This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hajime no Ippo

12346»

Comments

• The manga and the anime have both been pretty great recently.
  • edited March 2014

The manga and the anime have both been pretty great recently.

I caught up on the manga a few weeks ago. Better catch up again. As for the anime, mad props for not skipping this arc.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited March 2014
    The arc in the anime is great, although I'm sort of sad that they're not going to get to the Karasawa fight this season. That's one of my favorites despite it being fairly short because it's where Morikawa takes the time to remind the reader that Ippo is actually getting really good at boxing.

I just wish the manga chapters weren't so short, and that Mangastream's translator didn't let chapters pile up for a month and then translate them all at once. But, can't really complain that badly, all things considered.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I would also like to see Ippo's next fight this season. I mean, it's his show. Also, maybe tantalize us with some Ricardo Martinez.
  • Apreche said:

I would also like to see Ippo's next fight this season. I mean, it's his show. Also, maybe tantalize us with some Ricardo Martinez.

Yeah, I can't wait for that, considering he's a death god.
  • I kind of fell off the Ippo train a while ago but decided to get on it again. I finally got around to watch "Rising" which remains as high quality as the series has been for its entirety. On a quick check, the series covers chapters 400-557 of the manga. I mention this for two reasons:

1) If you want to follow the series despite its daunting length, you can watch all the anime for it and simply start at Chapter 558. You will have not missed a single thing because the anime sticks very closely to the manga.

2) "Rising" covered 158 chapters of the manga in 25 episodes which averages out to more than 6 chapters per episode. This is an absolute breakneck pace when compared to other shonen series which often bog down and stretch episodes. Of course Ippo has the luxury of having so much material to work with that it can just stuff episodes with content and not be in danger of running out of it for years (and I really wish they made more), but it is still remarkable and one of the main reasons why the series works so well. I wish the anime-industry wasn't so desperate in catching current trends that it would allow more series to be animated once there is enough content to animate instead of watering down their stuff so much.
  • I read quite a ways past 558, but I forget where I left off. I wish there was a way to read it that wasn't a shady scanslation site.