This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Avengers (with spoilers)

Comments

• I think one of the things people are not catching on to is Hulk is fun with other super heroes more then super villains. Hulk as the "we have this really awesome weapon but he might also destroy us if we use him and things get out of hand" is a lot more interesting then Hulk vs random tough guy. Though I'd have to admit a Hulk movie where he beats the snot out of like 20 marvel super villains all in one movie would be pretty awesome as well.

Hulk remember...HULK REMEMBER YOU!
  • HULK NO FORGET YOU AND TIME HULK SPENT WITH YOU

DON'T FORGET HULK. HULK HEART WILL GO ON~
  • I concur. Mark Ruffalo Hulk vs. Hugh Jackman Wolverine. I don't care if FOX still has the X-Men rights. Make it so.

• I think one of the things people are not catching on to is Hulk is fun with other super heroes more then super villains. Hulk as the "we have this really awesome weapon but he might also destroy us if we use him and things get out of hand" is a lot more interesting then Hulk vs random tough guy. Though I'd have to admit a Hulk movie where he beats the snot out of like 20 marvel super villains all in one movie would be pretty awesome as well.

Might I recommend the Marvel animated Movie "Hulk Vs." (Available on Netflix streaming now.) It features Hulk beating the everliving shit out of heroes and villains alike for about an hour. Also it also features some of the best Deadpool lines ever.
    I could watch this all day.
  • In order: Yes(it's just a standard shot renamed), BLEAGH, yeah, mm not bad, only on a bet, breakfast, and it's on the list somewhere below immolate myself.
  • Apparently, Angie Harmon is demanding to be She-Hulk.
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/16/angie-harmon-she-hulk/
  • Saw Avengers again, it was just as good the second time.
  • Apparently, Angie Harmon is demanding to be She-Hulk.
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/16/angie-harmon-she-hulk/
    Not that I actually think they'll ever put She-Hulk into a movie, but there are worse choices than Angie Harmon.

• I have come to terms with being of an age at which the older, more mature ladies do it for me and the young, nubile, soft ones not so much. Scarlett Johanssen, for instance, does zero on the Jason Scale. Angie Harmon has always been very attractive. Gwyneth Paltrow in those tight little jean shorts was enough to cause drool. Julie Bowen, Kate Beckinsale, Famke Janssen -- they are all in my wheelhouse.
  • how old are you again? I don't believe she's a creepy age difference from you.
  • He's our age of 32. This is what happens when you have a baby girl! :P

Jason, what about that Kate Upton video?
  • Shut up.
  • OOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDD
  • HHHHHIIIIIIIPPPPPPSSSSSSTTTTTTEEEEEEERRRRRRR
  • HHHHHIIIIIIIPPPPPPSSSSSSTTTTTTEEEEEEERRRRRRR
    You mad.

You dad.
  • Famke Janssen is 47...She could be your mother Jason.. if she had you at 15. :-p
  • I would do things with her.
  • If she was your mom?
  • I would do things with her.
    A night at the bingo parlor, a reminiscence of ether frolics long past shared over the early bird special...~_^
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D starts September 24th. Eeeee.
  • WEeeeeeeee
  • I guess this is the best place to put this:
    So Marvel and Netflix announced that they are going to make four 13-episode series, one each for Daredevil, Like Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones, which will then be followed by a mini-series called The Defenders. This is of course attempting to make a similar scenario happen as was with The Avengers on a smaller screen: Shared universe scenario culminating in a big cross-over event.

For now, I'm kind of interested, though I don't have much exposure to any of those characters other than mostly guest spots in Spider-Man or Deadpool. Netflix has done some pretty good original programming and that gives some hope.
  • Power man and iron fist ftw
  • Luke Cage needs to be played by Terry Crews, no exceptions.
  • Will it be a shared Universe with Avengers or will it be separate because of licensing bullshit like with Spiderman and X-men?
  • edited November 2013

Will it be a shared Universe with Avengers or will it be separate because of licensing bullshit like with Spiderman and X-men?

It will apparently be shared universe. All the rights to the characters in question should still lie with Marvel, as they are neither supporting characters of Spider-man or the Fantastic Four, nor mutants. In Daredevil's case, Marvel recently reacquired the movie rights to the character (alongside other characters such as Blade and Ghost Rider). MovieBob has a good explanation of the situation.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Nukerjsr said:

Luke Cage needs to be played by Terry Crews, no exceptions.

You know who I think would be better? Isiah Mustafa. He's not quite as huge as Terry Crews, but I think he's better suited for it as an actor.
  • edited November 2013
    chaosof99 said:

All the rights to the characters in question should still lie with Marvel, as they are neither supporting characters of Spider-man or the Fantastic Four, nor mutants.

The rights should not be an issue here anyhow since Marvel has the television rights to all of their properties. That being said if they did throw in any of the Fantastic Four, the well know X-Men characters, or Spider-Man to a live-action series I could see one of the studios trying something stupid since it is tied to a film continuity.
    Post edited by canine224 on