This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Awesome Pro Wrestling Videos

Comments

• edited April 2014
    21-1.

Post edited by Neito on
  • I haven't cared much about wrestling at all since I was a kid, but even I know this is horseshit. I put this on the same level as the death of Superman.
  • I will say that every facial expression that is showcased in that video is gold though.
  • edited April 2014
    Jordan O. said:

I will say that every facial expression that is showcased in that video is gold though.

"Sad black guy in yes shirt" is now my Facebook cover picture.
    Apreche said:

I haven't cared much about wrestling at all since I was a kid, but even I know this is horseshit. I put this on the same level as the death of Superman.

Taker actually offered to give this wrestler the streak a few years ago. Taker never really cared about the streak; he didn't want it to overshadow his career.
  • Supposedly this may be Taker's last match. Apparently there is a tradition that a retiring wrestler always loses his last match.
  • A lot of people are saying that, but I doubt it. Too many people are pointing to him saying he wouldn't retire with The Streak as him saying that he'll retire now, but he never really said that.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked and terrified if he did retired, just weirded out a bit.
  • Well, given that he pretty much only wrestled at Wrestlemania for the past few years and everything I've heard has indicated his body is pretty broken down, I think it's probably time for him to retire. Here's hoping he's financially better off than, oh, say Hulk Hogan, so he wouldn't have to keep going well past his prime to make ends meet.
  • At a Wrestlemania party I attended the topic of discussion at one point was who would you chose?

The conversation got weird from there.
  • Brock beating the Undertaker does make sense from a business perspective. Taker is too old to keep going for much longer, if at all. Now that Brock beat him, they can shift the "spectacle" Wrestlemania match from "Who can beat the Streak??" to "Who can beat the man who beat the Streak??" And it allows them to tell different stories, since Taker was always universally cheered, and now the most dangerous man at Mania will be universally booed.
  • I tweeted this to Rym and Scott this morning, but if anyone missed it, WWE Network is doing a free trial again this week. They had me from the word go because I love being able to watch all the old PPVs and such I missed while also getting to ditch a lot of old DVDs. I highly encourage anyone who is interested in wrestling to at least do the trial.
  • Spoilers for tonight's (4/28) Raw, in case you haven't seen it yet:

In the span of one night, we got a choir of children in sheep masks singing "He's Got the Whole World in his Hands" along with a crazy bayou cult leader, a wrestler dressed as Magneto using his powers of magnetism against Hugh Jackman, and a Fire Demon that burst from under the ring attempting to drag a woman to hell.

Wrestling is awesome you guys.

• I wasn't sure if I should put this in the wrestling thread or the thing of the day thread but either way this video is awesome.

• TLC matches are the best matches.
  • I made a playlist of some cool stuff I found out there. Some of it is ROH, some of it is Japanese, some of it is NXT/FCW, and there's even some good old fasioned indy sleeze. Enjoy.
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLejYRw_6cmqqd7zLJdYxZ895k72GnGmJs
  • I felt like this needed to be shared. Found on a bathroom stall:

• That is pure win. Thank you for sharing.
  • Paul Heyman should never not have a microphone.

• My son's birthday happens to be 3/16. It's led to quite a few jokes on my part...
  • Paul Heyman is the best.

• PSI chokeslam!
  • So Smash Wrestling is doing something pretty cool. They're putting up a recent show, completely for free, and in HD to download. You just have to make an account with their store. Enjoy!
    http://smash-wrestling.com/product/rival-schools-2014-digital-download/
  • I really enjoy Bray Wyat. I just wish the prop department would make his lantern look less like an LED lamp you'd take camping.
    Also WWE fans need to stop chanting that everything is awesome. Awesome is starting to lose it's meaning when the prelude to a 3 on 1 beatdown is considered awesome. It's ok to cheer not in unison.
  • Yauddle said:

I really enjoy Bray Wyat. I just wish the prop department would make his lantern look less like an LED lamp you'd take camping.
    Also WWE fans need to stop chanting that everything is awesome. Awesome is starting to lose it's meaning when the prelude to a 3 on 1 beatdown is considered awesome. It's ok to cheer not in unison.

I just want to start cock-punching anyone who tries to start a "C-M-PUNK" chant. We get it, you want him back.
  • edited July 2014
    Hey Pro Wres people, I've been pestering Rym and Scott to do an episode on the topic for a while now. Let's team up and give them a nice pile of resources to reduce the amount of research they would need to do on their own and show that there is a good amount of excitement about making this happen.
    I'll start with the easy stuff.
    WWE Network The best legal archive of American professional wrestling out there. Yes, it's $10 a month, but they run free weeks every now and again and their quality is just better than most of the VHS rips hanging around Youtube.
    OSW Review is the best way to watch the Hulkamania era of WWF/WWE and they've begun to branch out covering WCW and ECW as well now. I think everything is on their Youtube channel now, but if now, here is their Vimeo channel.
    DoubleMiz has probably the best archive of the classic era of joshi(Japanese women's pro wrestling) that I've found.
    Inoki Era is a fantastic channel full of matches from the beginning of New Japan until its split with the Inoki family in 2006 or so
    I'll stop there. I'm sure I've missed some very obvious ones, but I plan on adding more over time and looking forward to what others will add.
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • I think if we are being honest with ourselves a more likely outcome would be for you/us ourselves to do a podcast or something on wrestling considering it's more in our wheelhouse that I suspect it will ever be in Rym or Scott's.
  • I could see Rym & Scott doing a podcast on their impressions and memories of what pro wrestling was in their youth and contrast that with what pro wresting is today. The only problem with that ides is it might just end up with the conclusion that pro wrestling is pretty much the same, except John Cena isn't as tan as Hulk Hogan.
    An alternative idea is Rym & Scott watch a wrestling PPV and then explain what happened. That might be more of a fastkarate idea, but I don't think Dave & Joel would watch any wrestling.
  • I don't have to watch any pro wrestling to describe what happened. I can do that right now.

Some steroid-infused, oiled-up dudes wearing little more than speedos grabbed each other for awhile. We're supposed to believe they were fighting, but they weren't.
  • Apreche said:

I don't have to watch any pro wrestling to describe what happened. I can do that right now.

Some steroid-infused, oiled-up dudes wearing little more than speedos grabbed each other for awhile. We're supposed to believe they were fighting, but they weren't.

Goes to show what you know. Most of the top of the roster wrestles in long pants or jeans now.
  • Neito said:

Apreche said:

I don't have to watch any pro wrestling to describe what happened. I can do that right now.

Goes to show what you know. Most of the top of the roster wrestles in long pants or jeans now.
    Kind of restricts movement, no?