.

Is the door now closed? Is it sealed quite tight?
    Ha! You've been had! There's no death here tonight!

But stay here yet, children, or you will be remiss,
    For you will miss the tale of the Grink, and Tormsmas:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

'Twas the night before Tormsmas, and all through Suzail,
    Not a beast was invading; they knew it would fail!
    Purple Dragons, stoic, stern, atop the walls stood;
    They would beat back any orc, back to the King's Wood!

In the city square bright, kids danced and spun fast;
    They leapt in the air, and left their fears in the past.
    Heavy with glass and silk, tree limbs did bow to ground,
    And to Torm give praise, for his blessings did abound!

And then all at once, without warning or clatter,
    The snowfall did stop, and the ornaments shatter!
    Presents burst open, fire burned them all!
    And all 'round Suzail, a deathly silence did fall.

"Hark! Hear that, Godrick and Bevin?
    Hark! Hear that, Curil and Nevyn?
    'Tis the sound of despair, a sound you cannot miss,
    And it has come to this place, to ruin Tormsmas!
    We cannot let this stand! We've a duty to uphold:
    To take back our gifts, and to secure us some gold!"

"To the library," cried Curil! "That place of books,
    To find a place of power, where gather these crooks!"
    "I know a tale quite old," said Godrick, "Of an orc,
    His Hate - three sizes too large - and his tongue, the fork.
    He bound spirits to his will, and kept them trapped tight;
    Up atop a mountain, he cast eternal night."

"Aha!" cried Curil. "I've found then the name;
    Narnia the mountain is called, a place of some fame."
    "Aha!" cried Nevyn. "I know then the spirit bound;
    Saint Gustav, the spirit of Giving, is there found.
    Half his body a beautiful sight to behold;
    The other half flensed, and a hand with talons cold.
    He received life from Torm; Giving, his cause to serve.
    So then on Tormsmas, he gives just what you deserve."

"Well, I want a new bow" Godrick cried, "One lighter,
    Perhaps that shiny new model named Red Rider."
    "I want shiny gifts," cried Bevin, "cookies galore;
    To get all that is mine, and then still more, more, more!"
    Nevyn looked grim. "I care not for any of that;
    I'll kill this bitch, and from his skin I'll make a hat."
    Curil smirked then. "Enough! Let us not speak more in code;
    If Gustav we free, much from the Church will be owed!"

"It's settled then," cried Bevin. "To the church we go!"
    To the temple they walked, rapped on the door: "What ho!"
    Came back the cry, "Bah! Go away! Did you not hear?
    Tormsmas is cancelled, cancelled! so leave for this year!"
    "Good sir," cooed Bevin, her bosom heaving and white,
    "Is there no way we can see the High Priest this night?"
    The old man stared openly, spoke he not a word.
    Then said, "For you, my pretty, I'd do things absurd!"

To the office they marched, and the High Priest they went.
    The man stood, scowled at a tree with limbs not bent.
    His presents gone, his glass empty of libation,
    And the priest standing there, full of consternation.
    "What would you have of me tonight?" at them he barked.
    "Sir, we'd like your help before adventure we embarked.
    Saint Gustav is trapped, but fear not, for we know where;
    And if your coffers prove deep, we'll get him from there."
    The High Priest looked shocked, offended, taken aback.
    Then his face went soft; on the table appeared a coin stack.
    "Go you all now, go to this place,
    And come not back till Gustav you've faced."

To the base of Mount Narnia our party did ride,
    And with them took a drunk, who claimed to be a guide.
    "I know thish mountain like the backa my 'and;
    Just turn -" and passed he then out, his limbs out fanned.
    Falcon's Skin and star's wisdom the party did use,
    But lost they still got; a blizzard would them abuse.
    Godrick thought quick! A warm fire he built there;
    Curil helped too, and together beat freezing air.
    There was frostbite that morn, for Curil and Godrick;
    But poor drunk was near death, his skin cold like a brick.
    "'Tis a Tormsmas miracle this man now needs;
    We cannot tarry, lest his death mar our good deeds."

