This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Goatse?

edited August 2007 in Everything Else
Hey guys, I've just recently listened to the Pokémon episode, in which the Front Row Crew talks about Goatsey (spelling?). I was wondering whats that was, considering I have never seen it, but now I don't want to see it, after hearing the "wonderful" things about it. Any information would be great, unless the video isn't that bad.

Thanks
-Coolbrow

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Article about Goatse.

//nsfw, duh
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • *shuddered by reminder of Goatse*

No one told me it wasn't work safe and I looked. Luckily the boss was not around.
  • edited August 2007
    OMG! I knew that link was a trick... but for some reason I still clicked it... holy cow.. Thanks anyways, now I'm on the inside.
    Post edited by coolbrow on
  • Yes, unintentional, never the less... a pun
  • lol, puns rule.

The one thing I can't belive is that I saw this weird picture before i even was really "part of" the internet... and 'member, I'm going into 8th grade. Just think about how messed up that is.
  • I saw it before on a hacked myspace account. Well, seeing the pic the second time is not as bad.
  • I seen it before and didn't know what I was looking at until *shudders*

Well this is just a case of curiosity killing the cat.
  • Is that thing for real? I mean it does not look real I see two wholes instead of one! I just do not know nothing anymore : (
  • Article aboutGoatse.

//nsfw, duh
    WHY did I click the link? WHY!?!?!
  • What the hell? Seriously, have none of you seen Goatse before?!
  • Bumped into this on Reddit today.
    I should capture my friends faces when I tell them to click goatse. I wont look at it again but at their faces looking at it. None of them heard of it when I said Goatse so... heh mayhem. Or they will kick my ass for making them shudder.
  •  
    What the hell? Seriously, have none of you seen Goatse before?!

Okay then, we should initiation rites on his forum before letting the new members in, which is obviously seeing at least the said Goatse.
    Also, a somewhat better link coming from a comment from that Reddit link. more pics of Ron and his expression(s). I think this was talked about in the show months back.
  • Heh...yeah...I wish I'd photographed my wifes face, I was downright maniacal about it. Positioned the mouse over the link, called her into the office to "look at something" and then watched for her to walk into the room staring straight at my monitor. When she appeared I clicked, her face contorted and I hit backspace (which is a keyboard shortcut for going back a page) and was able to safely resume computing.

I was privy to a few choice words and a semi-angry wife for a few minutes before she too began scheming how to "surprise" friends and family in a similar fashion.
  • It's 1997 all over again. You're all such nubs - Welcome to the Internet!
  • edited August 2007
    It seems like one of the youngest here knew more about it than the people who have been on the internet longer. (not saying you're old, but older than me)
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • All in favor for an official GeekNights Forum "Welcome to the Internet" thread, say aye.
  • All in favor for an official GeekNights Forum "Welcome to the Internet" thread, say aye.
    Aye. Or, perhaps just an episode where they talk about old, old memes.
    I faintly remember Rym and Scott talking about Goatse, Tub Girl, Leekspin, and old flash animations. Perhaps it wasn't all in the same episode?
  • edited August 2007
    All in favor for an official GeekNights Forum "Welcome to the Internet" thread, say aye.
    I faintly remember Rym and Scott talking about Goatse, Tub Girl, Leekspin, and old flash animations. Perhaps it wasn't all in the same episode?
    No, I listened to the Goatse one, and none of the above were in that.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited August 2007
    All in favor for an official GeekNights Forum "Welcome to the Internet" thread, say aye.Aye. Or, perhaps just an episode where they talk about old, old memes.I faintly remember Rym and Scott talking about Goatse, Tub Girl, Leekspin, and old flash animations. Perhaps it wasn't all in the same episode? No, I listened to the Goatse one, and none of the above were in that.

coolbrow: Hmm, are you referring to the Thursday episode about "Hacking the Boardwalk"? It just reminded me of the "First Amendment Goatse" t-shirt.
    sneakernet: I think Leekspin was made a TotD at one point. "I didn't get what so great about it until I HEARD it." - paraphrased Rym (I think) from that episode.
    Post edited by omegafinal on
  • What the hell? Seriously, have none of you seen Goatse before?!

Agreed... Where's the thread that signifies that you need to get the hell off my internets?
  • It's 1997 all over again. You're all such nubs - Welcome to the Internet!
    It's kind of sad when the internet itself reminds you that you're getting old. Has Goatse really been in my brain for ten years? I remember getting suckered into clicking that link on dial up so it had to have been at least seven years now. [sigh]
  • Now I barely even twitch when seeing goatse, I been tricked into seeing it too much times.
    Aye. Didn't Scott say something about this in a recent episode?
  • Holy crap I saw a video of Goatse being made and it was scary.
  • Aye, Why did you even looked for that? 0.o
  • Aye, Why did you even looked for that? 0.o
    I didn't look for it; I'm sorry to say that 4Chan found it for me.