This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Awesome Pro Wrestling Videos

Comments

• Is that just for the internet, or will it be in the show tonight?
  • That is just for Internet
  • Ah right. It was blocked in Germany, but I downloaded it. Fun little match.
  • Dat Aztec Warfare tho. I think I need a cigarette after that episode.
  • My favourite moment was when, while some stuff was happening on stage, Jack "The Dragon Slayer" Evans bounces down the stairs in the background. Zoom out and Drago is standing up at the top.

So many other great moments too. I'm definitely going to watch it again at the weekend.
  • edited March 2016
    My favorite spot was Mil getting duffed by my favorite pissed off ninja skeleton and pinned in 20 seconds. Mantanza being top monster to beat while Mil is busy with Pentagon is gonna be great.
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • Lucha Underground continues. The triples title rounds are so much stupid fun. Whoever is scripting this knows exactly what they are doing, and is winking so hard at the audience.

"Oh, we're going to be the this series' unlikely triples team, are we?"
    "Yes."

Mil vs Matanza next week might be pretty epic.
  • Caught up with Lucha Underground, loving the story telling that they are doing and explaining things on multiple levels. Anyone know of a non iTunes way I can download these episodes I want to cut this into a panel for future use.
  • edited April 2016
    Coldguy said:

Caught up with Lucha Underground, loving the story telling that they are doing and explaining things on multiple levels. Anyone know of a non iTunes way I can download these episodes I want to cut this into a panel for future use.

Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • Anyone want to catch an online exclusive match?

• The uploaded has not made this video available in your country.

Which means I'll watch it tomorrow on my laptop. :)

I've really enjoyed the last two episodes. Cage in a cage was stupid fun. It's really great how Cage is becoming a true crowd favorite. Trios Championship bout was good too, though I'd like to see Angelico back to try and get the title again.

The latest episode started off slow, with some seemingly trivial matches, but the final fight between Sexy Star and Mariposa was real epic shit.
  • edited May 2016
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Not a video, but this is too great. Unfortunately I do not have the original source:

• I'm watching Wrestlemania XXX because I wanted to know more about Daniel Bryan.

I just saw a guy put a sock on his hand, move it around a bit pretending that it was a snake and smack a guy with it. I couldn't contain my laughter.
  • chaosof99 said:

I'm watching Wrestlemania XXX because I wanted to know more about Daniel Bryan.

I just saw a guy put a sock on his hand, move it around a bit pretending that it was a snake and smack a guy with it. I couldn't contain my laughter.

Congratultions, you get the gimmick. It's to make you laugh.
  • I'm getting a little bit into wrestling, mostly because of the SidewalkSlam podcast that LoadingReadyRun is doing.

Just watched Money in the Bank 2016, or at least the parts with wrestlers that don't bore me to tears.

* I really like the tag-team division at the moment. The New Day are fun champions and are appealing because they do their own thing and do it well. The Vaudevillains are a very interesting gimmick, though I don't think they're ever going to hold the title. The Club is pretty boring but okay I guess. Enzo & Cas are where it's at really. I usually don't really like hip-hop rooted gimmicks but both of those have charisma to spare and make the bravado work.
    * Styles vs. Cena was a good match technically, but the ending sucked. I really have no clue why they're playing up The Club angle on Styles and the character isn't going to grow in the WWE if they're going to continue to portray him as a guy who can't win unless he cheats. It also completely undercuts the buildup of "he has won everywhere". I also guess that the fact that WWE can't have its "Superman" lose fair and square factors also in here.
    * Holy shit that Money in the bank Ladder match. The Ladder "bridge" was a little bit contrived but holy hell that was a great match.
    * I still don't give a shit about Roman Reigns and don't really care about Seth Rollins either, mostly on the account that the two look basically identical to me as "beefy big guys with beards and long hair". They are not visually distinctive enough to make an appealing matchup. Yes, I understand that they have different styles of wrestling but still. The ending of the show with Ambrose cashing in the briefcase only about an hour after he won it was interesting though, but the execution was lacking and could have been more than a single move and then the pin. I do like Ambrose's character though and think he could be a good angle on the main event. Just don't hang it up too much on The Shield. With Reigns being suspended for 30 days it should be good though.
  • If you are looking for a good overall wrestling podcast out MLW radio. They have a variety of people to cover different angles on things and gives a great perspective.
  • Just watched Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura from NXT Takeover: Dallas. Holy shit what a match. Both very charismatic and the audience has both guy's back at times and the way they played off each other was just great. Amazing stuff for one guy's final appearance in the promotion and the other guy's debut. A great "passing of the torch" match with it cemented in the post-match scenes. Well executed there. Also can't wait until Nakamura makes it to the main roster. The guy is just super-charismatic.