To the summit they climbed, a smooth flat plane of stone;
    There in a circle inscribed, St. Gustav's light shone.
    In front stood an orc, a beast made largely of stink,
    And said he, "You! Stop there! For it is I, the Grink!
    You dance your merry dance, and I watch from on high,
    Seething and loathing, as your joy I do espy.
    I've bound your St. Gustav, your holiday banished!
    And I will see to it that of joy you stay famished!"

Gustav plead to the heroes, words they could not miss:
    "He must repent - kill him not - lest we lose Tormsmas!"
    The heroes looked worried, racked their brains, and were spent.
    "Give us back Gustav, and we'll give you a present!"
    The orc spat; a flash of smoke and fire burst forth!
    "A demon's Will I have called; you should head back north.
    For no gift nor song will quell my hate - 'tis my drug;
    I've never felt love, nor joy, not even a hug."

Godrick saw hurt in the orc's eyes, message well sent;
    "I too," said he, "know the sting of being different."
    "And I too," cried Curil! "My love is thought a crime,
    Simply because it is with men I spend my time."
    Bevin walked forth, from her bag a cookie produced;
    "A frosted gauntlet; eat, and Hate will be reduced!"
    The orc looked hesitant, but the treat he did eat,
    And its sweetness did nearly take him off his feet.

His Hate grew six times less, though stayed considerable,
    For the life of the orc is always miserable.
    "I've been wrong, judging Torsmas without trying it;
    I see there is more to be had; my heart's alit!
    Saint Gustav, I free you from this pact that we've had;
    Please bring back Tormsmas; it's not really all that bad!"

Saint Gustav then walked forth, the motley crew he spied;
    "I'm proud of you all; honest tactics have been tried.
    You've all learned that Tormsmas is more than just a gift;
    It's about all those things which do our spirits lift!
    "
    "I still want a hat of his skin," Nevyn did aver.
    "Do that, and I'll see to it you get what you deserve."

Nevyn stepped back, then paused, and stepped forward again.
    "We need a miracle; save this man from cold's end!"
    Gustav smiled, and reached down his hand; touched the drunk,
    And light did spread down to his limbs, flowed through his trunk.
    The man stood up, patted himself down, and grinned wide:
    "'A Tormsmas miracle! Zounds! No more your joy hide!"

They turned to descend the mount, hearts bursting with glee.
    "Merry Tormsmas to all, merry Tormsmas to ye!"
    And with that Gustav burst into light, down the mount sped,
    And into every home and every city did spread.
    Ornaments reformed, fires lit themselves again.
    Snow fell again, and singing turned into a din!

The Grink looked 'round, smiling, as he did descend:
    "Can I get more cookies before Tormsmas does end?"
    The group laughed mightily, and they patted his back.
    "Friend, we'll see to it you get a whole, bulging sack!"

And to this day, every Tormsmas eve, look on high;
    To the top of Narnia, and watch light from the sky!
    Leave cookies at the foot, a great act of giving;
    For the joy of Tormsmas should go to all things living.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And now, children, my tale is at an end,
    But take from it this: treat all things as friend.
    Go with love and kindness, no matter the cause you may serve,
    Because every year at Tormsmas, we get what we deserve.

