This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WashingCon - Washington DC's first board game convention Sept. 10th to Sept. 11

Full disclosure: I'm a volunteer at WashingCon and personally know the organizers. That being said, this is a legit con and I'm trying to spread the word about it.

WashingCon website

What it is: Washington DC's only dedicated tabletop gaming convention

When: September 10-11 2016

Where: Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center

Events: Too many to type out, but you can find a list here. Some examples though: Play to Win Titles, Open Gaming, Unpub Protozone

Official Sponsors: Steve Jackson Games, NorthStar Games, HABA, iello, and more.

Special Guests:

Jason Matthews - designer of Twilight Struggle

Rob Daviau - designer of Pandemic Legacy

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to either post in this thread or contact me.

Comments

• Doesn't overlap PAX. That's a +1 to the roll right there!
  • Rym said:

Doesn't overlap PAX. That's a +1 to the roll right there!

It's still really really close.
  • Is this the one being run by Ben Rossett? He'd hit me up a while back for help with learning the ins-and-outs of tabletop con planning. Gave him some pointers. Never heard if they moved forward with the DC-area con, though.
  • Shame... I'll be in Italy, normally I'd hit this up on proximity to my house and the Natural History Museam alone.
  • Matt said:

Is this the one being run by Ben Rossett? He'd hit me up a while back for help with learning the ins-and-outs of tabletop con planning. Gave him some pointers. Never heard if they moved forward with the DC-area con, though.

Yes, Ben Rossett is one of the main organizers. There was a much smaller convention last year, just to kind of test the waters so to speak, and this year, it's much bigger and more ambitious.

All this information is available on the WashingCon website.
  • edited August 2016
    Oh, I'll have been impressed so far with D.C area conventions (I.E. Awesomecon and MAGfest) and it's an excuse to go hang out with my sister in law and fiance so we might try and go to this.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Cremlian said:

Oh, I'll have been impressed so far with D.C area conventions (I.E. Awesomecon and MAGfest) and it's an excuse to go hang out with my sister in law and fiance so we might try and go to this.

You should definitely come to WashingCon!
  • Will there be soap?
  • If you guys are going there don't forget about MAGLabs...
  • Will there be soap?

Funnily enough, one of the ideas for a T-shirt involved a washing machine.
  • WashingCon
    WashingCon
    10 feet tall,
    Made of radiation.
  • Just a quick reminder that WashingCon is this coming weekend!

If you're near the DC area, or want to visit our nation's capital, come have fun!
  • :( I am at MAGLabs on the same weekend, go visit both!
  • My best friend Mosby is probably going to be there. I doubt there will be more than one Mosby so if you meet him weird him out somehow.
  • I'll be in Portland, that weekend, shame.
  • WashingCon
    WashingCon
    10 feet tall,
    Made of radiation.

Fucking killing for fun.