This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• From a game perspective, eliminating time outs inside 2min wouldn't do anything to speed up the game. From 3:00 to 2:01 on the clock you'd probably have similar clock stoppages as coaches burn their last TOs before they become useless.
  • I've no problem with that. The penultimate minute can be as long as it wants, as it's the final minute that I think should be uninterrupted by commercials. At that point the game clock can stop but the play clock can still be in effect (this would only work if the clock stops automatically on a zero yard play).
  • In case anyone is interested, Omar and I did a ATW9K Bunker Talk about the Super Bowl with some trivia, fun facts, and our commentary on Richard Sherman. It's 2 hours long. It honestly didn't feel like that because I had such a blast recording. Omar is hilarious.
  • Rochelle said:

In case anyone is interested, Omar and I did a ATW9K Bunker Talk about the Super Bowl with some trivia, fun facts, and our commentary on Richard Sherman. It's 2 hours long. It honestly didn't feel like that because I had such a blast recording. Omar is hilarious.

Speaking of which, I should submit a few categories to Jason to better enable his revenge.
  • Oh those plucky Seahawks of Seattle fans! Why didn't any other awesome fans think to rename mountains for their team? They must be the bestest ones around!

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/02/01/mount-rainier-renamed-mount-seattle-seahawks-for-super-bowl-xlviii/
  • I think it's stupid. Denver did the same thing too, but your bias fails to mention that.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/01/29/gov-hickenlooper-renames-colorado-peaks-for-broncos/
  • But on the upside, his post was green and blue, your favorite colours right now.
  • Churbs, don't ever change.
  • edited February 2014
    I was briefly in Midtown yesterday, and I saw significantly more Seahawks outfits than Broncos ones. One of these teams is definitely more excited than the other.

Also: image
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • 12s represent!

Yeah, I saw that tweet. Professor X/Picard!

Also, Fox is following the ways of NBC Sunday Night Hand Egg and will be streaming the Superb Owl online and through the mobile device for free.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/2/5357320/2014-super-bowl-xlviii-live-stream-mobile-fox
  • Rochelle said:

Also, Fox is following the ways of NBC Sunday Night Hand Egg and will be streaming the Superb Owl online and through the mobile device for free.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/2/5357320/2014-super-bowl-xlviii-live-stream-mobile-fox

Let this become a trend for ALL football games in the future.
  • edited February 2014
    Coldguy said:

Rochelle said:

Let this become a trend for ALL football games in the future.
    All NBC handegg has been streaming for free online for years. At least since the days I lived in Beacon.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • 'Grats to the Seachickens. They won me $200 today.
  • That game was ridiculous. The entire game my friends and I were asking each other, "Is this really happening right now?" It felt like Peyton was the only Bronco who showed up for the game. Just more proof that defense wins championships, and ours completely dominated today.
  • Unless you were a Seattle or Denver fan, the game was a complete snoozefest.
  • Yeah it was not that great of a game but I'm happy we won. The streets are rioting.
  • edited February 2014
    Andrew said:

Unless you were a Seattle or Denver fan, the game was a complete snoozefest.

Basically. My friend was even rooting hardcore for the Broncos (he's normally a Ravens fan) and he basically said "fuck this" and started reading a book halfway through.

EDIT: Also, apparently this happened:
    Post edited by Neito on
  • If you were in that room, should have looked around. The one guy nodding and making "Fight on brother!" gestures is the Seahawks coach.
  • My feels along with r/Seahawks and pretty much Seattle and all the 12s:

• Andrew said:

Unless you were a Seattle or Denver fan, the game was a complete snoozefest.

Yeah. As fun as it was to watch our team completely slaughter the other team, it would've been more fun if the Broncos had bothered to show up.
  • I'm just happy they actually gave the MVP to a defensive player. When the Giants won they lazily gave the MPVs to Eli. It started to seem like Super Bowl MVP was just going by default to the winning QB, but this gives proper recognition to the players that actually made this team win.
  • Meh, I enjoyed it, but mostly because I despise the Broncos.
  • Meh, I enjoyed it, but mostly because I despise the Broncos.

I was fine with either team winning. It was either Seattle or Manning Bros. Pretty much a win/win situation. Neither team was the Eagles, Cowboys, Jets, or Redskins, so it's all good.
  • edited February 2014
    By 4th quarter I was in cringing mode. I was still way too pumped up.

I'm happy a defensive player won MVP, but I feel Kam Chancellor or Earl Thomas should have gotten it. Smith's pick 6 was pretty great, but in all the whole defense really deserves it.

Edit: I feel this game will make the rest of the NFL, especially the AFC, make some changes for this upcoming draft. It's not just about the pass game. Defense.

In the top 6 defenses this regular season, 5 out of 6 were NFC. 3 of top 6 NFC West, with the other two NFC South. NFC was dominate this season.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Apreche said:

Meh, I enjoyed it, but mostly because I despise the Broncos.

I was fine with either team winning. It was either Seattle or Manning Bros. Pretty much a win/win situation. Neither team was the Eagles, Cowboys, Jets, or Redskins, so it's all good.
    Since you're a Giants fan, that's pretty understandable.

Since I'm a Patriots fan, well, yeah, I've hated Denver for decades -- going back to the Elway era (which is as far back as I can remember). Plus it seems like we can never win there, no matter who's playing. I think the last time we won in Denver was like in 2002, and the last time before that was prior to the Apollo moon landings.

• I don't think it's been some big secret that defense wins championships. It's a lesson that has been taught over and over again: 2000 Ravens, Steel Curtain D, etc. The fact that the NFC happens to have the best defenses is likely just dumb luck.

I did enjoy the game even though it was so lopsided, probably because I was also in the win-win situation. I have enough Seattle friends, and the Seahawks are likeable, so I don't mind seeing them get a trophy. I also have my own reasons in rooting for Manning Bros as a non-Manning-team fan. I want anyone possible to outshine Tom Brady so the volume can be turned down on his legacy, even just a little bit. I know I'm going to have to hear about him for decades, and the window is closing.
  • Well last year SF has the #3 Defense with Seattle at #4. During the draft last year, it was an all our arms race between the two. This year it was Seattle #1 with SF at #5.

Carolina went from #10 to #2. Arizona went from #12 to #6. It was New Orleans that made the biggest jump from #32 to #4. That can be attributed to the hiring of Rob Ryan as Defensive Coordinator along with a few rookie acquisitions.

I think NO was a bit of luck, but the rest were up and coming, just needed a few more quirks here and there to make all of them in the top 6.
  • NFL needs to bring back triple option.