This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• I will be in, but not right at launch.
  • edited May 2016
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited May 2016
    Looks accurate. I've only made PotG once on PC with Hanzo when I just happened to position his super right. Other than that there are times when I was like "damn, that was a good run" and then it shows a Bastion player shooting like two dudes. I don't get it.

I decided to play on PS4 a bit too when there was the open weekend just to see how it felt. I ended up streaking PotG like 3 games in a row somehow. But I think it was just because people on PS4 kinda seemed to suck at the game.

Also for the record the controls are pretty bad on console.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • We've pre-ordered & looking forward to brawling with all of you.
  • This might be my game.

I haven't felt what I feel now since Weapons Factory.

• I'll be healing someone.
  • I'm gonna buy this game, then make a video about the sound design so I can justify it as a business expense and write it off.
  • I'm gonna buy this game, then make a video about the sound design so I can justify it as a business expense and write it off.

Crafty
  • MATATAT said:

I'm gonna buy this game, then make a video about the sound design so I can justify it as a business expense and write it off.

Crafty
    It'll be Behind the Screen's first video game episode.
  • Just note that AFAICT, they moved up the release date to tomorrow.
  • I was excited to play this soon, but looks like I won't be able to play on release day because of work reasons (we're rolling out the quarterly patch to one of our systems), and on Wednesday I was invited to go watch "KISS rocks Vegas" in the cinema. Fortunately Thursday is a holiday and I also have all of next week off for different circumstances.
  • So it's $40 on blizzard's software launcher. Is the price going to go up after release or something?
  • So it's $40 on blizzard's software launcher. Is the price going to go up after release or something?

No. That's the regular game. The others are just added skins and stuff for other blizzard games.
  • I'm ThatGent#1420 if anyone wants to play in a half hour.
  • Played few rounds and taking a break. Feels very chaotic lots of stuff happening constantly around the objective. I assume it gets better after I learn the different heroes and what to look for while playing.

So far my most fun matches have been the first one where I went with Mercy all the way and was able to just focus on not standing in enemy fire and healing allies. In my last game I played some Mei, and while I'm not sure how useful all my ice wall spamming was, I had fun with it, running around and being annoying.
  • I'll always vote for a healer. Even if they're on the other team. All things serve the healing beam.
  • People still don't understand this concept:

• chaosof99#2949, though I'm connected to Europe.
  • edited May 2016
    Ours don't arrive until tomorrow T_T AMAZONNNN *shakes fist*
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • I'm on as VictorFrost. I don't know why you guys have weird names and shit.
  • edited May 2016

I'm on as VictorFrost. I don't know why you guys have weird names and shit.

Because there is a difference between your username and your user ID. This allows multiple people to use the same name. You get your userid when you click on your username in the top right in the battlenet window.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Blizzard really dropped the ball with not being able to save highlights. Already some amazing teamwork is being lost to the ether.
  • chaosof99 said:

I'm on as VictorFrost. I don't know why you guys have weird names and shit.

Because there is a difference between your username and your user ID. This allows multiple people to use the same name. You get your userid when you click on your username in the top right in the battlenet window.
    Ah. Evidently I'm VictorFrost#11151.
  • Rosaka#11999 So easy to remember. I heal you. Let me heal you.

I can now actually take advantage of my two 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch during my work at home days. :D
  • ThatGent said:

Blizzard really dropped the ball with not being able to save highlights. Already some amazing teamwork is being lost to the ether.

Yeah that was something even in the beta I assumed was just available. Then I realized you couldn't :/
  • Had a 4 person in a row kill streak as Pharah. Junkrat gets the PotG for killing two people sort of close together. -_-
  • There are certain heroes that I struggle to play against.

Bastion as a turret: I've had some success with using pharah at medium/long range by popping out of cover briefly for each rocket. I've also been able to use Mei by popping up a wall in front of bastion but at range is hard because you can not aim it well and risk raising him instead and giving him some nice height advantage. I have yet to play junkrat but I think this might be the counter?

Tracer: good luck doing anything to her unless she suicides into your whole team.