This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Delicious Noms of Your Day

123457»

Comments

• While I've had feta with pizza, pitas, and the like, I finally discovered the deliciousness of goat cheese.

I bought a 3 pack of MontChevre from TJ's. I will have to try more, but in moderation. Lots of moderation.
  • Grilled turkey/swiss/baby-spinache/red-onion on white and a pear.
  • Grazing on some generic triscuits. They're aren't bad can't tell any difference from the name brand.
  • I made Pork Enchiladas with Boston Butt I bought at my Farmer's Market. They were really, REALLY good. Sat in a crockpot for 8 hours with a rub of Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Goya Seasoning, Cayenne Pepper and Ancho Chili Powder + incredibly thin cut onions that melt.
    Hey, can you hook me up with how to do this in an oven in a roasting dish? There's no real Mexican food here, and I would dropkick a baby for some decent al Pastor.
  • edited March 2012
    My dinner today is a spinach with mixed greens salad with a pear vinaigrette dressing along with German brochen (rolls) with a braunschweiger spread and paired with Cahill's Porter Irish cheddar cheese with porter.

It's really rich, but oh so delicious.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • The food highlights of my trip to Austin, TX.

This was West Indian French Toast I got at a Indian Food/Fancy Wine + Beer Store known as "The Whip-In." Coated with sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom and made with a tamarind sauce, with a thick slab of bacon and orange slices.

Went to Torchy's Tacos the day before, getting 3 Tacos. This one was known as "Mr. Pink" = Guajillo seared Ahi Tuna with cabbage fresca, cilantro, queso fresco, lime, and chipotle sauce.

These other two tacos are simply a Chorizo, Egg, and Cheese that I doused with Roja Sauce (Roma tomatoes, chilies, onions, garlic, peppers). The other is known as the "Trailer Park, Trashy Style" with Fried Chicken, green chilies, cheese sauce, cheese, pico de gallo, and a poblano ranch sauce.

The final one is probably the best one I've ever had, a Llano Poblano Burger from HopDoddy. Fresh brioche bun with Angus Beef, Pepper Jack, apple-smoked bacon, roasted poblano chilies, and mayo, severed with kennebec fries with chipotle ketchup.

I can see why Austin is becoming one of the food capitals for the United States. Also, Maine Root soda is absolutely delicious. From their Root Beer, to Black Cherry, Vanilla Creme and even experimental Prickly Pink Drink.
  • edited July 2012
    So I just tried this: Komforte Chocolates Savory Ramen chocolate.
    Crunchy ramen noodle, onion, garlic, and soy sauce flavors blended into premium 53% dark chocolate.
    I have to say, it's pretty delicious. Never thought this combination would ever work. I'll have to pick up the apple pie one next. They an assorted variety of different flavors. I've tried the tortilla lime & salt one as well. It's good.

• From the garden:
  • Steak & lobster.
  • My wife made me a vegan cheesecake. I am not sure how close it is to real cheesecake as I never had that before becoming a vegan but the one she made was quite good.
  • edited August 2012
    Had sushi over the weekend and had the most delicious roll. The Sophia roll: tuna, salmon, red snapper, crabmeat, in cucumber with kaiware (shredded radish), and special sauce topped with various colors of roe.

It was delicious.
  • DAT ROLL
  • One thing I like about Seattle is they have some pretty good sushi for very reasonable prices.
  • RymRym
    edited August 2012
    What follows is not a beer menu... it is a cookie menu.
    From Web Shots
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited August 2012
    Spent grain cookies!!
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Had sushi over the weekend and had the most delicious roll. The Sophia roll: tuna, salmon, red snapper, crabmeat, in cucumber with kaiware (shredded radish), and special sauce topped with various colors of roe.

It was delicious.
    Ro eating Roe. Oh no!
  • edited August 2012
    Had sushi over the weekend and had the most delicious roll. The Sophia roll: tuna, salmon, red snapper, crabmeat, in cucumber with kaiware (shredded radish), and special sauce topped with various colors of roe.

It was delicious.
    Ro eating Roe. Oh no! Ruh Roh!
    Fixed.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on

• Ro eating Roe. Oh no!

Ro eating Roe. Oh no! Ruh Roh!
    Fixed.

I lol'd. Loudly.
  • edited August 2012
    Here is a better image of the entire Sophia Roll.

I've been thinking about this all day. I'm going to get one after work for dinner along with chicken katsu don. I am excite.