This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

iphone Background

edited May 2013 in Art!
I've had the same iphone background for the last 3 years. I think I'm overdue for a change. Does anyone know a good site for geeky pics, or do you have an OMG!!! favorite?

Comments

• I also have a hard time with this, and wallpapers in general lately.

I want to have a wallpaper that appeals to me personally, but is also very high quality and high resolution. Even when I find stuff that is high res, the design of it is so awful. It's sort of like the MLP t-shirts that WeLoveFine makes. Blech.

I always end up going back to the same Miku wallpaper. http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/747035

On my phone what I did is I went to this deviantart account of this guy who does a lot of the Netrunner card art. I then took some of the art and cut out an iPhone-sized shape in Photoshop.

http://el-grimlock.deviantart.com/gallery/
  • Back when I had an iPhone, I used this Zelda map for at least a year:
  • Part of the problem is that there is such SEO shitware adspam bullshit surrounding "wallpapers" in the same way it surrounds "mouse cursors" and "emoticons."
  • Why not just use the camera on your phone and take a picture that you can then set to wallpaper? Or is an iPhone incapable of doing that?
  • The iPhone can do that.

• Why not just use the camera on your phone and take a picture that you can then set to wallpaper? Or is an iPhone incapable of doing that?
    A photo of what? Photos are rarely good wallpapers.
  • There is some skill involved in creating the ideal phone wallpaper (skills of photography and/or graphic design). Sure I could take a bunch of pics but this is the internet, so I'd like the use the work of those with the skills, not my crappy phone pics.

This, of course, only matters if you really care about things that don't really matter. Like phone wallpapers. Feel free to judge, I don't care.
  • On my ancient flip phone, I had a picture I took of Emily's nose that I used for years.
  • Oh god, the flip phone days. I had one of my favorite pictures of all time from my crappy flip phone camera. Ten years ago, I was in Best Buy with my wife Nicole and while I had my back turned, she jokingly put on a WoW hat, cracked open a WoW strategy guide, and started reading it with the elated expression of a person who just won a million dollars. I got the photographic evidence and it held a prominent place on my phone.

Still, a close second to Emily's nose.
  • I have a picture of one cat on my personal phone as wallpaper and the other cat is on my work phone. I engineered the photo on my personal phone so that it works perfectly with the icon layout.
  • I've had the Snorlax from here as my background since I got a smart phone.
  • edited May 2013
    Similar threads!

I'm still using the same Tare Panda wallpaper.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I'm using a picture of my dog as wallpaper and as my lock screen. I guess I could put my kid there, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • edited May 2013
    True playas use the one true background.

Post edited by Dave on
  • edited May 2013
    I use this on my not-phone (Windows phone that I use as an MP3 player): image

On my actual phone (Not a smart phone, so this aspect ratio actually works): image
    Post edited by Axel on
  • My iPad mini wallpaper.

• Do you guys use full screen backgrounds? I like to position and crop my backgrounds to line up with the black bars like so:

• Do you guys use full screen backgrounds? I like to position and crop my backgrounds to line up with the black bars like so:
    Clever. Here is mine that is not as clever.

• @Sail. I use full backgrounds. There are a lot of decent sites out there that make custom iPhone/iPad backgrounds. If not, just crop your stuff. Easy peasy.
  • Here's my home screen:

• edited May 2013
    I've been using exclusively David Lanham's art for the past five or so years. Current background:
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Not what I'm using right now obvsly but I always switch to this one around Christmastime.

My current pic is nothing too fancy. I read Rachel Rising within the past month (which you should all check out if you can), so I made one of my favourite issue covers my wall.

Probably will change it sometime soon, though. The title text behind the clock there makes things look a bit cluttered. Either that or I'll just photoshop the text out.
  • Just gave my phone a Pokemon theme, complete with new ringtone and sound effects. The background is this:

• Not iPhone, but still smartphone:
    Home screen
    Lock screen (but don't tell Roxxy):
  • Lock screen:

Home screen:
  • Lock screen:

Home screen:
    iOS 7 preview?
  • My iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2 are both using some of the Apple default backgrounds. Why? Because you can't find good wallpapers for these sizes! The iPhone 6 is 750x1334 and the iPad mini 2 is 2048x1536.

I don't even need to find a wallpaper that is exactly that size. I have Creative Cloud. I can crop things. But most artists don't provide their art online digitally at high enough resolution for that. I was able to make serviceable wallpaper for iPhone 5 using some Netrunner card art, but iPhone 6 has too many pixels for that.

Unless anyone has suggestions, I think my only option is to take photos myself.
  • Lately, I've been making my own, mainly to get a large enough size to work with.

This is from the pdf liner notes from Aphex Twin's Syro, rendered to a big png and color reversed.

I think Apreche will recognize this background…