This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Wednesday - PLANETES Manga

Tonight on GeekNights we review Makoto Yukimura's PLANETES. It's slice of life space garbage men. Some of the character of Patlabor with the sensibility of Space Brothers. In the news, Katsucon's hotel damage made the rounds in the media, but the real story you should read is that of RainFurrest. You can see their (too little, too late) letter to their attendees, posted before they fully lost the venue. IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOUUUUU!. (Except, probably, for the diapers). Smut Peddler's Monster Boyfriend Anthology features, among many other big names, the creative talent behind Oglaf (NSFW). A how to draw like Ryoichi Ikegami book exists.

The GeekNights Patreon has exclusive content, and is very close to its first goal!

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• I'm sure Will he run was a thing before. I knew what it was just from the title, and I can't imagine hearing about it anywhere else.
  • edited February 2016
    I'm like 90% sure you've talked about Planetes before. Although it's possible that AWO did it and I'm remembering poorly.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • We did indeed do WILL HE RUN?! a long long time ago. And I needed it for something, discovering that it was a broken link and re-finding it.
  • Macross 82-89 gives me those retro anime music feels. Loving the Jutsu-EP

http://macross82-99.bandcamp.com/album/jutsu-ep
  • So, all the Rainfurrest stuff was very focused on the systemic problems. But, the articles all seemed to reference "the thing that happened" that was beyond the pale, that pushed everything over the line never to return.

I think I stumbled onto what it was...
  • Rym said:

So, all the Rainfurrest stuff was very focused on the systemic problems. But, the articles all seemed to reference "the thing that happened" that was beyond the pale, that pushed everything over the line never to return.

I just assumed it was actual beastiality and moved on without looking into it further.
  • edited February 2016
    Rym said:

Do I... Do I want to know?

Post edited by Naoza on
  • Diapers.

Don't look for yourself.
  • So what? Its a kink thing or a I can't be bothered to change out of my furry costume. So I'm gonna wear this diaper...
  • Wearing fetish gear and/or diapers (as part of fetish gear) in the convention area and/or hotel lobby.

Diapers left behind in several places.

Soiled diapers left outside of hotel room doors, in the parking garage, etc...

Read and grok this statement. Really grok it.

• Yeah.

In some ways, the unusual sex-positivity of furries is great.

And then no one steps up to tell people like this that you can't just abandon social graces and treat entire events as a kink club.

This is geek social fallacy 101, people.
  • edited February 2016
    Rym said:

At least they're on the road to improvement?
    pence said:

This is geek social fallacy 101, people.

I'm really glad I got to read that. A whole hot mess of past social interactions have just been shown in a new light. This is a bit to digest, I may have to show this to some people.

Post edited by Naoza on
  • It's hilarious how people in that thread are like "Oh, but it's only five badges pulled out of 2500!" - the First PAX AUS, more more than 40K attended, pulled less than ten, AFAIK.
  • Naoza said:

Rym said:

...A whole hot mess...
    ...a bit to digest...
    ...I may have to show this to some people.
    Too soon.
  • you guys are soooo ooooooold

• Macintosh Plus is the album cover that Anthony and I are referring to when we call the Cretian statue "vaporwave" in Thebes.
  • Ikatono said:

you guys are soooo ooooooold

A E S T H E T I C

apparently.
  • E X A C T L Y
  • Churba said:

It's hilarious how people in that thread are like "Oh, but it's only five badges pulled out of 2500!" - the First PAX AUS, more more than 40K attended, pulled less than ten, AFAIK.

I'm trying to remember, it was less than 5, in fact I don't think we actually pulled any although we did kick 2 guys out early who had one day passes due to them harassing a cosplayer. If they had had 3 day passes they would have gotten pulled so it kinda counts depending on how you want to look at it.

• In my experience, from touring a venue as part of the staff of a con, the upper managers and decision makers knew exactly what they were dealing with. My time behind the curtains at Mag Fest advising on issues I saw that the venue's managers knew exactly what was going on, knew how much damage would be done and knew the difference between an event like Mag Fest and an anime con.