This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Wednesday - Vampire Hunter D and Gundam The Origin

Vampire Hunter D (1985), the OAV that was Rym's first anime, and Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin, the fantastic manga, are the topics of tonight's GeekNights. Otakon 2015's attendance dropped substantially, and we speculate on what this means in light of near across-the-board drops for many other anime/fan conventions, nonetheless contrasted by growth in other cons like Anime Boston 2015.

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• Oh yeah, I touch on it briefly. The new season of Rick and Morty continues to live up to how great that show is. Episode one is extremely clever.
  • While I don't want to start a whole Wheel Of Time derail, I feel like I should address your complaints that the kids don't discuss anything with anyone. It should be noted that they are superstitious villagers who spent their whole lives being paranoid and xenophobic of outsiders, and it's going to take a little time to break them of that mindset. It does happen.

These characters each have their own Hero's Journey to undergo, and they all come a long way from the scared kids who don't know anything about the world beyond their own village. That said, once Mat deals with the dagger plot, he becomes the best character.
  • UncleUlty said:

While I don't want to start a whole Wheel Of Time derail, I feel like I should address your complaints that the kids don't discuss anything with anyone. It should be noted that they are superstitious villagers who spent their whole lives being paranoid and xenophobic of outsiders, and it's going to take a little time to break them of that mindset. It does happen.

These characters each have their own Hero's Journey to undergo, and they all come a long way from the scared kids who don't know anything about the world beyond their own village. That said, once Mat deals with the dagger plot, he becomes the best character.

Hey SGDQ had a wheel of time speed run in 20 minutes you guys are slow ;)
  • You just gave me a great idea for a speedrun video.
  • visual novel?
  • edited August 2015
    I'd love to hear a comparison between the 1980's Vampire Hunter D and the 1990's Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Speaking on the MTA issue this is one of the issues effecting Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants. We are updating them as fast as we can but most are underfunded or can't handle the new requirements to treat rain water now for runoff. Many plants can't handle flooding situations and just output raw sewage into streams and rivers.

http://www.vice.com/video/you-dont-know-shit-full-185