This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I Want My Hat Back II: It's Straight Up Dawg Time

edited September 2012 in Everything Else
News around the bookstore today is that John Klassen's followup to I Want My Hat Back will be released on October 9th!

It will be titled "This is Not My Hat" and will follow the adventures of a fish in what looks like a bowler hat. I don't have a link since I'm at work, but I trust that one of you good people can back me up.

Comments

• I would rather the title of the book to be the title of this thread.
  • Well, that disproves the Spiritual sequel theory, stemming from that the original film title was "The Raid: For my hat."
  • edited September 2012
    Twenty elite SWAT bears set out raid a redwood tree in the bad part of town, to retrieve a hat that has gone missing and bring the rabbit responsible to justice. But it all goes terribly wrong, leaving them to rely on only their wits and mastery of silat to fight off the horde of squirrels hopped-up on bad walnuts and the terrifying mob enforcer Mad Dog. (He's literately a dog)

Can they survive the onslaught? Can the rookie operator extract his brother, the brains of the criminal organization, before justice catches up with him? Can they get their hat back?

Garth Evans presents The Raid : For my Hat. Rated R.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • I would read that fanfiction.
  • I would write that fanfiction.
  • I would write that fanfiction.
    Well...get on with!
  • I do not have time for this shit.

*opens up word document*
  • Wish he would have written a non-related book instead.
  • The speed in which you do these things is truly impressive my friend.
  • I'll try to post a chapter a day and get it over with in about a week. It only took me like a half-hour to bang that out, I can probably use it as warm-up before I start on Hardboiled every day.
  • I have honest-to-God never read fanfic before, despite being a 46-year-old nerd. And yet, I now anxiously await the next chapter of The Raid for My Hat.
  • Hey Scott, buy me a replacement copy of I Want My Hat Back.
  • edited September 2012
    Hey Scott, buy me a replacement copy of I Want My Hat Back.
    I did. You failed to receive it. Will you receive it if I buy it again?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Hey Scott, buy me a replacement copy of I Want My Hat Back.
    I did. You failed to receive it. Will you receive it if I buy it again?
    Yes.

• As long as they actually deliver it. Don't make them require a signature. But yeah, all of our packages from Amazon usually arrive just fine.
  • As long as they actually deliver it. Don't make them require a signature. But yeah, all of our packages from Amazon usually arrive just fine.
    Obviously if I had control I would never make them require signature, but Amazon do what Amazon do.
  • The other day at the bookstore we had a woman looking for a kid's book, so naturally I recommended I Want My Hat Back. I mentioned that it went over very well when it was read at PAX, and she said, "Oh, this was at PAX?" and bought it instantly.
  • Apparently this came through under the radar, but Jon Klassen has released "We Found a Hat," book 3 in the Hat Trilogy.

Two turtles find a hat. They agree that it looks good on both of them. There is just one hat, but they are two turtles! What will they do??

I can confirm that this book has the Jon Klassen magic of the characters expressing a novel's worth of emotion with one look. I don't know if it's quite on the level of the original, but I liked it.

https://www.amazon.com/We-Found-Hat-Jon-Klassen/dp/0763656003
  • This was in my kid's Kindergarten Scholastic book sale flyer last week, but shit was hardcover only and $17. Scholastic flyer is for softcover $3 copies of books that are hardcover elsewhere. Fuck that!