~Fin~
  • I've recently started a Pathfinder "Kingmaker" adventure path game. The campaign is structured, but is fairly similar in practice to what my old campaigns were like in highschool. Basically, it's a sandbox adventure. The characters are plunked down in some hole in the wall together, and they are basically left to their own devices to decide what they are going to do. If you go back to reading some the of mid 1970's campaign logs (http://www.risusmonkey.com/2011/06/ryth-chronicle-1975-1977.html for example) you can sort of see the structure. You are poor, with no prospects, but you have a sword and you're competent enough with it. Do what you will with that. And once you get to a certain point in the adventure path, you start having some prospects. You can build a town, a fort, a trading post, or what-have-you and claim a little piece of the wilderness for yourself. We are running monthly, so the pace is going to be pretty slow, so I built a simple campaign website to keep track of things. It seems they are genuinely enjoying this more than a lot of my other previous games, so it's going well. It was also a nice change from 4e which felt very... hollow... after a while.
  • Wow, this thread happened at the perfect time! Nerd NYC's recess is coming up, and I had an absurd idea that I think may get some attention: Catan the RPG. I don't know what the game would involve other than having the board used as a literal map, and possibly having each player act as some influential role (Robber, Explorer, Mayor, Merchant). If anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears.
  • edited August 2011
    Make it a LARP
    Post edited by Matt on
  • Tonights Burning Wheel session showed why magic in burning wheel is amazing.

Sorcerer tried to burn forest down, because Holy Knights believed it was full of demonic wolfs. Spellcasting fails and instead of the forest burning all the Holy Knights and their horses who were there protecting the sorcerer now are permanently electric.

Knights has a argument was it some kind of blessing from gods or some kind of curse. Also player character Holy Knight wasn't riding on his own horse. Might be interesting to explain when returning the horse why it gives it's rider electric shocks.
  • I've been playing Pathfinder with my roommate as a DM. Our group of misfits is running about on a quest to defeat an evil god trying to break free, running around slaughtering his missionaries.

Our last session consisted of no combat - It was glorious! All storytelling and attempted persuasion of NPC's to free their Kobold slaves by our party's resident Kobold Sorcerer/Rogue.

Good times.
  • Tonights Burning Wheel session showed why magic in burning wheel is amazing.

Sorcerer tried to burn forest down, because Holy Knights believed it was full of demonic wolfs. Spellcasting fails and instead of the forest burning all the Holy Knights and their horses who were there protecting the sorcerer now are permanently electric.

Knights has a argument was it some kind of blessing from gods or some kind of curse. Also player character Holy Knight wasn't riding on his own horse. Might be interesting to explain when returning the horse why it gives it's rider electric shocks.
    I really do love that sytem. Wheel of magic, turn, turn, turn, show us what crazy stuff we are about to learn.
  • I really do love that sytem. Wheel of magic, turn, turn, turn, show us what crazy stuff we are about to learn.
    "OK, so you got....Personal, Natural Effect, Arcana, Destroy, Permanent. Congratulations, you are now a permanent anti-magic field. Have fun, sorcerer."
  • I really do love that sytem. Wheel of magic, turn, turn, turn, show us what crazy stuff we are about to learn.
    "OK, so you got....Personal, Natural Effect, Arcana, Destroy, Permanent. Congratulations, you are now a permanent anti-magic field. Have fun, sorcerer."
    Not as hilarious as "Your Delirium Tremons just turned into a city-sized lightning storm and starts leveling buildings."
  • Conflagration Con (Glasgow University) was this weekend and I was in two one-offs, One Star Wars and the other TORG.

Now Star Wars (It was Saga version) was awesome because we were storm troopers and we were basically hunting Ewoks. I was, in short, the TF2 Sniper and the Bringer of Darkness of all Space Teddiebears.
    In the space of a four hour session I blew the head clean off one Ewok, mowed down a swarm of them with a sniper riffle and threw the holy hand grenade of the empire that blew up the greater majority of the last encounter's worth of the bastards.

Oh and someone critically pressed a button. Yes they did roll for it, and yes they nat. 20'd it.

TORG on the other hand was kneecapped by the fact that we ended up playing a low encounter game as the game is more focused on basically getting buffs and de-buffs (In the form of cards) by out-preforming your opponent in battle (IE: Taunting them to submission, out witting them, etc. You're encouraged to describe what you do). So the single encounter (Being a damn of Ninjas on top of BBC Television Centre) took a solid 30 minutes to get anywhere with everyone having three cards to their name.
    Also sort of sour that my attempt to recreate The Big O's sudden impact with a shotgun fell through even though I de-buffed that ninja something silly too.
  • Played and playtested friends rpg system for myth and fairy-tale style stories and it was awesome.

