This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Tuesday - Cards Against Humanity and Real Money Auction Houses

Comments

• I was about to rant a bunch while listening to the episode. Then the argument was redeemed.
  • Those $400 ones aren't the previous mac mini. They are the piece of shit mac mini that we had.
    I expected that much after you made your previous comment. Look what that does to muppet's argument about buying last year's model... for the price of a gaming-capable computer each.
  • American Coke tastes like shit. It always surprises me just how bad it is compared to the rest if the world. Don't tell me I can't taste the difference. I can. I'm just not going to do into the stories here.

Fuck corn syrup.

• Fuck corn syrup.
  • American Coke tastes like shit. It always surprises me just how bad it is compared to the rest if the world. Don't tell me I can't taste the difference. I can. I'm just not going to do into the stories here.
    In my experience, American Coke tastes no worse than everywhere else's Coke. The rest of the world has some kick-ass sodas that we don't get (I ordered some Mezzo Mix and just payed for shipping from Germany a few months after returning from there because I couldn't deal with not having it anymore) but Coke tastes the same.

Well, Coca Cola tastes the same. If we're going with local cola brands, I don't have a good enough memory to compare.
  • In my experience, American Coke tastes no worse than everywhere else's Coke. The rest of the world has some kick-ass sodas that we don't get (I ordered some Mezzo Mix and just payed for shipping from Germany a few months after returning from there because I couldn't deal with not having it anymore) but Coke tastes the same.

Well, Coca Cola tastes the same. If we're going with local cola brands, I don't have a good enough memory to compare.
    Depends where you go. It's a distinct flavor here, because we bottle locally and use cane sugar, like we do in most things.
  • Mexican Coke is definitely far superior, with none of the cloying acidic/bile-like aftertaste that corn syrup adds.
  • edited June 2012
    Mexican Coke is definitely far superior, with none of the cloying acidic/bile-like aftertaste that corn syrup adds.
    I don't know about that. I don't have a real problem with US-made Coke, it's just a distinct flavor. I prefer cane sugar, but I wouldn't turn down a corn-syrup coke.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I won't drink it.
  • In other news working on the show notes to increase WPM and practice Git Hubing.
  • I won't drink it.
    I didn't ask, but I'll keep that in mind.

• Mexican Coke is definitely far superior, with none of the cloying acidic/bile-like aftertaste that corn syrup adds.
    I don't know about that. I don't have a real problem with US-made Coke, it's just a distinct flavor. I prefer cane sugar, but I wouldn't turn down a corn-syrup coke.
    Agreed on all counts.
  • I prefer root beer to coke.
  • I prefer root beer to coke.
    I'm thankful that it's more of an effort and expense to get Root Beer in my country, otherwise, I'd have died by diabeetus by now.
  • I prefer saspirilla to root beer.
  • I prefer saspirilla to root beer.
    That's cool, I like Sarspirilla too.
  • edited June 2012
    Kind of late to this discussion (cause everything is blowing up the last week or so), haven't listened to the episode, this is in response to Matt mostly.

Have Cards Against Humanity and expansion. Expansion cards won't fit in original box. My setup: Expansion box holds all black cards, original box holds all white cards. It actually works perfectly.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • I won't drink it.
    I didn't ask, but I'll keep that in mind.

</blockquote

No more than anyone asked you.

• Well, Coca Cola tastes the same. If we're going with local cola brands, I don't have a good enough memory to compare.
    Thums Up (not a typo, that's actually how it's spelled) from India is kinda nasty... That's about the extent of my knowledge of local brands from foreign countries. As a kid, though, when my parents bought soda, it usually was store-brand or smaller brand stuff like Adirondack, even for colas.
  • Soda tastes different across the United States even. Also fuck sarspirilla.
  • Soda = fizzy mouth destroying sewage.

/Rubin

I will say, I don't mind soda in mixed drinks, but I would never go out of my way to drink any because I feel it doesn't quench my thirst.
  • Well no, it doesn't. Especially not with corn syrup, but in general as well. It's a diuretic and dries you out.
  • Soda = fizzy mouth destroying sewage.

/Rubin

I will say, I don't mind soda in mixed drinks, but I would never go out of my way to drink any because I feel it doesn't quench my thirst.
    I'm not quite as harsh on soda as Scott is, but I'm not a huge fan. I'll have some once in a blue moon if I'm in the mood for it for some reason, but 90% of the time I drink water, either tapped, filtered, or bottled, depending on the quality of the local water/plumbing (the water in my college dorm was nasty tasting, probably due to the plumbing, but a filter did wonders for it). The rest of the time I'll usually drink milk (1% or skim, usually with pastries and such) or 100% pure orange juice if I want something with more flavor than plain water.
  • No more than anyone asked you.
    If you want to pick a fight, pick it with someone else. I'm not fuckin' interested.

Also, I really like Thai Red Bull. It's really good.
  • Soda is a nasty habit, best not started. I got hooked as a kid.

That said, I really only buy it during summer sales. Paying more than $2.50 for a 12 pack of cans is insanity.
  • edited June 2012
    No more than anyone asked you.
    If you want to pick a fight, pick it with someone else. I'm not fuckin' interested.

Also, I really like Thai Red Bull. It's really good.
    ?? It seemed like you were spoiling for a fight to me. I made an offhand remark in line with the conversation, you took it strangely personally, despite many very similarly offhand opinions being offered by others in the same vein that you did NOT take personally.

Now I'm confused.

Post edited by muppet on
  • Now I'm confused.
    That's surprising. Must I go over the explanation again? Let's just sum it up in two words: Lurk more.
  • Now I'm confused.
    That's surprising. Must I go over the explanation again? Let's just sum it up in two words: Lurk more.
    You, I'm ignoring. Feel ignored.

• You, I'm ignoring. Feel ignored.
    Boy, I'm the only one helping you. Oh wait, you're from the US.