This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Look at me, I'm playing video games.

Comments

• I'm about halfway through what is literally the luckiest run of FTL I've ever had. I had every weapon and augment I could ever want basically for free and immediately.

Watch live video from geeknightsrym on www.twitch.tv
  • Rym said:

I'm about halfway through what is literally the luckiest run of FTL I've ever had. I had every weapon and augment I could ever want basically for free and immediately.

Watch live video from geeknightsrym on www.twitch.tv

FTLEdit and CheatEngine are awesome programs. :P
  • Around 8ish tonight I play some game Boy Color Zeldas The channel
  • Youtube buying Twitch.

I can't imagine SaltyBet or TPP would have been possible on Youtube. :(
  • Starfox said:

Youtube buying Twitch.

THIS IS HUGE AND UNEXPECTED

At least one benefit will be the vastly improved quality of Twitch's streaming technology. The bad part will be YouTube copyright enforcement on saved videos. Right now it's a huge pain to put game streams on YouTube because of the copyright nonsense.
  • Apreche said:

At least one benefit will be the vastly improved quality of Twitch's streaming technology.

Is it really? From my personal experience, average Twitch stream is of better quality than average YouTube stream.

• Apsup said:

Apreche said:

At least one benefit will be the vastly improved quality of Twitch's streaming technology.

Is it really? From my personal experience, average Twitch stream is of better quality than average YouTube stream.

The video quality of either is mostly dependent on the person streaming. On Twitch you mostly get people streaming a screen capture of some sort. On YouTube you mostly get people streaming real life. Streaming real life in high quality requires a high quality camera and advanced configurations. Output from a PC video card is going to be effectively perfect.

But video quality is not what I was talking about. I am referring to the quality of the backend infrastructure and interfaced used by people who stream. When you stream on YouTube you can do so many things that Twitch makes difficult. Chief amongst all is the fact that YouTube lets you preview your stream before going live.
  • Predictably, reddit is freaking the fuck out in the usual "Reddit fears and hates change" kind of way.
  • Churba said:

Predictably, reddit is freaking the fuck out in the usual "Reddit fears and hates change" kind of way.

s/reddit/humanity/
  • True, but I can stop being part of Reddit.
  • Starfox said:

Youtube buying Twitch.

Here is a YouTube video that is actually a playable game demo. So it's not entirely impossible for new creative uses to spring up.
  • Youtube's features for the person running a streaming live event are lightyears beyond Twitch's.
  • Testing out new camera streaming with some Earthbound!

Watch live video from apreche on www.twitch.tv
  • So far the best series of full let's plays: The Derp Crew Plays Worms.
  • Got a Destiny alpha key so I might try streaming it a bit after work if I can.

My channel is Watch live video from matatat on www.twitch.tv also
  • Gonna stream some Destiny even though I got to the alpha cap but I like playing it so I'm gonna play it.
  • I'm going to stream something really special after I eat dinner.
  • Now streaming the most anime video game of all time.

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

Watch live video from apreche on www.twitch.tv
  • edited September 2014
    Steam had a weekend Capcom sale which included a bunch of Resident Evil games (4+). Yesterday I streamed a bunch of Resident Evil (GameCube).

I remembered back in the day that Resident Evil games for GameCube were rare, and we scooped up a bunch of them used. At least, I thought we did, but I only have the first one.

Sure enough, it is quite difficult to get 2, 3, or Code: Veronica for GameCube without spending a ton of cash. I guess I can pirate/emulate the ones that are available for PSX, and maybe even PS2. Resident Evil Archives: 0 can be had for the Wii very cheaply.

Anyone got any ideas how to get these games easily? Maybe I'll get a PSX or PS2 for cheap, since it will be easier to stream that than asking my HTPC to emulate and stream/encode simultaneously.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited September 2014
    Are there no rips of Game Cube versions for you to emulate?

Oh, wait I missed the part of you not wanting to emulate. Still are they hard to find in emulatory form, for if I ever want to play them.
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • I'm sure you can easily find them for PS1-2 for emulation purposes.
  • Or if you wait long enough Capcom will re release them.theyre already confirmed to be remaking the RE 1 remake.
  • I'll be occasionally streaming my attempts at Destiny every now and then. You'll see the announcements for those who follow me on Twitter.

Watch live video from rosaka on www.twitch.tv

I really like how the PS4 makes it stupid easy to do such things. May need to get a better headset, but I'm in no rush.
  • I caught like 30 minutes of it after you killed the large snake. Is there any particular reason you decided to start playing this series?
  • Rochelle said:

I caught like 30 minutes of it after you killed the large snake. Is there any particular reason you decided to start playing this series?

There was a big Capcom sale over the weekend, and I picked up 6 and Revalations. I had already played Resident Evil 4 for GameCube, which is probably the best one. I played 5 on PC, and it was aight. I had 1 for GameCube just sitting there unplayed. Since it's getting cold now, exploring some spooky mansions is in season.
  • Revelations is a decent RE game but 5 and 6 make it look like fucking gold. I enjoyed it on 3DS.
  • Looks like Team ATW9K is doing 4 player co-op Borderlands 2 after our recording sessions on Thursdays. We may start streaming stuff soon.

I don't have access to twitch.tv right now, but I did find some helpful pointes on C-Net.

For those who stream via PC, do you use OBS or X-Split?
  • I use OBS mostly. That, or the janky software that came with the elgato.