This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Movember: Grow your hair for cancer! aka Beard Wars!

Comments

• Ok, so I'm starting to get into the zone where the mo hairs are going over the lip and eventually into the mouth. What do I do about this? I don't want to cut or trim anything so to have the biggest and manliest beard that is guaranteed to come naturally and be better than all of yours. I try combing them to point sideways, but they fall down again and go every which way.
    It's pretty simple - since it's probably not quite long enough to style with product yet, even if you want to, just grab a pair of scissors, and trim down the lip line, just enough that they're not curling into your gob, but not so much that it's taking a huge chunk out of it. It won't affect the beard much - your mo will get thicker either way, and I doubt you want to be eating mo-hairs with every meal - and it's a simple, quick solution.

• I could shave today and not shave for the rest of the month, but probably won't grow a beard. One month is just not enough for my facial hair. I'm not sure if any amount of time is.
  • I've shaved, LETS DO THIS!!!!!
  • Not shaving. Don't give a fuck about a beard war, just want to help raise cancer awareness.
  • Shaved yesterday for my costume, I'm gonna probably not shave my mustache like I normally do for the rest of the month.
  • Let's no hige!
  • Cat!
    I won't be joining you, my facial hair likes to get stuck at peach fuzz and then looks terrible forever. I will, however, be watching to see just how badly Scott loses at having the manliest moustache.
  • Let's no hige!
    With your face shaved and your hair up, with a button down shirt on, you look kinda like that awesome super-friendly teacher in high school who is totally chill, and everybody loves, but still learns a ton of stuff from.

• I'm pretty sure I can almost use this same picture at the end of the month, but what can I lose by doing this?

• Let's no hige!
    With your face shaved and your hair up, with a button down shirt on, you look kinda like that awesome super-friendly teacher in high school who is totally chill, and everybody loves, but still learns a ton of stuff from.

You look like a high schooler to me. So young!
  • DAMN IT VANILLA, I READ THIS POST ALREADY!!!!!
  • edited November 2011
    Update

Post edited by Jason on
  • Jason, I think you were supposed to shave yesterday.
  • Jason looks a little like Ricky Gervais.
  • edited November 2011

FYI: I shaved this morning.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I still stick with my original statement of saying you look better with just stubble.
  • edited November 2011
    You know, that image actually backs up my opinion. You have a young looking face, so the the top half looks a bit off with the beard on the bottom.

So with Dexter being a young boy and having a beard and mustache, it doesn't go together.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Sonic, you really know how to win a guy's heart. WHY DON'T YOU JUST SAY I LOOK LIKE FAT BRANDO ON HIS DEATH BED?
  • Sonic, you really know how to win a guy's heart. WHY DON'T YOU JUST SAY I LOOK LIKE FAT BRANDO ON HIS DEATH BED?
    Honestly, you look quite father-ish. But not in a bad way, more like in the way that there's that occasional dad that picks the kids up from school and gives all the soccer mums leaning-on-the-washing-machine fantasies.

Andrew looks pretty goddamn suave himself, like an educated young professional who is sought after by half of accounting and all of the secretary pool. Also, a bit like Will Wheaton, but more streamlined, because will wheaton has a face like a fuckin' haribo.

Honestly, you look quite father-ish. But not in a bad way, more like in the way that there's that occasional dad that picks the kids up from school and gives all the soccer mums leaning-on-the-washing-machine fantasies.
    I wish Jason my dad. If Jason was my dad, things would be different around here.

• edited November 2011
    Sonic, you really know how to win a guy's heart. WHY DON'T YOU JUST SAY I LOOK LIKE FAT BRANDO ON HIS DEATH BED?
    I think you look like George Clooney. Who, for the record, is hot.

Post edited by Nuri on
  • Stop feeding his ego! It's bigger than his own chin! We must not let it get larger.

• Now that's more like it. I would have also accepted comparisons to a young Harrison Ford or a mid-life Brad Pitt.
  • Now that's more like it. I would have also accepted comparisons to a young Harrison Ford or a mid-life Brad Pitt.
    Actually, both are surprisingly accurate.

I still say you look like Bruce Campbell.

I still say you look like Bruce Campbell.

Chin not pointy enough.

• I have a beardmergency. Just looked in the mirror and notice there is a spot on the left of my face where there are no hairs coming out. Y U NO GROW?
  • I have a beardmergency. Just looked in the mirror and notice there is a spot on the left of my face where there are no hairs coming out. Y U NO GROW?
    Forgotten scar? Acne scar maybe?
    Actually, both are surprisingly accurate.

It's true, Jason is one George clooney lookin' motherfucker.