This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Logos. All of em. Any of em.

2»

Comments

• I like the subliminable Tetris piece there.
  • Babe, I both love and fear you. A million gold stars for you. :D

FINISH EEET
  • edited June 2006
    The night itself is being geeky.

The text can be somewheres in there, it doesn't really matter.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • edited June 2006
    Congratulations ClassicBri, that really was a nice job. It's hard to believe that's really a 5-minute mockup, it'd take me forever to make that even if I had the idea.

EDIT: ClassicBri, what font is the GeekNights part anyway?
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Excellent work, ClassicBri. If that is what you can do in five minutes, I can't wait to see what it looks like after you have tinkered with it a bit.
  • Since that is going to be the banner and not the logo... do you object if I make a logo to go with that theme? Using the same logos (the face, controller, lightning bolt and moon)? Purely because they would become part of the site...
  • I'm not exactly sure why people don't think that's a logo. I understand now that Rym and Scott were looking for a more "iconic" logo, but surely a text logo is still a logo. The most recognize trademark in the world (Coca-Cola) as well as the internet's most recognizeable trademark (Amazon.com) are both text logos.

I'm currently designing a more iconic logo and it should be up by tonight. I've already done sketches for it.

trogdor: It isn't a font - I made it from scratch.
  • The reason we need a "logo" is for the album art in iTunes, on iPods and in all the podcast directories. That's why I was talking about a square and all that.
  • Ok so I'm guessing that since you said you are making a square logo than you don't want me to...
  • You know, the second design that A75209 posted looks too much like an old school flyer.
  • It can't hurt to post new things. While it may not be likely, you could just be making something so super amazing we can't deny it.
  • edited July 2006
    I think that is a very well done Icon, I approve of the use of my pictures ^_^. (Technically they were under the CC no derivitave work license, but I just fixed that).
    Post edited by Jameskun on
  • edited July 2006
    I think that is a very well done Icon, I approve of the use of my pictures ^_^. (Technically they were under the CC no derivitave work license, but I just fixed that).
    Ah, my bad. Thanks!
    Post edited by rampant glee on
  • I like it, rampant glee. It's got a real jazz feel about it. Although it does look like Scott's hand is about to break off at the wrist, Buster Bluth-style.
  • Oops... didn't quite catch that one. Well, it's easy enough to fix that if this logo were to be used. I'm sure it would require other tweaking as well.
  • Actually the picture was alright until chuck Norris roundhouse kick Scott's wrist.
  • edited July 2006
    Here's another idea for good measure.
    EDIT: picture now with text at the top.
    Post edited by rampant glee on
  • We're seriously considering using rampant glee's first submission as our logo for iTunes and podcatchers (independent of the site design).
  • I think that'd be a good move. Although I do kind of like the "Let's Do This" but that's a minor thing.
  • imageimageimageimage
    What's the provenance of these? Are there larger versions? Are they CC-BY like everything else?
  • While I have, in fact, thanked Cat Lee for web design, I am yet to thank Brando K for the logos.
  • Churba said:

While I have, in fact, thanked Cat Lee for web design, I am yet to thank Brando K for the logos.

I guess Starfox doesn't listen to the podcast or maybe just not the outro.

I wonder if it would be weird if everyone just spammed Brando K with thanks for the logos. Twitter handle anyone?
  • I'm disappointed they never used my book club one.

• Apparently I haven't listened to the closer in... years?

Anyway, bumping for my original question now that Rym&Scott may or may not be back:
    Starfox said:

imageimageimageimage
    What's the provenance of these? Are there larger versions? Are they CC-BY like everything else?

• Oops! I was thanking Kellhus for the Logos!