This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Wednesday - Guest Hosts: Ub Iwerks

edited September 2012 in GeekNights

Tonight on GeekNights our guest hosts from Those Darn Cats! present Ub Iwerks, the largely unsung co-creator of Mickey Mouse. But before that, they GeekBite the obscure film "All This and World War II" and the anime Humanity Has Declined.

Download MP3
Source Link
Post edited by Rym on

Comments

• You guys have no idea how surreal this is to me.
    Welcome to the first few years of doing GeekNights and then later listening to myself on the Intertubes. ;^)

• For your viewing pleasure:

• Fun show guys! Where are you from though? I can not place your accents. I find it strange you pronounce Ub Iwerks and gaucho correctly by pronounce anime odd.
    Welcome to the first few years of doing GeekNights and then later listening to myself on the Intertubes. ;^)

I still can't stand the sound of my own voice, recorded. I feel like I sound like the most stereotypical geek in the universe.
  • Fun show guys! Where are you from though? I can not place your accents. I find it strange you pronounce Ub Iwerks and gaucho correctly by pronounce anime odd.
    Thanks!

I was born in New York City, raised mostly in California, and have been in Boston since I was 14. So my accent is some kinda weird bi-coastal hybrid, I'm sure. Greg's lived in Boston his whole life (but I guess it's possible his accent is influenced by his parents . . . and his dad moved around a lot as a kid).

• Wow... I remember "Those Darn Cats!" way back the first time they showed up in the MouseGuest Weekly Days... Was nice to get a bit of Disney trivia in my GeekNights feed.
  • Wow... I remember "Those Darn Cats!" way back the first time they showed up in the MouseGuest Weekly Days... Was nice to get a bit of Disney trivia in my GeekNights feed.
    Ohmygosh! A MouseGuest Weekly listener! Cool.
    Instead of saying "I'm Greg on the forum," you should have said "I'm the guy with the Daria avatar."
  • Pretty great! Weird to hear Greg and Jennifer coming from my iPhone *_*

Now I'm tempted to submit a guest episode...
  • Bravo, guest show!

Did you say The Things of the Day?

Are you getting cocky, kid?