This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGCondo 2016: Once more unto the breach

Time to get my ducks in order for MAGFest Prime.

As of right now I'm expecting to have 3 slots available in my room. From the preliminary research, it sounds like it's going to be $160 per person. 2 Baths, one bedroom with a King Size bed, one bedroom with 2 at least Full-sized beds.

For newcomers: It's a vacation suite at the Wyndham which is next to Nando's and on top of the CVS. It is right next to the ST. Georges parking structure. Check in is usually Wednesday Afternoon 4PMish and check out is Monday Morning at 10AM.

Shout out here if you want a spot. So far Myself, Coldguy, Neito, Yusuke, and (maybe) Pence are the core five so far.

Comments

• Update: MAGCondo reservations are go. Check in is the 17th (Wed) Check out is the 23rd (Tues)

First come, first served. However thing can always change and if someone has to cancel I'll just go down to the next name on the list.
  • Right now, I basically have room for two more people.
  • Fuck it, I'm in.
  • Or not...

Plans changed? What happened?
  • AAAI'16 paper got rejected, and I don't want to pay for my own plane tickets to the U.S.
  • That puts us back to 1 open space, possibly 2 depending on if I hear from people.
  • Raithnor said:

That puts us back to 1 open space, possibly 2 depending on if I hear from people.

Its 2 the other guy got back to me.
  • edited November 2015
    Do you still have a spot? And would you be willing to accept some random geek stranger? If so, let me see if I can take off work then
    Post edited by edifolco25 on
  • I managed to find number 8. If I haven't talked to you personally there is no more room at MAGCondo. However, if you are interested in a wait list please put your name down here. Sometimes life happens and there's a last minute cancellation.
  • If you are in the MAGCONDO, I will need the payment by the 10th of January at the absolute latest. DM me if you need PayPal info.

I have monies from Coldguy, Yusuke, and Edifolco25
  • Throwing it out there for the peoples at the MAGCondo. I always love to bake/bring food to the convention to save money on snacking/meals. Even though there's a kitchen at the Condo, I'd still want to do it.

Does anyone have any food preferences or allergies? I'm planning to make three tarts: one Bacon/Leek, one Onion/Cabbage, and one Butterscotch/Cinnamon. And a ton of Peanut Butter Cookies as I normally do. Also, if anyone has a particular style of craft beer they like, I'm planning to by a case or something before I come by. Just a heads up!
  • Those sound awesome!
  • Just as a place holder PM me if you need my phone number. I'll be at the hotel by 4PM on Wednesday, provided work doesn't pull some last minute bullshit.
  • Nukerjsr said:

Throwing it out there for the peoples at the MAGCondo. I always love to bake/bring food to the convention to save money on snacking/meals. Even though there's a kitchen at the Condo, I'd still want to do it.

Does anyone have any food preferences or allergies? I'm planning to make three tarts: one Bacon/Leek, one Onion/Cabbage, and one Butterscotch/Cinnamon. And a ton of Peanut Butter Cookies as I normally do. Also, if anyone has a particular style of craft beer they like, I'm planning to by a case or something before I come by. Just a heads up!

First of all, butterscotch/cinnamon? Please tell me that's a blatant Undertale reference!

I'll bring some cookies for the room as well, nothing fancy, just the normal ones I bake. As far as drinking goes, I was also going to bring rum and something to mix it with. If that sounds good to anyone I'll bring extra. Actually, I make this really good rum punch that my brother in law came up with, I'll make that if everyone in the room is interested. Even friends of mine that pretty much never drink enjoy this stuff.

One quick noob question, where does everyone park for this? I've only ever stayed at the Gaylord, and they have parking there. Is there parking at this hotel or do you typically use a public lot?
  • There's a parking lot across the street called the St. George's parking lot. That's usually the best place to park.
  • Hit a little snag after work due to a flat tire, but that's taken care of, and I'm ready to hit the road. See all of you there.