This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest 14 (2016)

Comments

• I don't want to rely too much on library games, for offsite hotel or suite gaming.
  • Remember I can pull games u der the table for offsite gaming use, just let me know which ones.
  • To all presenter people, ping me if you want to do an hour panel (your choice) on Friday, might need a last second bail request.
  • I've been slowly piecing togetherr my schedule of stuff to do at the event but Scrym's panels are the following:

11:30 AM Friday MAGES 2 Designing Game Rules

2:30 PM Friday MAGES 1 Far future of Gaming

5:30 PM Friday MAGES 3 Atari Game Design

This does not count where they are talking in a formal panel but those are the lectures I could find on the schedule.
  • edited February 2016

Hype is hitting hard time to bring up the classic promo.

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Somewhat related to MAGFest, but am I the only one who wishes they would name the convention based on the current year? What's so wrong with MAGFest 2016? Who cares that this is the 14th MAGFest at this point? It's just confusing when I talk to people about it and looking up stuff online.
  • Didn't they announce recently that future MAGs would be named primarily by their year?
  • Is the MAGFest Schedule on Guidebook yet?
  • Didn't they announce recently that future MAGs would be named primarily by their year?

Yes starting next year.
    Nukerjsr said:

Is the MAGFest Schedule on Guidebook yet?

No we are working on it, GB doesn't like spreadsheet importing.
  • Coldguy said:

Didn't they announce recently that future MAGs would be named primarily by their year?

Yes starting next year.
    Nukerjsr said:

Is the MAGFest Schedule on Guidebook yet?

No we are working on it, GB doesn't like spreadsheet importing.
    Good to know!
  • That's big for me and the lady. We didn't listen to conventional wisdom and only got hotels six months ago when everything was full so we're like 3 miles away. There's a shuttle but, I dunno. I have no idea what we're doing for getting there. This is good for options value.
  • Anyone making an FRC group chat for MAGFest this year?
  • Coldguy said:

Anyone making an FRC group chat for MAGFest this year?

Once we're there. We will make the fuck out of it.
  • Guidebook is out, and I noticed something on the schedule.

"Dance Got 7's Just Right" - Feb 20th at 10:00 AM until 11:00 AM - Panels 4

I'm sure I'm the only one here who knows what Got 7's Just Right is. Here it is.

Apparently there are KPop fans at MAGFest besides me, and they do panels. I'll have to go recruit them for CTCon.

Also, there's no way you can teach someone that dance in an hour.
  • Apreche said:

Guidebook is out, and I noticed something on the schedule.

"Dance Got 7's Just Right" - Feb 20th at 10:00 AM until 11:00 AM - Panels 4

I'm sure I'm the only one here who knows what Got 7's Just Right is. Here it is.

That was my call to add them on there, so there is at least two people.
  • I have a request for someone to find and report on the quality of this game.

• Coldguy said:

Cool Video

That video basically decided I'm going to magfest next year.
  • Anyone here interested in forming a Starship Horizon group? It's a bridge simulator similar to Artemis that will be at MAGFest. They usually have several different setups so there are more chance to get a session in.
  • edited February 2016
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Sad news, my brother in law has to back out due to a death in the family.
  • I am sorry to hear that MacRoss I hope everything is well for him and your family.

Old hype video
  • Oh I forgot to share this:

Plus there is a dress reversal of the grimdark live fighting event on Wednesday.
  • Promo for the Nerd war (Saturday 1:00 PM courtyard by panels 3)

• Immediate! I have an open slot on Thursday if you want to run your panel (like 4:30) let me know if interested.
  • I started packing games.

Fun fact: the first generation of German board games in the US have the WORST BOXING OMFG....
  • Thank goodness for those Packaging science majors right Rym ^_^
  • Pretty sure back then all the boxes were just big open cardboard boxes with no layout, and they dumped everything inside with baggies. I think I didn't see plastic insert trays until Puerto Rico and Alhambra.