This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Look at me, I'm playing video games.

Comments

• Mario 3!
    Not feeling it right now.
  • I'm going to try using FFSplit instead of Xsplit. I'll report in and tell how it works out.
  • Wow, watching my own PAC-MAN video has helped me a LOT. Going to set some high scores tonight.
  • Speaking of game development casts, I'll be running one weekly for Bloodcrusher -ii- at 8pm EST with the rest of my team on this channel.
    Watch live video from contraptionstudios on www.twitch.tv
  • Mega Man 64 if you care to join www/twitch.tv/coldguy
    Going to start the sub gates in about 5 minutes.
  • edited October 2013
    Odd choice, I would have gone with the PS1 version.

Also:
    "The English localization removed an option from the original game in which Mega Man protects Tron from a dog chasing her; while in the Japanese version, Mega Man could either kick or calm the dog, in the English release he could only calm to the dog."

Edit: There was a PC version?!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    Going to start the sub gates in about 5 minutes.
    Starting up again shortly if anyone cares to join.
    Odd choice, I would have gone with the PS1 version.
    N64 version is exactly identical except for the loading times.
  • Odd choice, I would have gone with the PS1 version.
    http://imgur.com/a/Qnxym#2
  • Odd choice, I would have gone with the PS1 version.
    http://imgur.com/a/Qnxym#2
    Correction nearly identical.

Might continue on with it later tonight after work and getting a list of games to play for this 3D plat-former experiment. A few others on the list are:

Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
    Dk 64
    Glover
    Robot on Wheels
    Jet Force Gemini
  • Why do you hate yourself.
    I don't but I know when these games go to shit and can stop there. Also you be surprised how many people commented on the "I never knew how to get that" when streaming.
  • Rocket: Robot on Wheels is one if my favorite N64 games. Probably my 3rd fave 64 platformer after Mario 64 and Rayman 2.
    I don't but I know when these games go to shit and can stop there. Also you be surprised how many people commented on the "I never knew how to get that" when streaming.
    In your defense I haven't actually played the majority of these. They were on my "would like to play" lists in the late N64 days but never got to them, particularly Jet Force Gemini. By that point, though, I was really starting to feel the Nintendo console game drought, and wound up buying a Dreamcast, playing PC games, and Game Boy Color.

I do, however, still have nightmares about DK64.

In your defense I haven't actually played the majority of these. They were on my "would like to play" lists in the late N64 days but never got to them, particularly Jet Force Gemini. By that point, though, I was really starting to feel the Nintendo console game drought, and wound up buying a Dreamcast, playing PC games, and Game Boy Color.

I do, however, still have nightmares about DK64.

If I were to play it I will demonstrate why that game destroyed all 3D platformers and show it as a lesson to all future designers.
  • If you care to know about the MegaMan Legands story at all I will explain it when I go to Sub Gate 3 in about 5 minutes www/twitch.tv/coldguy.
  • edited October 2013
    Late Night Stream: Primordia

Gonna start it up in like 10 minutes.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I figure I'd be more interested in watching other people play games when my hands fall off...
  • I have a pretty awful internet connection. If I got myself an El Gato or something of the sort, do they have the ability to record to hard drive or maybe even some built in storage so I could upload it later?
  • edited October 2013
    I have a pretty awful internet connection. If I got myself an El Gato or something of the sort, do they have the ability to record to hard drive or maybe even some built in storage so I could upload it later?
    Yes, the elgato hardware can record to disk. But in that case, why would you buy an elgato for over $100 when you can buy Fraps for much much less money? It's only worth it if you really want to record from a console.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited October 2013
    Why buy Fraps when you can use Open Broadcaster Software?
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Why buy Fraps when you can use Open Broadcaster Software?
    If you already own Fraps?

Also, I hear mixed things about OBS. One set of people are all like "USE OBS ZOMG" and another group just talk about all the bugs and problems in OBS that force them to keep using Fraps/XSplit even though they would like to use OBS.