This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A couple tiny suggestions

124»

Comments

• Pegu said:

It said my message had to be approved before it would be posted in random comments the first time I tried to post it. Not sure why.

Because your post consisted of one word. The word "cool". A complete waste of bits. Kind of glad it considers that to be spam.

• Is anyone else having session issues where the pages will load thinking you are not logged in, but then when you reload it's normal?
  • If I come back to the FRC tab after a while and refresh, I appear to be signed out. Another refresh and I'm signed in again.
  • And just as I clicked the post button, I got the "We're over capacity" message. Which makes me think the signed out page was cached.
  • Is anyone else having session issues where the pages will load thinking you are not logged in, but then when you reload it's normal?

The opposite. I can sign in fine, but as soon as I navigate away from whatever page I was currently on, I get logged out. Topics get marked as read just fine though, oddly enough.
  • Happening to me, too. Every few pages that load show me as logged out.
  • I also keep getting logged out. It's Vanilla's problem.
  • Oh come on! The spam filter is out of control, I'm getting shut down even for legitimate posts. Can you at least whitelist users that you know are real humans?
  • Apreche said:

I also keep getting logged out. It's Vanilla's problem.

Man, things are so much better now. Aren't you glad you switched over to Vanilla hosting?
  • I have been seeing a lot of server overload messages from the forum today.
  • HMTKSteve said:

I have been seeing a lot of server overload messages from the forum today.

I pay someone else to take care of that shit now.
  • That doesn't change the fact that people are going to complain about forum-related issues on the forum. When there are significant issues, presumably you will inform the Vanilla people so that they can take care of them, no?
  • It makes sense. Considering the price you are paying someone else to take care of that shit now, you'd best believe they've a vested interest in taking care of that shit, now.