This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pixar Shorts and Feature-Length Films

1234568»

Comments

• It looks like the psychological equivalent of Cranium Command. There's a reason they got rid of Cranium Command...
  • Everyone who loves Pixar movies should go see Inside Out. It's pretty amazing. Hopefully we are back to great Pixar quality if The Last Dinosaur also pays off. I found the short before hand to be really adorable too, like a fairytale lullaby.

Since we finally had a great movie once again, I took the time to identify my ratings for all the Pixar Movies.

S Tier: The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Toy Story 3

A+ Tier: Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo

A Tier: WALL-E, Up, Inside Out, Monsters Inc.

A- Tier: Toy Story

B Tier: A Bug's Life

C Tier: Cars

D+ Tier: Monsters University

D Tier: Brave

F Tier: Cars 2
  • Hmm. I would not have put toy story 3 above the others. The first is the best story wise imo but the cg doesn't hold up that well.
  • I'd personally put 1 & 3 in a tie. I felt 2 was the weakest one in the trilogy.
  • I agree with Daikun, personally would have place WALL-E higher, The Incredibles way lower and Ratatouille lower but everyone has their personal favourites.
  • edited June 2015
    I only watched 3 once and I remember it sorta being on par with the second one, or even a little lower. I enjoyed the second one when it came out but it was definitely how old I was at the time.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

I only watched 3 once and I remember it sorta being on par with the second one, or even a little lower. I enjoyed the second one when it came out but it was definitely how old I was at the time.

Same. I've seen Ratatouille and The Incredibles multiple times, yet I only watched Toy Story 3 once. Easily one of my most emotional moments in a theater.
    sK0pe said:

I agree with Daikun, personally would have place WALL-E higher, The Incredibles way lower and Ratatouille lower but everyone has their personal favourites.

Pretty much. I thought it'd be fun to sort them out between people as many sort amongst what is the best. When your track record is 9 out of 14 for possibly the best movie of the studio, you've done pretty damn well.
  • Interesting that the CG background and world is incredibly realistic but Pixar are smart enough to make the characters cartoony so as not to creep out the audience.
  • A crapton of info today at Disney's D23 Expo!

Finding Dory details.

The plot for Toy Story 4.

Inside Out home release on October 13, includes new short.

Devin Faraci is Tweeting like crazy at the event, and this came as a surprise...

• Damn I thought this was going to be a fishing based movie.
  • Not officially Pixar, but the two guys who made it used to work there. The Dam Keeper. It's an 18 minute run time. I really like the animation style with the brush stroke effects. It was nominated for an Oscar, but lost to Feast (the Disney animation with the dog that aired in front of Big Hero 6). There was a nice little moment I wasn't expecting during that film.

There is also going to be a graphic novel too, which is something I'm more than likely going to get.
  • The article says that Pixar has no sequels in the pipeline at the moment, but that their official plan is to keep making sequels in the future.
  • The Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4 have swapped release dates.
  • The Cars 3 teaser is out, and it's Pixar's darkest teaser yet.

• Daikun said:

The Cars 3 teaser is out, and it's Pixar's darkest teaser yet.

I predict that he's either going to become a Doc Hudson character for another racer or that THEY HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. THEY WILL REBUILD HIM.

If they legitimately kill him off, I'd be surprised.
  • Mater just rocks up to the hospital, and as the nurses leave, sneaks into his room. Holds a pillow over his air intake until he stops trying to steer or spin his wheels. A single oily tear runs down his cheek, as he says "Git 'r Done, buddy."
  • Churba said:

Mater just rocks up to the hospital, and as the nurses leave, sneaks into his room. Holds a pillow over his air intake until he stops trying to steer or spin his wheels. A single oily tear runs down his cheek, as he says "Git 'r Done, buddy."

Million Dollar Baby was a shitty movie.
  • Churba said:

Mater just rocks up to the hospital, and as the nurses leave, sneaks into his room. Holds a pillow over his air intake until he stops trying to steer or spin his wheels. A single oily tear runs down his cheek, as he says "Git 'r Done, buddy."

But at least it wasn't Cars 2.
  • Daikun said:

Churba said:

But at least it wasn't Cars 2.
    That was my favorite Cars movie. Mater has so much heart and he doesn't have a mean bolt in his body, always trying to do the right thing and help whenever he can.