This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

We Know the Devil

I kept seeing We Know The Devil pop up on my twitter feed. I've never played through a visual novel before, but I'd watched a few let's plays (mostly making fun of bad ones) and I decided to try it out.

First off, great price ($6.66), though I think people would pay more if given the option.
I really enjoyed the uncomfortable music and the sketchbook style art.

On my first play through I found the story to be weird and I felt like I was missing something. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It had a nice mix of humor and weirdness, but the story felt like it was talking around something instead of about something. When I went back and played through the options to get the other endings was when it clicked for me. You can't get the whole story if you only play through once.

I really enjoyed the experience overall and the final "secret" ending was icing on the cake.

So get out there and give it a try, you'll like it. After all, we all know who the devil is.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Just started a Let's Play of this game today. Gonna have to record the rest of the footage for it all in one go tomorrow because I'm dying to know how it all turns out. Also, Neptune is a literal treasure, oh my god.
    Post edited by Eryn on