The next match between Asuka and Bailey was also really good. Really hard to understand how the WWE screwed up its women's division for so long with talents like this around. At least now they're doing something to remedy this in recent years, even if I don't really like the storyline on the main roster ATM, and I think it would be better if they actually had multiple storylines for the women's division.

The final match between Finn Balor and Samoa Joe was unfortunately marred by an unintended cut on Joe's eye and continuous breaks by the medical staff trying to get it closed. Otherwise it was a pretty decent match, even if I think Balor's paint job is kind of ridiculous.
  • I don't like John Cena as a character, but the guy seems alright as a person.

• chaosof99 said:

I don't like John Cena as a character, but the guy seems alright as a person.

He's an interesting one for sure. He seems to have lived for WWE, doing everything for the company to boost its image, never saying no, coming back from injury early every time, etc, but I always wonder about the stories that supposedly were going to come out when he got divorced. Apparently he's quite a dick on Total Divas but it's impossible to know what's real on that show. Of course, everyone thought Hogan was a decent if eccentric guy until the sex tape leaked and he was revealed to be a terrible racist.

• ^ I actually prefer the Total Divas version of Cena to the one we see on WWE TV, if I had to pick one to spend any time with.

In other news, on Wednesday nights we Lucha, and tonight begins ULTIMA LUCHA DOS!

If you're looking for a recap of what's going to go down at Ultima Lucha, here is an article that breaks down each of the matches. Needless to say, Major Spoilers if you aren't caught up.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/lucha-underground/256749/ultima-lucha-dos-a-primer-for-the-lucha-underground-season-2-finale
  • edited July 2016

Of course, everyone thought Hogan was a decent if eccentric guy until the sex tape leaked and he was revealed to be a terrible racist.

I mean, there was always rumors, there were the stories about his diva behavior behind the scenes, and there was a bunch of other smaller things that happened, like when he was using helping the music career of one of his daughter's friends to pressure her into sex, in exchange for using his connections, the domestic violence allegations, drug abuse allegations, admitting to steroid use, the absolute mess he made of TNA with egotistical bullshit, and how he damned near sunk WCW when he got control and booking power there, wrestlers refusing to work with him.

But until the sex tape leaked, it was all stuff you could say was just a guy making a mistake, or the climate of that period of time, or just that some things don't work out, or that all celebrities of his profile(in the past) are a bit that way - but it was finally pretty clear documentary evidence that he's just a shitty person, and not something than you could just wave away, even taken isolated from all the other shit he'd done over the years.

Cena, on the other hand, seems to just be a pretty alright dude. He does a bunch of Make-a-wish stuff(in fact, more than anyone else in the history of the organization), he hangs out with fans, you don't hear of huge problems with him and other wrestlers. He was that real bullshit edgy character back in the day, but it seems like he's evolved as a character and a person, and he's just generally a pretty alright kinda guy.

Also, fun fact - He likes anime, and his favorite is Fist of the North Star.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • UncleUlty said:

In other news, on Wednesday nights we Lucha, and tonight begins ULTIMA LUCHA DOS!

No idea who the surprise guest was, but Dario Cueto's Unique Opportunities are always a lot of fun. What a cunt.
  • Agreed. I'm not sure how Texano is still alive after that night.
  • A lot of the violence in the show is sideshow gimmick stuff. I've laid on a bed of broken glass and had someone stand on me. It led to a few scratches, but that was it. Of course I wasn't being suplexed into it, but the same principles apply.
  • Even if I know it's probably not as bad as it looks, it still looks really nasty and unconformable.