I played Knight, who wanted to defeat the Demon. Second player took the Demon as his character and Demons goal was to get chili peppers. From there we got epic fantasy adventure where Knight fought against the Demon and later made some deals with it. Demon initially had troubles with his servants, but in the end managed to get pretty much everything he asked and wanted. Knight got to defeat the Demon, but only it's body and Devils soul entered and possessed the Knight who had slowly fallen from honorable Knight in shining armor to a dirty Knight only in name who tried to steal chili peppers and used demonic Sword.

There was also everything else that a big adventure needs, Dwarfs, Machine (that always asked Dwarfs to use it.), Golem, Little Devil, Alchemist, and many other characters.
  • Played Black Crusade last weekend after playing Warhammer 40k for the first time. We all made random characters with the handy charts the book has for making characters. I can't really describe it any better than the character sheet, so I'm gonna type up the important bits.

Name: Felatia Brokenback the Arch-Dominator, Mortal Woman
    Stats: Fellowship - 76
    Trait: Attractive
    Pride: Beauty
    Hate: Ugly
    Alignment: Slaanesh
    Reward of Slaanesh: Choose gender as a free action
    Traits:Seduce
    Melee Weapon: Neural Whip - covered in Slaaneshi runes, target must pass a very hard toughness test or be enraptured with pleasure
    Armor: Xenomesh Leather Hide - skin tight leather all over
    A Retribution Class Battlecruiser, Pre-Heresy: crewed by 50% Slaaneshi cultists and Daemonettes
    And utterly addicted to gloam (ground up entrails of people mid-coitus).

We took nearly 2 hours to run the 45 min campaign included in the book because our strategy of fucking then murdering/burninating everything (the only spaceport on the planet) wasn't according to plan.
  • I played a game of In a Wicked Age yesterday and it was pretty good. It was the first time we'd tried out the system.

One player picked an innkeeper who routinely killed his guests and the other played a spirit who was bound to a wizard.

The innkeeper had a wife who was cursed to be a gollum-like eater of flesh. She mainly wanted her husband all for herself and for him to be rid of his gang.

The innkeeper wanted the amulet from the wizard to help him transform his wife back.

The innkeeper's gang was not present but one of his underlings wanted the wizard to assist him in taking the gang for himself.

The Spirit player wanted the amulet destroyed and the wizard to renounce sorcery. And the wizard wanted nothing more than to be rid of the spirit that plagued him.

In the end the wizard burned down the inn and was attacked and killed by the innkeepers decrepit wife. The innkeeper killed his insubordinate gang member over the wizard's magic amulet but was unable to stop his wife from destroying it, the very amulet that would save her.

The spirit escaped with the wizard dead and the innkeeper was left with no inn and a twisted wretch of a wife in tears.

Next session the spirit will be one of the protagonists, the innkeeper may appear in the session after that. We might see what he did next or what he was like before he died.

One thing we struggled with though was a contest to get something.

So we've got a magic amulet which both my wretched hag and the player's innkeeper wanted. I described the hag taking and holding it first. The player wanted it and was prepared to wrestle for it.

The player won and suggested that he'd get it. I said no, my hag was still going to keep it but was now impaired. The player gave her exhaustion. I made that choice because I wanted to test the relationship between the character and his monstrous spouse.

But if the player had described him getting it first and I wanted it off him and then I'd lost would I be able to use the same logic as above? I guess not. So it looks like it's important to grab early.

What would the situation be like if the wrestling happened before the amulet got grabbed? Should this have been how this kind of situation be best handled?
  • I haven't read the rules to the Wicked Age and I'm not sure how it exactly works, but if situation is something like this.
    A: "I grab the amulet."
    B: "I too try to grab the amulet."
    Then it's contest to see who took it first. But if it's:
    A: "I grab the amulet."
    B: "I try to get the amulet from you."
    It's contest if B can take the amulet from A.

