This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Monday - Don't Share your Password

Don't share your password. Ever. With anyone. Tonight on GeekNights, we talk about why. We also talk about the most complex haunted house "plot" we've ever seen, why you can't run an email server anymore, and how Lenovo (who you should never trust ever) made a table-computer competitor.

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• That Seinfeld came up in discussion, but not in the actual episode.
  • edited October 2015
    hunter2
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Andrew said:

hunter2

Weird, all I see is stars.
  • Starfox said:

Andrew said:

hunter2

Weird, all I see is stars.
    I've gotten that "joke" to work on a surprising amount of people.
  • When desperate times call for desperate measures, and a shared password must be established, I always go for length. Length wins over complexity anyway, and your group of password-holders is more likely to remember a complete sentence.
  • On a few cruise ships I've played with the (old) Surface, always in a bar, and only ever to play cards and stuff.
  • What if the present day digital board game solution is, tablets + big screen.

Secret information shows in each players own tablet, while the main game board is displayed on a generic large LCD screen. Like if the Wii U had more than 1 tablet controller
  • Dazzle369 said:

What if the present day digital board game solution is, tablets + big screen.

Secret information shows in each players own tablet, while the main game board is displayed on a generic large LCD screen. Like if the Wii U had more than 1 tablet controller

You mean the thing we have been asking for for about 15 years?
  • Why not use a device the size of a small car?

• Another password joke

• Dazzle369 said:

MATATAT said:

Another password joke

y u do dis?
  • lol whoops.
  • okeefe said:

Why not use a device the size of a small car?

Aw, I was about to post that one!
  • You don't need "table computers" just more screens that you can cast to from phones. Having a personal computer in your pocket that can pass information to any screen or peripheral is way better than a stationary computer. Or stream video out from another PC to a screen.