This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Thursday - Clothing and Garments

Tonight on GeekNights, since Rym didn't read Oryx and Crake yet (something came before), we talk about clothing and garments in the most general possible sense. It's some classic GeekNights right here. In the news, Nintendo is releasing a mini NES collection, and Birkenstock quits Amazon amidst a flood of bootleg products. If you follow the GeekNights Patreon, Rym is calling the cops on everyone parked in bike lanes.

We're presenting "The Grind" at PAX West 2016! We also put up another episode of GeekNights Presents Utena!

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• Ah, the moment of not zen becomes the thing of the day...
  • No, I still have my badges. I just have to go to Will Call to get them. They refunded my shipping charges.

And yes, it's because I ordered more than 4 sets per household.
    PAX Email said:

Hi,

Your orders for PAX Prime 2016 badges were flagged in our system as an over purchase. We will need you to come onsite with your Photo ID to pick up your badges. We will not be mailing them. If you paid for expedited shipping, those charges will be refunded back to your credit card.

Show Policy:
    “PLEASE NOTE: In order to keep things fair, we currently have badge limits of 4 sets per household. If we determine that you are ordering under different names or multiple addresses, all of your orders will be cancelled immediately.”

Thanks,

PAX Customer Service

It's going to be such a pain in the ass because I bought badges for friends and will have to coordinate getting them their badges on Thursday or later that weekend, taking away from my precious PAX Time.

• Oh wow that really sucks
  • Rym,
    Could you give a link to those bike shorts?
  • Pilitus said:

Rym,

• edited July 2016

Pilitus said:

Rym,

Stupid non-pyramids. Thanks Vanilla 2.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • edited July 2016
    Dazzle369 said:
    I haven't but that might come in handy so thanks for the link.

Post edited by Pegu on
  • Pegu said:

Dazzle369 said:
    I haven't but that might come in handy so thanks for the link.

You're welcome. I've got a really old one that needs a new valve, but I'm panning on getting a new one with a better filter and the more comfortable nose clip.

Definitely makes cycling in the city more bearable.
  • Yeah, what are those little holes that suddenly appear on tshirts?
  • Yeah, what are those little holes that suddenly appear on tshirts?

I thought they were damage from the dryer, but I've had them happen on shirts that have never seen the inside of a dryer.
  • From past research, and googling again just now, various people seem to think:

- moths
    - rubbing against metal belts
    - rubbing against kitchen counter tops
    - using clothes pins
    - over-filling a washer or dryer
    - cheap thin fabric
    - cooking (hot fat specks weakening the fabric)

I bet it's just cheap fabric.
  • I can imagine the rubbing also. Some of the spots I have holes are suspiciously near the belt area.
  • But then I have tshirts were the holes are on my shoulders. wtf?
  • The first place I usually see holes is around armpits. I think there it's because the fabric has to stretch and shift more often than on most of the shirt.
  • There's a seam around the armpits as well, double whammy.
  • My Coca-Cola® shirt looks great on me, so I'll wear it all I want, ya big smelly turds.
  • Rym. Where can I find those pirate bike shorts?
  • Starfox said:

Rym. Where can I find those pirate bike shorts?

• I'm with Scott on the label argument. I just bought a bunch of Uni Qlo, Super Dry is made for punk kids and punk kid's parents.