This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Underwear Pervert comic books

2»

Comments

• edited September 2013
    The ongoing saga of stupidity at DC continues to be both rage-inducing and morbidly fascinating. Most recent rounds of WTF:

- The Batwoman team walking off because DC hates happy superheroes, especially married ones

- Posting a contest to draw sexy Harley Quinn about to commit suicide right before National Suicide Prevention Week

All I gotta say is: I'm actually kind of glad Dial H has ended. I've been wanting to get off the DC train altogether for a while now, but Dial H was my remaining DC holdout. Every other series I was interested in either crashed and burned in a hot mess of editorial interference, or just wasn't good enough to justify my supporting DC with my dollars. Now that series has been canned and I can boycott them with impunity! Thanks, DC!
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Want to boycott DC entirely, but dat Trillium and dat Fables.
  • I'd boycott DC, but I stopped buying comics a while ago anyway (no particular reason). Is it still a boycott if you weren't using the product to begin with?
  • I'd boycott DC, but I stopped buying comics a while ago anyway (no particular reason). Is it still a boycott if you weren't using the product to begin with?
    I hope so, because if that's the case then I'm boycotting the fuck out of them.
  • edited September 2013
    I'd boycott DC, but I stopped buying comics a while ago anyway (no particular reason). Is it still a boycott if you weren't using the product to begin with?
    Boycotting is more than just not buying product you know. Making the creator aware that you are actively NOT purchasing their goods for reason X makes them aware, and more likely to change than just not buying their goods. It's the difference between a lost sale (boycotting), and no sale (not caring about buying comics) to begin with.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited September 2013
    Vertigo stuff is going to hurt a bit, but I can read that stuff for free at my work at least. I already bought the first two issues of Trillium, and hopefully I can purchase the other issues or the trade in the future, maybe when these ass-clowns are no longer in charge of the company.

I think I'll write some kind of letter or post a comment directly where someone at DC can see it, because Nine is right, just refusing to buy is not enough. They won't get the message that way. They should know that I would be buying Batgirl -- if they would just let Gail Simone stop destroying every ounce of Barbara's happiness at every turn. I would be buying Batwoman -- if I knew Williams and Blackman's stories could reach their conclusion and lead to a character marriage that I would be interested in. I had been buying Batman, and I want to keep buying it, but I can't buy it in good conscience because of what's going on at this company right now.

Other books I might be buying if they either hadn't been messed with, were allowed to go in different directions, or just weren't under DC control: Earth 2, Justice League Dark, The Green Team (yes, the fucking Green Team), Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Vibe, Katana, Birds of Prey, and all the Vertigos.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I am still reading trade for "Batman", "Green Lantern", "The Flash", "Batgirl", and "Supergirl"
    I dropped from "Action Comics" a couple of issues after Grant Morrison left.
    I am still following "Superman Unchained". I am
  • It is crazy how relevant that is to my Facebook. I think I post at least weekly complaining about something DC did.