This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Does Anybody here have a DeviantArt account?

edited September 2011 in Art!
Hi all, this is a terrible first post. I'm just curious to know if anybody has a DeviantArt account where we can all see your stuff. :)

Comments

• Hey little nooblet! It's a fine first post. Many of us do have DA accounts. Previously, I would have referred you to the IDShare, but it's be kinda crap for a while.

My deviant art account is "SonicDH".
  • Willkommen Mr?Ms? Parker.
  • Yes, I do. Gomidog. Don't post there a lot and am not very involved with the community. Tend to spend more of my time on 3D specific sites these days, because they give better feedback.
  • Mr, I am! I'll identify meself in a moment, in the identify yourself thread. And gomidog, I already have been to yours! :P
  • Are you allowed to get a deviantart account if you suck at arts? If I post really crappy drawings, will they kick me out?
  • You don't even have to post any arts. I've got one with no arts on it just so I can look at the risque stuff.
  • Are you allowed to get a deviantart account if you suck at arts? If I post really crappy drawings, will they kick me out?
    Does Youtube stop you from making an account of you suck at videos?
  • Haha, nah you can have an account with no art at all, great art, crappy art. It's all good.
    Does Youtube stop you from making an account of you suck at videos?
    No, but Deviant Art has actual human-powered moderation and such. YouTube is a cold unthinking machine.
  • My account. I barely post there, but I'm trying to post more nowadays what with art class.
  • Honestly Scott, I think you could put up a picture of a poop and call it art. Hell, go all the way for ten poops.
  • Six geopoops can't loose.
  • but Deviant Art has actual human-powered moderation and such
    AAAahahahahahahahaha... Oh, that's rich.

No, DA doesn't give a shit about quality. The shitty Sprite Comics I used to have up there are proof enough of that.
    AFAIK they wont kick you out for making bad art. It's not like you'll be forcing it on people, as very few will see it unless you push it on them, or is of high quality. The picture will, as I understand it, appear for a few seconds on the front page, in the stream of "new deviations". Alternatively whenever someone searches for whatever keywords you've associated with the picture. It is entirely possible that a new picture is submitted and no one ever views it outside of the thumbnail.

As for "forcing" it on people, you can join some group or another, and request that they add it to the group gallery, of which people can again subscribe to.

I haven't been an active member in DeviantArt, except for an account I used to add favorites, and follow some artists. A couple of days ago I did make a new account though, partially to get push down some fanfic on there called "Agnara,the fat giantess", which is also the first hit on google for "Agnara" >.> -and of course to post whatever I might make from now on.

As of right now there's only one interesting picture on it though, which became my Steam (and frc) avatar, after having no avatar for many years.

Obligatory link to picture in question
  • I'm Starlightv. I rarely post anything.
  • Honestly...
    I've got one with no arts on it just so I can look at the risque stuff.
  • AFAIK they wont kick you out for making bad art.
    If they did, they'd have kicked me out by now.
  • I'm on there as monshogaku. Mostly just some crappy short stories, but hey, might as well post them.
  • edited November 2011
    I have one. Look for SakiHashimoto
    Post edited by AndouReiya on
  • edited December 2011
    Also, I have a deviant art account for my studio. You can see renders and in progress concept art.
    http://musegames.deviantart.com/
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Not my DA account, but one that I follow: Orioto

I was going to create a new thread for video game art, but I erred on the side of caution.

Seriously though, he makes some of my favorite video game arts.

http://orioto.deviantart.com/#/d5goyn9

• Flamedarkfire for me. Be warned I've got a lot of bondage-related favorite deviations.
  • I don't think there is a DeviantArt profile out there that doesn't, Jack.
  • I don't think there is a DeviantArt profile out there that doesn't, Jack.
    Rather warn someone before they come crying about their innocence being stolen :p
  • I don't upload often enough, but I am getting back into it. http://tamasan.deviantart.com/
  • I also have a DeviantArt profile under the same username. I don't upload too frequently, but there's a couple of drawings.
  • DA seems to increasingly be subsumed by tumblr.
  • Rym said:

DA seems to increasingly be subsumed by tumblr.

I think its the other way around