Difference isn't big, but it's there. In the first case the contest is about "Who gets the amulet?" and in the second case it's "Does B get the amulet from A?"
  • Wicked Age specifically gives you a stick to negotiate the result. If the in-fiction result that the winner suggests is not acceptable the loser can choose to be hurt instead. I did that here as I wanted to see if the guy would beat his practically disabled wife down so he could lift the curse on her later.

I'm a mean GM sometimes.
  • I'm a mean GM sometimes.
    I strongly believe that every GM should be a little bit sadistic towards the characters every now and then.

• So, last month, I started DMing a Pathfinder game. Except it's a little different. It takes place in the Zelda Universe.

2000 years after the defeat of Ganon in Ocarina of Time, the world has been flooded over. But the Hero of the Winds never showed up (as noted by the fact that we're 2000 years into the future instead of 200). Ganon's plans have finally begun to mobilize, and the world is in danger. The Goddesses have chosen three heroes to begin a new quest (my players) and help save the world.

Our party is:
    Hylian Artificer - Snyder
    Rito Fighter/Oracle - Qaltin
    Zora Bard - Aria (although she has a male split personality named Maestro)
  • I'm starting up a BW campaign for a couple of my friends. Here is what I've told them so far so they can start thinking about characters.

Premise
    The land of Khullis is based on the Germanic lands of the 12th century. Imagine dense forests and towering mountain ranges. It’s cold, really fucking cold. Your party will serve the one true Church in eliminating heretics and apostates from the land. You are to be demon hunters in a grim dark version of the medieval ages, pious and loyal. However, you must prepare yourself to be tested, both physically and faithfully...

What everyone knows
    The rich are very rich, and the poor are extremely poor. Most people live in small clusters of villages with no central government. The one source of law is the Ecclesiastic Courts, the religious police branch of the one, true Church. Hundreds of years ago, a previously unknown Church rose from obscurity and united the lands under a sole theocratic rule from the splintered pagan and druid cults of the elders. Wandering clerics travel between villages and dispense justice at their will.

Beyond contact with the clerics, most people, save for the nobility of the grasslands, have very little contact with the Church. Similarly, they come to know very little about the mysterious group. Life is harsh for most, and those can survive barely make it. The vast majority of people die just 100 yards from the place where they were born.

Fate has brought you to the village of Uulm. Uulm is located within the Tulga forest, an extremely dense old growth forest consisting massively large conifers such as redwoods and pine. Travel through the Tulga is near impossible without a guide and many fool hearty men vanish within the woods. The summers are mild and the winters bitterly cold. Uulm is an oasis of warmth and light from the darkness of the forest. The Yaul is one of two connecting routes between the two regions of Khullis.
  • A friend of mine is thinking of running a WoD game where we play one of the cells from Helising. It sounds interesting and is more of test for him GMing. Im also in a killer game of Iorn Kingdoms whe I play Carl Lufftwood Doctor extrodianir! Im also captain of a pirate ship and on a quest to bed most of the nobility of Khardor.
  • We have been playing Mouse Guard and tonight we had a great session. Just a quick bit of background first, we were tasked with escorting a couple of mice to Grasslake and also checking on the scent boarder there. Well to cut a long story short, those mice are dead and the scent boarder is unfinished.

We found out this was because an anti-Mouse Guard coup had taken place in Grasslake, where the new mayor had killed or put in prison any Mouse Guard that had come to town. He had also kept all the supplies for putting in place the scent boarder.

Tonight we headed back to Wolfpoint to go for some reinforcements to help us a)rescue our captive friend b)get the stuff back c)overthrow the mayor. Instead when we got to Wolfpoint we heard there was a nearby badger. So instead we lured the badger to Grasslake where it reaked havoc, which we used as a distraction to achieve our goals. I think we just commited a warcrime.