This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"A Practical Man's Proof of God"

edited June 2006 in Flamewars
This article supposedly scientifically proves the existence of God. Flame at will!

(Yes, this is a devil's advocate thread.)

Comments

• "The atheist has always maintained that there was no beginning."

Says who?

I'd go on debunking it line by line, but it's just to silly to bother. I laughed out loud reading it (got a look from the neighboring cube). Suffice to say, the arguments beg the question constantly, using "the athiest" as a straw man point of view and generally making use of poor logic and faulty premise. Also note the prolific use of !.

The author either isn't very well educated or is poking fun at similar papers.

Regardless of one's beliefs, this is a poorly constructed argument.
  • This part is my favorite:

"Suppose I attempt to drive my automobile without putting any more gas (fuel) into it. As I drive and drive, what is eventually going to happen? I am going to run out of gas I If the cosmos been here forever, we would have run out of hydrogen long ago!"

That exerpt alone would give Mr. Period a heart attack.
  • "Matter is self-existing and not created"

His main argument is based on this tiny quote, supposedly from the Humanist Manifesto. Googling that phrase, however, turns up nothing but that page itself and a few others linking to it or quoting it.

Humanist Manifesto I
    Humanist Manifesto II
    Humanist Manifesto III

That phrase, or even the word "matter" used in the sense of substance, appear nowhere at all in any of those documents. Well done, sir.
  • I am the god of reviving dead threads!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!