This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest 2017

No that isn't the theme, but the dates are now public! January 5th to the 8th.

I am posting this early because I am looking for a few good people willing to work the panels department for stuff. We currently have 4 people in there with one leaving and need fresh blood. If you are interested let me know via messaging means (email, DM, etc.) and I will give you the full version.

Comments

• Hit me up, and I'll volunteer Will's attention, too. You already have our emails, IIRC.
  • Update, emails will be sent out for the people who are interested soonish for the panels department.

However if you are on the fence here is a preaentation given to attendees at MAGFest that was copied from MAGCon. It gives an insite as to how this works.

• A little birdy just told me to keep your eyes out on the MAGFest website in the upcoming week (say the 5th) hotel room blocks will start to open.
  • Thanks for the update. My brother and I are thinking of heading down for this one.
  • What are the odds of actually getting in the hotel block? I tried a few months ago and only managed to get a hotel a million miles away. I'd love to get the holiday inn express across the street again and I'll be looking real hard at these hotel block but I'm not super hopeful.
  • I will do my best to make it on 2017.
  • Naoza said:

What are the odds of actually getting in the hotel block? I tried a few months ago and only managed to get a hotel a million miles away. I'd love to get the holiday inn express across the street again and I'll be looking real hard at these hotel block but I'm not super hopeful.

Odds are pax ticket amount, for the simple reason more people are paying attention to it. What most veterans do is to book a room and move Into the block if you wallet can handle that alternatively Wyndham to estate is the secret spot (albeit pricy unless you have a group going).
  • Confirmed hotels will go live this week before Otakon.
  • As far as I can tell the Wyndham is sold out during Magfest. I'll have to just obsessively watch for that room block.
  • http://magfest.org

Hotels are live, go go go
  • I can't figure out how to get to a hotel reg page. It looks like it's only for the "MAGFest Laboratories" thing?
  • edited August 2016
    WTF? this isn't The magfest, January 5-8. This is Magfest Labs. I can't make this. I'll be too, outside the US to go. When is the hotel block for Real Magfest being announced?
    Post edited by Naoza on
  • Crap they delayed it, check at 11:45 site will change over to main MAGFest mode.
  • It is now noon, no registration that I can see.
  • I swear, I know I fucked up not getting tickets to the residence inn the second the dates were announced, so I get it if I have to commute to the con, being my own fault. But fuck I really don't wanna commute to the con, coffee this morning was apparently a mistake as my heart is audible waiting for registration to open, it's tough to ops when you're nervous about your magfest hotel.
  • Next time to check is the :45s. 12:45, 1:45 etc.
  • edited August 2016
    For real site is live in one minute! Go go go with the f5 key.

http://magfest.org/bookhotel
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • They fucked up again! Still refreshing.
  • Amateur hour at Magfest HQ
  • Andrew said:

Amateur hour at Magfest HQ

Still better than most anime cons.
  • MAGFest has always been amateur hour.
  • By the way, hotel block's up.
  • I got a room
  • Andrew said:

I got a room

• edited August 2016
    I got a room at the hotel I wanted: Residence Inn accross the street. Time to cancel the shit one I had across town. :smiley:
    Post edited by Naoza on
  • edited August 2016
    Did it already sell out?

EDIT: If Gaylord is sold out that fast, we should set up a suite STAT for group stay.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • 20 minutes until full sold out of all available hotels.
  • How do you spell the Colossus roar? Because I'm fuckin' hyped to have my excellent room and that my boss was totally cool with my work output being kinda shit all afternoon as I stressed about magfest room block.