This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pacific Rim

Comments

• Cherno Alpha wears a nuclear reactor as a hat. Your argument is invalid.
  • The Russian mech was clearly the best mech out there. If only by virtue of piston fists.
  • The Russian mech was clearly the best mech out there. If only by virtue of piston fists.
    What no love for Striker and it's Brass Knucks?

They're both great!
  • Anytime I think of Striker Eureka I think of this song.
  • I saw the movie last night with my girlfriend and I'm very disappointed with Crimson Typhoon's performance.

Also did anyone else catch the Giant Robo plot twist during the defense of Hong Kong? Del Toro sure as hell knows his anime.
  • edited July 2013
    I saw the movie last night with my girlfriend and I'm very disappointed with Crimson Typhoon's performance.

Also did anyone else catch the Giant Robo plot twist during the defense of Hong Kong? Del Toro sure as hell knows his anime.
    I am not sure if it was New Tetsujin 28 or a Giant Robo reference. Still it was pretty great.
    Also, more people need to watch Tetsujin 28, cuz that show was awesome!

Also, if anyone could make a life action Giant Robo, it could very well be Guillermo del Toro.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I have yet to see the flick but this thread has me sufficiently pumped for when I do.
  • edited July 2013
    That's fucking incredible.

Also, the finest opening line in the history of literature -

"It is 2026. Shit is fucked."
    Post edited by Churba on
  • A giant robot punching all the thing? Sounds like some CHRIStFUCK song.

• I would call it "Face Fister" but that's already a Dethklok song.
    How about Piston Fistin? Ya know, because of the piston fists and all.
  • I have yet to see the flick but this thread has me sufficiently pumped for when I do.
    I would recommend going.... right now, before they're no longer showing it in IMAX 3D. If it's even still there, I wouldn't expect it to still be by the weekend.

okay.

okay.
    This makes me very happy.
  • Thanks to the overseas grosses, particularly in China, we may be getting a sequel after all.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks to the overseas grosses, particularly in China, we may be getting a sequel after all.
    Prequel: the Ballad of the Crimson Typhoon: Because White People can't be Trusted to Watch Good Movies

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • The Ballad of the Crimson Typhoon: Because White People Can't be Trusted
    And now it's about how the Sioux were able to stop the advance of Western settlement with their Jaeger.
  • Thanks to the overseas grosses, particularly in China, we may be getting a sequel after all.
    Prequel: the Ballad of the Crimson Typhoon: Because White People can't be Trusted to Watch Good Movies

I would still watch the feth out of that.
    Perfect for viewing with a bottle of sacra and a bowl of popped grains.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks to the overseas grosses, particularly in China, we may be getting a sequel after all.
    Perfect for viewing with a bottle of sacra and a bowl of popped grains.
    I'm sure the Emperor would approve. It's really just Titans beating the crap out of Tyranid Bio-Titans anyways. Hmmmmm. I wonder if i could pitch this film as a 40K prequel.
    Post edited by Drunken Butler on
  • edited August 2013
    Hey, considering the quality of some of the movies they've made so far, it would be a notable step up for the Film Division of the Black Library.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I finally watched Pacific Rim, just before it leaves theatres. I saw it in IMAX for maximum prettyness, and it was exactly what I was expecting. I am very happy right now.

I only wish Cherno Alpha got more screen time.
  • Everyone wants Cherno Alpha to be the main robot. The Russians had the best mech and the best suits.
    I want their suit.
  • I would watch a Cherno Alpha TV series. I would watch it all the time.
  • edited August 2013
    It reminds me very much of the Fallout Protectrons. I love it.
    Post edited by Axel on