This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX AUS 2014 OCT 30-NOV 1, 2014

Comments

• I have my two lectures. Outside of that, I want to play some games with you kids.
  • Your challenge is to PAX harder and more passionately than the PAX Prime cool kids.
  • edited September 2014
    I've got a place to stay, and I'm flying standby, plus Enforcing again, so I'll definitely be there, though how much time I have during the show is up in the air, since I'm probably managing again, but I'll try to be a bit more availiable. Post-PAX will be the same Bar-time same Bar-channel barring better suggestions, and we should take a trip out to Mrs Parma's at some point. Not much else I can think of right now.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It's right in the middle of school (last year I took time off work) so will only be around for the convention time, coming in at around 8pm or so on Thursday and leaving Monday morning.
    Churba said:

I've got a place to stay, and I'm flying standby, plus Enforcing again, so I'll definitely be there, though how much time I have during the show is up in the air, since I'm probably managing again, but I'll try to be a bit more availiable. Post-PAX will be the same Bar-time same Bar-channel barring better suggestions, and we should take a trip out to Mrs Parma's at some point. Not much else I can think of right now.

What night for Mrs. Parma's?
    How much time does Enforcing eat into your gaming time?
  • edited September 2014
    sK0pe said:

What night for Mrs. Parma's?
    How much time does Enforcing eat into your gaming time?

TBA, or more accurately, To be organized. Whatever is best for the most people. At least it's a bit easier than, say, Go-karts.

Post edited by Churba on
  • My panel schedule is altering slightly to get into a room with the tech I want, but it's still close to what I posted before. I should be getting into town the night before PAX, so I really won't be free until Friday. Flying back Monday, but I can stay out all night Sunday after the on for sure.
  • Sunday night sessions sound the business!
  • Ok then I guess I can sleep on the flight home. :^)
  • edited September 2014
    OKAY.

So, I'm managing Kookaburra Theatre this year, 480 cap. Come on up and say hi.

As for Sunday, I figure we up stakes from the MCEC, catch transport across the river, go hit Mrs Parms(just off exhibition street) for a meal and a pre-drinking pint, then take a brief walkin' around lookin' around to retire to the Asian beer cafe. Should be a 15 minute walk between the two, straight shot up Lonsdale, then hang a right on Swanston street, and we're pretty much there. Opinions, input, feedback?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Sounds good, will be there.
  • edited September 2014
    I'm back again this year - hoping to play/GM a few more RPGs this time round.

Edit: also anyone doing touristy stuff hit me up as I work for one of the major attractions here and can give assistance.
    Post edited by Ishmael Dummy on
  • I hope to be in Melbourne Wednesday or Thursday before the con. Sorting out the last details currently.
  • I'm wheels down 2:15 PM on the 30th, wheels up 4PM on the 4th.

I also heard about this locked room mystery thing that's popped up in melbourne that I want to check out, but may not have the time. I'll have to see how I go on the Monday.
  • edited October 2014
    In my case it's wheels down 11:40AM on the 30th and up 4PM on the 3rd.

So, I imagine an FRC meetup on Thursday evening/night can be a thing?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I'm in like Flynn, though I do have Pre-pax enforcer stuff earlier that night. Ideas?
  • Airline changed my flight, arriving 7pm on the 30th.
    Leaving 10:35am on the 3rd.

Damn, will have to check in and find out how far you guys are away from my hotel. I'll be about 9 minutes away from the MCEC (Spencer Street).

What time does the Enforcer preparation end on Thursday night Churba?

Where were we meeting up on Thursday night?
  • Well, my tickets just came in the mail. This shit is real!

We don't yet have plans for Thursday night, but now is the time to make them.

• Well, my tickets just came in the mail. This shit is real!

We don't yet have plans for Thursday night, but now is the time to make them.

So did mine! Except, I'm enforcing (that badge hasn't arrived yet), and I definitely had them refunded, the money arrived in my account. Shit, I'd better email someone about this.
    sK0pe said:

Unknown, but shouldn't be too late.

• edited October 2014
    Churba said:

sK0pe said:

Unknown, but shouldn't be too late.
    OK, cool.

I don't really know Melbourne at all so I'm not going to suggest a meeting place. Anyone have any ideas?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Rym is already rated at 5 stars in the guide book along side Chris Roberts.
  • Well, that settles it, Pre-pax drinks at Chris Roberts.
  • I'm in Sydney now for the other show. Speaking at that tomorrow, then fucking about in Sydney for the weekend. I think I'll fly to Melbourne Monday night. Definitely be there Thursday morning onward at the latest.

Whatever you guys are doing pre-pax, I am up for your reindeer games. ;)
  • Haven't been around much, but I'd love to join in a meetup :) My partner and I are driving from Adelaide to Melbourne on Thursday, but we should be there by early evening.
  • Nice. Thursday I think will be some later afternoon games for anyone around, some dinner, and then drinks and games until we all fall asleep.
  • I'm not too jealous, I'm going to be playing board games all day Saturday.

But still... jealous of the Australian vacation.
  • Is anyone that's going a native Melbournite/have any place suggestions? Its been a few years since I've spent any serious amount of time in Melbourne, but I can suggest a few places if no one else has any ideas.
  • Probably a good idea, we appear to be short of them. And more information isn't going to hurt regardless.
  • Can I ask a small favor of you upside-down lot? If Riot Entertainment is there, and it's not a huge imposition on something awesomer that you could be doing, could one of you grab one of those "Free skin" cards that Riot likes to hand out at every PAX?
  • edited October 2014
    Easy, I'll be sure to grab some for you. I don't even remember picking any up last time, and I still ended up with a half-dozen or so.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Sweet, thanks.