This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime/manga/games/books for Death Note fan

edited September 2007 in Suggestions
I finished reading the Death Note manga about a month ago, and I've suddenly experienced anime burnout. I was wondering, are there any good anime/manga/game/novel series worth a look? Thanks!

Comments

• Watch Paranoia Agent.
  • Hmmm. . . name some other anime or manga you like.

On Deathnote alone, all I can recommend is the Monster manga.
  • WatchParanoia Agent.Yes.
    Or, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
  • Well, I guess I should post my interests:

Favorite Anime: Case Closed, NGE, FMA, Death Note

Favorite manga: FMA, NGE: Angelic Days, Death Note

Currently reading (novels): Battle Royale, Halo: The Fall of Reach

Currently playing: Puzzle Quest (DS), Super Mario World (Wii), New Super Mario Brothers (DS), Guitar Hero (PS2)

Hope that helps.
  • Hmmmm . . . you're an intricate plot type, huh?

Well, there's always the Case Closed manga.

I've only ever seen two episodes, but the Spiral anime might do the trick. Don't take my word on it, though.

Games:
    Puzzle League (I think this title and Dr. Mario can be found on the Virtual Console)
    Dr. Mario (N64 and GBA)
  • Paranoia Agent is pretty damned cool. I'm finishing the last 3 tonight. :D
  • Try Dragonhead, Pluto, 20 Century Boys, Osamu Tezuka's MW, Swallowing the Earth and Ode to Kirihito, MPD Psycho, Ikigami, and ofcourse Monster.

All of these are superb books, highly recommended if you are open to more mature manga tales with an edge.
  • Holy thread-necromancy, Batman!
  • Quick, boy-wonder, get the unnecessary revival repellent!
  • Holy thread-necromancy, Batman!
    Once again, thread necromancy is okay as it destroys any possibility of there ever being thread redundancy. I really don't understand why people have a problem with thread necromancy as I think it's awesome and allows more discussion to be had without it any redundant threads being made.
  • Yeah, but its a question a kid asked in 2007. A little late on the draw there.
  • I have absolutely nothing against thread-necromancy if it furthers a relevant discussion, but this is a simple question from two years ago by a user which I have never seen in the forums since. I've revived a few threads myself in this forum when new developments occurred relevant to the topic or when it was just a free flowing discussion or showoff thread, but answering two-year old requests for recommendations certainly does not fall into that kind of category.
  • Yes, that is why, in my response, I said "unnecessary revival." Some revivals are necessary. This one is not.
  • Not totally unnecessary. My boyfriend has recently gotten into manga and started with reading Death Note and needed more recommendations because he doesn't share my enthusiasm for those gender bending shojo manga I adore. I forgot this thread existed. I'll have to point him to some of these titles.
  • Not totally unnecessary. My boyfriend has recently gotten into manga and started with reading Death Note and needed more recommendations because he doesn't share my enthusiasm for those gender bending shojo manga I adore. I forgot this thread existed. I'll have to point him to some of these titles.
    Yes. Even if the OP isn't around anymore, there's no reason this thread can't be useful to others, and even if it's not, it doesn't do a whole lot of harm by coming up again. I fully support thread necromancy for any reason.