This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Awesome Pro Wrestling Videos

Comments

• That was hilarious and adorable.
  • edited December 2011
    I found an awesome Youtube user who is posting complete shows, in particular complete New Japan shows. Enjoy.
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • If you do not go to Botchamania then you are not in the right thread.
  • Botchamania is many levels of awesome. It's a shame that the copyright hunt is so severe on Youtube right now that he has to post on blip for people to be able to watch it for longer than a half hour at a time.
  • Now his Blip account got canceled.
  • edited January 2012

It never fails to be amusing to me to see masked wrestlers in the real world. Especially when it's Jushin Liger and he has Hiroshi Tanahashi as a guest.
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • So you know that thing that we always say the NFL, MLB, MLH, etc. should do? The WWE's doing it. Ten bucks a month, and you get everything. Archival footage. Every show. Every pay-per-view. No bullshit. No blackouts. No "you have to wait six hours to see this thing online". I'm pretty impressed, and depending on how my wrestling fascination goes, as well as money, I might get this.
  • Neito said:

So you know that thing that we always say the NFL, MLB, MLH, etc. should do? The WWE's doing it. Ten bucks a month, and you get everything. Archival footage. Every show. Every pay-per-view. No bullshit. No blackouts. No "you have to wait six hours to see this thing online". I'm pretty impressed, and depending on how my wrestling fascination goes, as well as money, I might get this.

Only snag is that the "live" shows are going to be aired later since cable is still their big money maker. My inner mark is tempting me to jump on board.
  • Speaking of Marking, I was totally marking out for this entire sequence.

• Coldguy said:

Neito said:

So you know that thing that we always say the NFL, MLB, MLH, etc. should do? The WWE's doing it. Ten bucks a month, and you get everything. Archival footage. Every show. Every pay-per-view. No bullshit. No blackouts. No "you have to wait six hours to see this thing online". I'm pretty impressed, and depending on how my wrestling fascination goes, as well as money, I might get this.

Only snag is that the "live" shows are going to be aired later since cable is still their big money maker. My inner mark is tempting me to jump on board.
    For the shows that are currently on cable like Raw and Smackdown, yes. However, the current PPVs from Wrestlemania onward are going to go live on the network as well as shows like NXT that don't have a contract to air in America.

• Wrestling plus Super cuts equal funny.
  • Man, fuck this company.

It's one thing to give The Rock a title reign last year. At least The Rock has a huge fan base, and is perma-over. But when you've had multiple stadiums full of people chanting one guy's name, when his face-heel-face turn creates one of the most awesome moments on Raw in years, and you put the Rumble win on the guy nobody cares about?
  • It really baffles me why they still haven't pulled the trigger on Bryan. The fans already see him as a huge star, but the company somehow doesn't see him as a star, because they refuse to treat him like a star. It's some incredibly backwards thinking, and it's incredibly dangerous right now to keep all their eggs in the John Cena basket right as they plan on changing to a primarily subscription-based business model. Only the most hardcore of fans are going to continue to re-up their subscriptions if they just keep spinning their wheels like they have been for quite some time. They are going to have to keep things new and interesting and change things up on a regular basis if they want to survive from here out.
  • Maybe they want to rile you all up to get everyone talking about WWE? No bad publicity?
  • edited January 2014
    Matt said:

Maybe they want to rile you all up to get everyone talking about WWE? No bad publicity?

There's No Bad Publicity, and there's intentionally avoiding money. As someone on /r/sc pointed out, in the PG era of WWE, Bryan could, if played right, be the next Steve Austin. The Smarks love his wrestling style, the kids love his beard, the fans love his chant, he could have mainstream appeal as an underdog hero fighting the man...

Also, I hate myself, but I'm kinda in love with Zeb Colter's signs. He's just such a parody of what his gimmick represents that he's nothing but funny.

