This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest 14 (2016)

Comments

• I wish I could meet those two. I've literally watched every episode of extra credits at least 3 times.
  • I met James at Magfest 2014 and he was very worth talking to. Apparently he's sort of friends with a close friend of mine, so...Connections, I guess?
  • James is likely going to be on one of my panels.
  • A reminder in case you were not aware: panels are due on December 1st with the massive scheduling taking place later in the same month.
  • Sadly missed an awesome party *shakes fist* to attend MAGCon aka the annual staff meeting in person for MAGFest. A few things to note:

NO MORE WRISTBANDS

Office team is doing agile programming techniques for tasks

The amount of me working the event is almost nothing! However more pre planning than last year

The short list of panels have been selected and I can say most of the crap you saw in the past is not comming back. I can't tell you exactly what's there yet but for those who missed my 2 hour Panel at connecticon can see it there ;)

I found that guy in our department, I almost punched him a few times, our head was awesome in taking the blunt of the stoner philopher bullshit questions away from me.

Handicapped showers need a drain to not flood the rest of the bathroom

Nandos is still awesome, but new challengers have been added to the harbors

Secret parking lot is still legit

If any general Panel questions are here let me know, thanks.

• This is a nice warning to those who are planning on going. If you have not bought a ticket yet, you might want to grab one before the start of the new year. Just saying...
  • Oh man. I am IN to this.
  • Coldguy said:

This is a nice warning to those who are planning on going. If you have not bought a ticket yet, you might want to grab one before the start of the new year. Just saying...

Noted, I shall prod my brother.
  • My ticket and room were bought so long ago I forgot I did it :-p
  • We probably got 3 years left of being able to get tickets to this in a reasonable time frame. Not sure if it will ever get to a PAX level of demand but it's getting scary.
  • It'll get to PAX level. A lot of people can't go to local PAXes anymore because of ticket scarcity. Most of those people have no idea MAGFest exists.

You'd be surprised how many gamers who frequent conventions have never heard of MAGFest.
  • edited December 2015
    Rym said:

You'd be surprised how many gamers who frequent conventions have never heard of MAGFest.

Seriously they are not at critical Nerd mass yet and give it two years and it will stike. I am thinking the PAX V MAGFest thing was better for MAGFest since a new audience were introduced to them being and PAX using the live streams for breaks were the best commercials they could ask for.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • So they just made the announcement, so I suggest getting the tickets ASAP now, I Fight Dragons is going to be performing at MAGFest this year.
  • Shit. I want to go, but I'm broke. I need a benefactor.
  • @Apreche please do the thing Rym keeps telling you to do so that you are off the list I keep getting emailed about.
  • Coldguy said:

@Apreche please do the thing Rym keeps telling you to do so that you are off the list I keep getting emailed about.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
  • Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

@Apreche please do the thing Rym keeps telling you to do so that you are off the list I keep getting emailed about.

Fill out the form so that you get your free badge.
  • Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

I filled out the form a long time ago. If there is another form I have to fill out, I was never given a link to it.
  • Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

I filled out the form a long time ago. If there is another form I have to fill out, I was never given a link to it.
    Check your PM.
  • Tweet from @MAGFest:

Do you have burning questions about MAGFest? Well, we’re doing a Reddit AMA on Jan. 21st at 1 PM! Get excited to grill us about anything!

For the people on Reddit could you suggest badge mailing?

• In case anyone is interested the film festival is always high tier and worth checking out when you have some time.
  • Schedule's actually looking pretty good. Much less fluff panel content: much bigger focus on game design and such.
  • Rym said:

Schedule's actually looking pretty good. Much less fluff panel content: much bigger focus on game design and such.

That was the goal if all goes well I can give more details about it soon...
  • If you submitted a panel keep an eye on your email, the schedule is set (for now barring annoying things that happen at every convention).
  • Oh before I forget for those who want to see my penultimate cut of the Nerd Music Panel it will be on Sunday morning at 10 AM with the most hardcore version I have ever done.
  • If we didn't have panels we could.
  • I gotta see what the other tournament schedules are like but I'd be down if this doesn't conflict with anything.
  • Warning: catchy MAGFest hype song
  • If someone can spot me airfare and a room I'd totally be on team FRCF