This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mad Max

So, this is coming out.

Talk about the movies here.

Comments

• I only watched them for the first time recently (<5 years ago) and I must admit they do hold up fairly well.
  • I dunno, I'm not super enthusiastic about it. American cars, main characters are non-Australian actors(at least their mostly British, so we've a hope of decent accents, at least), all the Australians we know of cast as the villains(including Rictus Erectus, named after his father, Death Boner).

On the other hand, it is George miller writing and directing, along with Brendan McCarthy from Freakwave, and at least they bothered to cast some Australians in the first place, so I guess I can't be too down on it. Toecutter is back, as someone else for obvious, 30-years-on reasons.

I suppose I'm just a bit worried that it's going to be another situation like the god-awful american recut-and-dub versions of the Mad Max films. But, we'll have to wait and see, I guess - very few details have emerged, so it's not easy to tell at this point.
  • Watched it last night and REALLY enjoyed it.

I didn't watch all the originals so I don't know that much about the franchise. We'll see what the true fans think about it :)

• edited May 2015
    Churba said:

I dunno, I'm not super enthusiastic about it. American cars, main characters are non-Australian actors(at least their mostly British, so we've a hope of decent accents, at least), all the Australians we know of cast as the villains(including Rictus Erectus, named after his father, Death Boner).

On the other hand, it is George miller writing and directing, along with Brendan McCarthy from Freakwave, and at least they bothered to cast some Australians in the first place, so I guess I can't be too down on it. Toecutter is back, as someone else for obvious, 30-years-on reasons.

I suppose I'm just a bit worried that it's going to be another situation like the god-awful american recut-and-dub versions of the Mad Max films. But, we'll have to wait and see, I guess - very few details have emerged, so it's not easy to tell at this point.

Yeah Tom Hardy's accent sounds kinda off but I assumed since he was in the movie he was Australian. But basically everyone is British.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

Churba said:

I dunno, I'm not super enthusiastic about it. American cars, main characters are non-Australian actors(at least their mostly British, so we've a hope of decent accents, at least), all the Australians we know of cast as the villains(including Rictus Erectus, named after his father, Death Boner).

Yeah at first I was like Tom Hardy's accent sounds kinda off but I assumed since he was in the movie he was Australian. But yeah basically everyone is British.
    I thought he had bad ADR, but that got fixed when the mask came off. It was best to keep his delivery minimal as it's appropriate for the character.

I actually would say Nux (Nicholas Hoult) was perhaps the best character of the film. He encapsulates the spirit and mentality of this world perfectly by believing in the glory of Fury Road. He plays a surprisingly integral part to the film from set-piece to set-piece, but his development is incredible. His beliefs, the relationship he builds with the group, and how he fights, drives, and works on the engines. I loved how all the "warboys" would spray Chorme on their face.
  • MATATAT said:

Yeah Tom Hardy's accent sounds kinda off but I assumed since he was in the movie he was Australian. But basically everyone is British.

I'll let him off for that one, because he's got like 5 lines in the whole movie, and it's not that bad. Less is more on this one, I guess.