Post edited by Neito on
  • It's now a storyline that Danielson is being held down by the machine. Either that or he really wants to get fired, if one looks at his twitter
  • So I don't really watch wrestling any more but I see some of it in my peripheral visions because a bunch of hockey podcasts I listen to have wrestling fans on them and the topic comes up on occasion.

Anyway, apparently CM Punk has walked away from the WWE. Not sure whether that is legit just yet, or just a story line.
  • It's legit. Partially WWE fucking up the booking, partially him being rather injured.
  • Yeah, he's been working hurt for quite a while. And you can tell in his media interviews that his passion has burned out, and his matches over the past few months make it seem like he's lost a step. Hopefully he takes the rest of the year to recover, and maybe we will see him come back to win the 2015 Royal Rumble and headline Wrestlemania 31.
  • edited January 2014
    UncleUlty said:

Yeah, he's been working hurt for quite a while. And you can tell in his media interviews that his passion has burned out, and his matches over the past few months make it seem like he's lost a step. Hopefully he takes the rest of the year to recover, and maybe we will see him come back to win the 2015 Royal Rumble and headline Wrestlemania 31.

Honestly, for like, five minutes, they had this awesome Punk/Bryan team-up angle that they never did anything with. I'd mark the fuck out if, at the 2015 Rumble, we get the countdown, and then... "LOOK IN MY EYES, WHAT DO YOU SEE? I'M A CULT OF PERSONALITY."

That said, it's seeming like, from what sites like PWInsider are saying, it's not his injuries, it's shit like bringing back a man who's been away for four years and giving him a title shot that literally no fan wants him to have and the burying of Bryan that's just pissed him off too much.

Also, can we please stop with the fucking Wyatts showing up at every random event to be obnoxious?
    Post edited by Neito on
  • As an aside, has anyone else been following NXT? It really is the best wrestling show on TV. The characters are amazing because they are experimental personalities that you'd never see on TV, but they really show off the range of the wrestlers and even the writers. The storylines are actually well plotted out and make sense, and always leave you with the desire to see more. It kind of exists in its own little world, but once in a while you get a main roster superstar who comes down to do a guest spot.

It's the one show each week that I won't miss, and I'm so glad that it's available on hulu now without a plus account. Definitely check it out if you haven't, because they are currently building up to their first live show on the Network, on 2/27. There are already a few matches set up that promise to be FANTASTIC.

• A vod/podcast I listen to, this is their latest episode. I had to share it.
  • That's it. I believe we've hit Peak Wrestling Entrance. This could be the greatest entrance in wrestling history. I couldn't possibly spoil it for you. Just watch.

• So, Mania may yet be saved. Bryan vs. HHH, and if Bryan wins (he will), he gets a shot at the title that very night. It's not as clean as we wanted, but....

• Sometimes when I see the phrase Pro Wrestling, I somehow misread it as Pro-Wrestling. Like, as if it is a political stance. "I'm pro-gun." "Well I'm pro-wrestling!"
  • Brother you better support my second amendment right to sick chokeslams.
  • edited March 2014
    It clearly says that only collective (kilq-lective?) militias have the right to sick chokeslams! The Board clearly upheld that ruling during the "Legislation on a Pole" match of 1829.

You'll note that I avoided the obvious joke of: "I thought the second amendment was the right to bear hugs"
    Post edited by edifolco25 on
  • After all the Hub-bub with the WWE network I decided to go with a free trial to check it out. I heard good things about NXT Arrival (PPVesque show for the farm system of wrestlers) so thought to start there.

If nothing else watch the opening match Billy Zane (El Generico) v Antonio Cesaro was amazing.
  • NXT has consistently been their best show for a LONG time. It must be because it doesn't have the stringent bullshit that comes with running live shows for a much larger audience. It's much more niche, has much more entertaining characters, and there's much more emphasis on good wrestling. Being a farm league, it has it's faults; some of the wrestlers or characters are busts, or they might try out something you really like, and then change it (Leo Kruger!), but I get more out of watching NXT every week than I ever do out of Raw.