This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Well, That Explains Your Mom

edited July 2012 in Science
http://not-a-jerk.blogspot.com/2012/04/hips-brains-and-why-both-are-sexy.html#more

In short: women with a small waist:hip ratio (~0.7 or smaller) show significantly greater cognitive ability. Their children also have greater cognitive ability.

So there ya go. I'm not checking out your ass; I'm admiring your intellect.

Comments

• I like big butts and I can not lie.
  • You other brothers can't deny.
  • So put on a dress that barely fits.
    Now shake your ass and show me your wits.
  • So put on a dress that barely fits.
    Now shake your ass and show me your wits.
    Well played.
    And for those who don't know:

• Cosmo Kramer, the assman.
  • edited July 2012
    Cosmo Kramer, the assman.
    You wouldn't think he'd be so racist

Yo, is this racist?
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Dunno, this looks like evo psych BS to me. Also totally mad because I am a slim hipped woman who is pretty smart.
  • Evo psych is proof that science can be just as absurd and irrelevent as religion.
  • Dunno, this looks like evo psych BS to me. Also totally mad because I am a slim hipped woman who is pretty smart.
    Your ratio could still be fine! It's all about ratio.

The mechanism makes sense, and it's demonstrable. Really, the most important piece of information is that omega-3 is great for child development.

• Evo psych is proof that science can be just as absurd and irrelevent as religion.
    Only when it isn't actually science.
  • Evopsych tends to be very bad science. It's very hard to account for complicating factors, particularly social factors, and so their results are more like wishful thinking than solid information.
  • edited July 2012
    All the different forms of psychology need to be integrated in a case study of something as broad as intelligence in order to gain an accurate picture, and even then you'll be missing most of the details. Of course, I personally consider psych the poor man's neurobio/biopsych anyway, but I carry a pretty hefty bias. It's all gossip without fMRI, PET, and hard science labwork.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
    Your ratio could still be fine! It's all about ratio.

The mechanism makes sense, and it's demonstrable. Really, the most important piece of information is that omega-3 is great for child development.
    That's why asians are the best!
    *pats on head* you're plenty sexy in your own way.
  • That's why asians are the best!
    And the fish eating Scandinavians!
    Dunno, this looks like evo psych BS to me. Also totally mad because I am a slim hipped woman who is pretty smart.
    *pats on head* you're plenty sexy in your own way.
    Thank you, that is nice of you! Also, it is nice to have small hips for runnin' fast.

• Aren't you small overall? All your ratios should be small too! KWAHAHAHAHA.
  • Aren't you small overall? All your ratios should be small too! KWAHAHAHAHA.
    Let's get some help from foreign correspondent Morbo for this.

RATIOS DO NOT WORK THAT WHY!

Thanks, Morbo.
  • edited July 2012
    Shut up! I know, I'm just trying to make her happy. I don't wanna use rabbits! SHUT UP!
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • I'm normal size. I'm actually average tall, I just have an athletic build: Skinny, muscles, flat bust on a big rib cage, small hips. It suits me just fine!