This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

edited September 2007 in Everything Else
This thread is to post any cool things you stumble across on the internet such as: Youtube videos, Articles, Picture Galleries, etc.. that you dont think deserve their own thread due to the fact that there is little to discuss about them.
I made this because while "Funny videos" was a good idea for a thread it was too specific and most of the "look at this cool video" threads are lost into the archives quite quickly.
Should anyone liken this to a channel site I will fire my lazer at them!

Can someone please post the instructions for posting Youtubes; I can never get the damn thing to work.

To start us off here's something I thought was cool [will turn it to embedded when someone posts instructions]
Senju Kannon: The 1000 handed god of mercy

Comments

• Wow. That was beautiful. I'm amazed.
  • Oh damns, I forgot about that thing. Someone sent it to us and it was going to be totd, but I forgot. My memory ftl.
  • edited September 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUaCU1fAYw4
    Take the last part of the url to use for your embed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUaCU1fAYw4
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Uhm, my dad recently made a Flickr account about London, and he has some witty comments about some pictures. Really, it's the only cool thing that I've seen besides Internet People.
  • My thing of the day is how terrible Lair is. God that game fuckin' blows.
  • Well my thing of the day happened a few weeks ago. I wanted to post about it, but I didn't feel it need its own thread, so I chickened out.

I was coming out of a store one day, going to my car. I see some ricer car rolling by with the windows down, blaring some sort of music. My first thought, "Oh some wannabe ricer guy trying to look cool". However, as he came closer, I listened to the music. The music sounded familiar, very familiar in fact. I then realized this guy was jamming to background music from the Samurai Champloo OST. I give a "holy shit you're awesome" expression, then yell out "OMG Samurai Champloo!" and giving the goat horns \m/. The guy looks back at me and gives me a smile and a nod. Not just some regular nod, but one of those "Oh yeah" nods where you know you understand each other without really talking. That moment made my day. I immediately called one of my friends and told him about it. He lol'd.
  • Well my thing of the day happened a few weeks ago...
    Hah!  -- for the ricer loud music, but ++ for being cool.  I'd say it evens out. ^_^
  • edited September 2007
    islandergirlro, that was a new kind of awesome.
    My thing of the day was only having two classes in the morning, coming home and failing power napping by about 3 hours.

also, rym and scotts emergency thing of the day stash tvinjapan.com

I'd also like to add Eric Mongrain: acoustic guitarist extraordinare. (I strongly suggest everyone give "Airtap" a listen.)
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • islandergirlro, that was a new kind of awesome.
    Yeah. I still think about it and smile. I remember after that encounter, when I got back to my car I started listening to Champloo on my CD player and turning it up. Iirc, the song that guy was playing was "Aruarian Dance" on the Depature OST, one of my more favorite BGM's from the OSTs.
  • I don't know if this is old, but I learned about it today from listening to The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe:

Video of a martial artist who demonstrates that the mythical power chi of eastern philosophy is real and can protect him from a sword slash. Warning: Contains blood.

• Well, the camera was obviously absorbing a portion of his spirit ("chi" if you will), and that's why the blade cut through his skin. I don't see any other reasonable explanation.
  • What was mostly the problem with this is that he said "I've sharpened this one specially" (may not be in the video but was on the skeptics guide) as it would be possible to stop a blunt blade or a not very sharp one but not a properly sharp one.
  • This just further shows the power and danger of irrational belief. When people have faith or when they believe in things directly contradictory to mountains of evidence, they become very dangerous. They will very easily act against the best interests of themselves and others. Whether it is stabbing themselves, waging crusades, suicide bombing, or simply voting for a candidate who does not have your best interests in mind, magical thinking only moves us towards a shittier world.
  • edited October 2007

This, my dear friends, is what I like. XD Random humor-like objects.
    Post edited by kage_rod on
  • Oh, I gots me a TOTD! In my 3 period computer class, the teacher was gone today. So, we had a sub and couldn't do anything, because we needed him to guide us through the workbooks (not really, but meh). So, in my class of 4 people, we had 3 periods (2 hours and 30 minutes!) with absolutely NOTHING to do. So one of the guys showed us this video: (Big Black Dildo in it, and talk of rape...so NSFW!)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8
  • My TOTD is "My Charlie Brown Christmas." It's basically a dubbed-over version of A Charlie Brown Christmas, except with the cast of that awesome TV situational comedy-drama, Scrubs. Anyone who likes Scrubs should totally watch it, and I think it's still enjoyable even if you have never seen Scrubs. Not too sure about that, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWy_4taLts
  • My TOTD is "My Charlie Brown Christmas." It's basically a dubbed-over version of A Charlie Brown Christmas, except with the cast of that awesome TV situational comedy-drama, Scrubs. Anyone who likes Scrubs should totally watch it, and I think it's still enjoyable even if you have never seen Scrubs. Not too sure about that, though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWy_4taLts

Charlie Brown Kwanzaa if you've not seen it.
  • Over the past week, I could not get enough of this video:
  • Yes! Yes! Oh yes! I love this video! This is probably one of my favorite songs they ever done.
  • I was just watching the filming of a new Tim Allen movie outside where I work.
  • Love that song. <3 Go MSI.

I've lost the game ... five times today so far. It's only 3 o'clock. =D My friends hate me for it.
  • Over the past week, I could not get enough of this video.
    That's because it was directed by Jhonen Vasquez, who makes nothing but awesome.
  • Robot Chickenses:

Japanese Mr. Rogers

Masturbation MythBusters

Not Robot Chickenses:

Counter-Strike (Robot Chicken style)
  • Charlie the freakin' unicorn:

• You don't have to know anything about Storm Hawks... I just find this incredibly hilarious. My friend thinks it's retarded though...
  • edited October 2007
    The worst game ever?

Post edited by One Sin on
  • I just found this, I think its pretty well done