This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Wegman's are not rare things anymore I mean even Queens is getting one.
  • Could things go wrong? Sure, but things could go wrong here, too. So why freak out, I ask myself. To my surprise and delight, my rational thoughts and my emotions are in harmony.

I am so proud of Adam for landing this job and proud of myself for not becoming an anxiety-ridden mess in the face of a rather large change.

*fist bump*
  • Cremlian said:

Wegman's are not rare things anymore I mean even Queens is getting one.

The Albany area still doesn't have one, so it is a big deal for us.
  • I am jealous of your future Wegmans.
  • http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10052&identifier=CATEGORY_517

Apparently I attract Wegman's when I travel somewhere. So few Wegman's and they all seem to be in places I routinely go Like Frederick, MD. No wonder I take them for granted.
  • Well, we're getting our Wegmans in New York too, so...
  • Well maybe I'll come to New York more ^_^ I am definitely overdue.
  • We've got one in Chestnut Hill, just next door to our part of Boston.
  • Cremlian said:

Well maybe I'll come to New York more ^_^ I am definitely overdue.

We are overdue, too. Now that my folks will be willing to watch the pupper and doggo, we will be able to travel more often. Woo-hoo!
  • Juliane and I are splashing out on our first non-work/non-family-visit/non-juggling-convention vacation since 2012. Then we went to Africa for 5 weeks. This time we are hiring a camper-truck for week of touring in Iceland!

I've visited a few times already, but only for a day at a time. Enough to do tours of some highlights, but not enough time to drive the interior roads to see glaciers and volcanoes and shit. I can't wait!
  • Today I had a minor surgery to remove a cyst from under my scalp. I'm a bit woozy now, but already my head feels like its the right shape again!
  • A random little mod of Hearts of Iron 4 a friend and I made to spice up our own games is now #1 recent popular, with more than 10,000 downloads in a week, and it got tweeted by Paradox.

What the shit.

• I just noticed that this thread has been going for 10 years! That's kind of a Booh yah!
  • Yeah, a lot of us have been on this forum for a LOOOOOONG time.
  • Finally not a teenager anymore.
  • I've been wanting to get out of working in retail for a long time. I sent an email to a local soundbar company named Zvox which I have previously mentioned. I am, to put it mildly, a big fan of their products. Today, I got an email back, they want to interview me next week! I am so unbelievably hyped. This could finally be it, and it's for a company and a product line I really believe in.
  • Good luck!
  • Thanks so much. I will report back, success or failure.
  • I've been working 65 hours a week between a full-time and a part-time job with no days off for 11 months now to pay off debt.

I miss running roleplaying games.
  • edited August 2016
    I left Florida, that's as big a Booh-yah as it comes. What are some cool geeky things to do in Boston? I'm loving this city but I am oh so lost,in a good way though.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • I left Florida, that's as big a Booh-yah as it comes. What are some cool geeky things to do in Boston? I'm loving this city but I am oh so lost,in a good way though.

Welcome! Pandemonium Books and Games has a good schedule of tabletop stuffs (and I'm told a very good sci fi selection, but I'm not one for fiction), there's also a cute little place near Coolidge Corner called Knight's Move Cafe for freeplay sort of stuff. There's some cool stuff on Newbury St, like Anime Zaka and Trident Book Store/Cafe. And of course the arts scene is pretty good with stuff like the Speakeasy Theater Troupe, the MFA and ICA, and all the great performing venues.

Hit me up, I can show you around.
  • Twice featured panelist at Otakon!

Also, hello forum. I'm back, bitches!
  • Viga said:

Twice featured panelist at Otakon!

Ey up V, good to see you again!
  • edited August 2016
    Churba said:

Viga said:

Twice featured panelist at Otakon!

Ey up V, good to see you again!
    Hell yeah, welcome back Tyrone Washington.

Seriously, though, welcome back Viga. :smile:
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited August 2016
    How did the panels go, Viga? Also, it's lovely to "hear" from you again. ^_^

Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • How did the panels go, Viga? Also, it's lovely to "hear" from you again. ^_^

Awesome! Stressful to do but awesome! Audience couldn't see the fire backstage. :P
  • Viga said:

How did the panels go, Viga? Also, it's lovely to "hear" from you again. ^_^

Awesome! Stressful to do but awesome! Audience couldn't see the fire backstage. :P
    That's our job as performers, after all.
  • I think I pretty well nailed my interview with Zvox. They're just going to talk to my references and get back to me on Friday. I'm going to be out of retail finally!