This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Do You Make These Mistakes When You Write?

Comments

• We should just integrate those into a quiz as part of the application to join the forum.
  • Heck, you should make us take some kind of test. I'm not into my junior year and I know most of those.
  • Me think their lose examples. I would of passed that test when signing up. Dont start it.
  • Me think their lose examples. I would of passed that test when signing up. Dont start it.

It took me a second to understand that.
  • One thing that took me forever to get was passive tense. When writing professionally it's a big no-no.
  • Well, I'm probably guilty of most if not some, but to my lame defense Spanish is my native language
  • We should just integrate those into a quiz as part of the application to join the forum.

There are some fer'ners who've really benefited from this forum's linguistic example. I'm quite proud of chrono, to be perfectly honest.
  • edited June 2007
    I knew all of those, and yet English is my worst subject.  Go figure.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I don't think I make any of those mistakes.
  • I knew all of those,and yet English is my worst subject. Go figure.

Oh God, the irony.
  • edited June 2007
    NO MY EMPIRE!!!!
    Post edited by m16 elitest on
  • Oh well I still didn't make any of those mistakes. =D
  • I can't say I ever pay much attention to #3, the "wrong" way is so common that if you look at standard English from a descriptive rather than a proscriptive standpoint I'm not sure which way the rule should go.

As for #7, I think I'm the only person I know who regularly writes out "could've." Lots of people contract things heavily when using instant messaging, and to play with that I'll frequently contract things heavily like I was speaking, but still write them out properly.